Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

El Camino - Breaking Bad movie

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Looks good. Hope Walter shows up.

He’s dead.  Looks like this takes place right after the finale of Breaking Bad. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

He’s dead.  Looks like this takes place right after the finale of Breaking Bad. 

I read an article last year (before they started shooting the film) that Walter may be back in a flashback scenario. I sure hope so! 

12 minutes ago, crixus said:

I read an article last year (before they started shooting the film) that Walter may be back in a flashback scenario. I sure hope so! 

That would be cool.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Did they ever actually declare him dead, or was it just assumed? Hoping they don't do something that will diminish one of the most satisfying finales ever made.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 9/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mano said:

Did they ever actually declare him dead, or was it just assumed? Hoping they don't do something that will diminish one of the most satisfying finales ever made.

I believe it was just assumed... I remember a cop checking his pulse, but it was just assumption that he had died. 

19 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Aaron is really cool!!  He has pre-screenings on all his movies!!  Love it when people from Idaho make it big and give back!!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Do I have to watch breaking bad to understand what's happening?

I mean, you'd probably be able to enjoy it as a suspenseful "thriller" without having watched the show... but there is so much layered context that you'd be missing that it might not mean much. There are enough flashback scenes to provide some context that it would at least make cohesive sense as a standalone movie. 

Ultimately though, it was designed as an outlet for Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul to provide closure for Jesse Pinkman. The best part is that the absolutely delivered on that aspect. 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You make it sound like that's a bad thing...

I just don't have the time right now. If it was the summer It wouldn't be an issue.

I watch football from Thursday to Monday. Plus all the other crap thats in my DVR

1 minute ago, rudolro said:

I just don't have the time right now. If it was the summer It wouldn't be an issue.

I watch football from Thursday to Monday. Plus all the other crap thats in my DVR

I'd honestly recommend holding off on watching it until you've seen the show... because there are things in the show that are spoiled during the course of the movie. It would be interesting to watch it, then the show, and then to see what your opinion about the movie was a second time after having watched the show. That being said, I'd say to wait. The show is well worth watching, and now I think I want to watch it all the way through again.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I'd honestly recommend holding off on watching it until you've seen the show... because there are things in the show that are spoiled during the course of the movie. It would be interesting to watch it, then the show, and then to see what your opinion about the movie was a second time after having watched the show. That being said, I'd say to wait. The show is well worth watching, and now I think I want to watch it all the way through again.

Fortunately Netflix keeps things on for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to watch both before they remove them.

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Fortunately Netflix keeps things on for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to watch both before they remove them.

The movie is a Netflix exclusive, so I doubt it goes anywhere anytime soon... and because of that, they have a particular interest in making sure that the show is always available on their platform as well. Netflix is actually probably the reason why the show even made it to its final season, because it had an explosion of interest in it after it was made available there.