modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No. There is always another Boehner Congress, another freedom caucus, another tea party. Now they will have “abuse of power against the ‘National Interest’” and “Contempt of Congress” in their arsenal as impeachable offenses. Great job everyone :suicide:

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Attempted cartoon murder is a crime, a felony even. Diplomacy is not. And like I said, nothing ultimately happened.

Go ahead and impeach him. A lot of voters demand it. And when the boomerang comes back around on these specious articles in the future I look forward to you supporting impeachment then. 

This was not diplomacy, lol. In fact some of the diplomats involved testified under oath as much. Bolton quit over it.

You seem to think what's in the IG report is threatening to our democracy, and I agree, but there's no crime there either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

@SleepingGiantFan

You gotta love Jimmy Dorn, though.

Honest analysis every time.

As to the Dorn thing, even if that guy isn't a drooling dorque - and he certainly looks like one - a totally irrelevant first 2 minutes of an 18 minute monologue begets my immediate exit.

So if you really want to debate the merit of what Jimmer, or Jimmy, has to say, you better just summarize it for me.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

As to the Dorn thing, even if that guy isn't a drooling dorque - and he certainly looks like one - a totally irrelevant first 2 minutes of an 18 minute monologue begets my immediate exit.

So if you really want to debate the merit of what Jimmer, or Jimmy, has to say, you better just summarize it for me.

You gotta watch.

Jimmy is great (and honest).

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

This was not diplomacy, lol. In fact some of the diplomats involved testified under oath as much. Bolton quit over it.

You seem to think what's in the IG report is threatening to our democracy, and I agree, but there's no crime there either. 

Uhh did you miss the part where a lawyer altered a document to deceive the court and was subsequently referred for criminal investigation? 

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Feloniously lying about a blow job. The felony aspect is always left out whenever this defense is brought up.

fify

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Uhh did you miss the part where a lawyer altered a document to deceive the court and was subsequently referred for criminal investigation? 

Maybe Trump should propose legislation to help avoid those fisa process thay have caught up so many Americans.  Maybe he could pardon Snowden.  We need justice for the countless victims of these large 911 dragnets.  We are in total agreement.

• Cheers 1

I forgot about the that to be honest but I think my point still stands. Lots of lawful conduct in there that people should be removed for.

God bless America.

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The relevance of Russian expansion is a matter of subjective viewpoint. How it pertains to the National interest is a matter of opinion and personal politics. Lying under oath in a deposition is a serious crime everywhere which nobody disputes. People go to prison for it.

The please show me where in the US criminal code that lying about sex is a criminal offense.

53 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

The please show me where in the US criminal code that lying about sex is a criminal offense.

Ask and you shall receive.

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-1621.html

18 U.S.C. § 1621 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1621. Perjury generally

Whoever--

(1)  having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true;

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

Yes. Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress about gross behavior, and impeachment was warranted in my opinion, but that's still an awful lot "lighter" than what Trump did. Monica did not figure into Russian expansion.

What did Trump do?

Negotiated with Ukraine?  That is hardly a crime, it is an article 2 power.

Ask a leader of another country for a political favor?  Still not a crime and not even unique.

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Ask and you shall receive.

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-1621.html

18 U.S.C. § 1621 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1621. Perjury generally

Whoever--

(1)  having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true;

It has been 20 years and it still amazes me the simple concepts that a team member like @Spaztecs willfully ignore just because of who did it.    There is no use discussing gravity with these fools, if they think it benefits their team they will deny it exists.

I’m waiting for the next Democrat scam investigation after impeachment of Trump fails. It’s already been planned by Pelosi, Schiff and cohorts in the dungeons of the House. They’ve got more stooges already lined up. We all know it’s coming. How many more of these scams can the Democrats come up with in the next five years? Then they will wonder in 2020 and 2024 why they keep losing. 

Nah, the Dems and their supporters are too stupid to figure it out. Their lust for power and control has no bounds.