Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

El Camino - Breaking Bad movie

33 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I agree with literally everything that you said other than calling the finale subpar. 

It was fine, but that’s the one I felt was fan servicey. I thought the two previous episodes when the empire collapses and he’s left to reflect on all the ruin he has wrought on everyone were better fits for the story they created. I didn’t want any sort of redemption for Walter if we couldn’t see the effects, but I guess with El Camino I like it a bit more than I did at the time.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It was fine, but that’s the one I felt was fan servicey. I thought the two previous episodes when the empire collapses and he’s left to reflect on all the ruin he has wrought on everyone were better fits for the story they created. I didn’t want any sort of redemption for Walter if we couldn’t see the effects, but I guess with El Camino I like it a bit more than I did at the time.

The last two episodes of the show were about Walt... this was about Jesse. 

6 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

SPOILER ALERT

What did he do with Todd? I missed a little bit and my wife skipped ahead.

Todd is dealt with in last episode of BB.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

15 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Always has been interesting to me that Breaking Bad takes place in the same universe as The X-Files. 

BRUH...do go on? I never watched the X Files. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

BRUH...do go on? I never watched the X Files. 

Morley Cigarettes are smoked by a few of the people...which is the same one the Cigarette Smoking Man in the X-Files uses.

The attorney that represents Fring's 9 guys uses the same bank that Fox Mulder uses. 

The van rental company that they used to go bury the money in the desert is one that is used in the X-Files on several different occasions. 

17 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Morley Cigarettes are smoked by a few of the people...which is the same one the Cigarette Smoking Man in the X-Files uses.

The attorney that represents Fring's 9 guys uses the same bank that Fox Mulder uses. 

The van rental company that they used to go bury the money in the desert is one that is used in the X-Files on several different occasions. 

Why the angry reaction @thelawlorfaithful

16 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I wasn’t really angry, just saw we had a new reaction button and wanted to use it before never using it again. 

Wow! I love when creators make secret shared universes in their work.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, toonkee said:

Haven't watched the movie yet but hate the concept of continuing the story. Now the end wasn't the real end, and the TV show and was perfect. Just leave well enough alone. Toy story 4 was pretty good, but out effed up the perfect ending to 3. I have children.

It doesn't ruin the end of BB at all in any way. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 10/14/2019 at 8:23 AM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Always has been interesting to me that Breaking Bad takes place in the same universe as The X-Files. 

Well supposedly The Walking Dead is in that same universe too. Still waiting on that Walking Dead prequel where Walt is the first walker. 

Vince Gilligan did it again! I figured El Camino would be a very good movie and it is. Gilligan is a cinematic genius, and I can't wait for the next season of Better Call Saul. 

I like El Camino so much that I'm binge watching all the Breaking Bad episodes again. And then I'll watch El Camino a second time after that. Fortunately this is something my wife likes too.  

Image result for walter white's pontiac aztek .gif