Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

SJSU, National Team of the Week - Sports Writers

DALLAS (FWAA) – The San José State Spartans scored on Dejon Packer's 19-yard run with 1:13 left to break a 24-24 tie and win their first road game since 2016 and record their first non-conference road win since 2012, posting a 31-24 at Arkansas that superseded a host of other worthy candidates. For winning their first game over an SEC school, San José State (2-1) has earned the Reveal Suits National Team of the Week honor for games of the weekend of Sept. 21.

This is the first time for San José State to win the FWAA's National Team of the Week honor and the first for a Mountain West Conference member since Wyoming on October 29, 2016.

http://sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2019/team190923.html

I'm very pleased for the Spartans. :rock:

BTW, what ever happened to the Woo Pig Sooie poster? I'm really pleased for him too. Out rolling in the mud with a bunch of porkers including his wife?

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

BTW, what ever happened to the Woo Pig Sooie poster? I'm really pleased for him too. Out rolling in the mud with a bunch of porkers including his wife?

Oh that dude is never coming back.

24 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Oh my. Didn't realize how bad things had gotten at Arkansas. 

2017 wins against Florida A&M, New Mexico St, Coastal Carolina and at Ole Miss (last P5 win, unless you count Colorado St this year)

2018 wins against Eastern Illinois and shut out of Tulsa (of course they did). Notable losses: CSU's miracle comeback in Fort Collins and a home 44-17 loss to North Texas.

2019 so far, wins against Portland St and CSU. Home loss to San Jose St.

Hey, a road W in SEC territory is cause for celebration no matter what. Go ahead Spartans.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

WTF is the "Reveal Suits team of the week?" :rotflmfao:

Reveal-Wut.jpg

Dude, it would have been more prestigious if I named you the national team of the week... :lol:

SJSU retweet got more likes than the original post. Lol 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

12 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Reveal-Wut.jpg

Dude, it would have been more prestigious if I named you the national team of the week... :lol:

C'mon man...it's their award let them have it in peace.

If you dont beat them on October 19th...............well, you know.

13 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Reveal-Wut.jpg

13 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

SJSU retweet got more likes than the original post. Lol 

Reveal Suites is the sponsor. I agree, it's obscure (like half the bowl sponsors out there). The NTOW award is selected by Sports Writers/Football Writers Association of America.

15 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Bill Clinton did not attend the University of Arkansas. He graduated from Georgetown, Yale School of Law, and attended Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar.

My bad.

Clinton and the University of Arkansas just seem like a match made in redneck heaven.

Boom goes the dynamite.