Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AKram

Collin Hill done for season

ACL injury part III

For the short term, this will be O'Brien's team to lead on the field. 

With Hill, the offense had the chance to keep up with all the points the defense is going to allow. Without. Whoof. This could get ugly fast.

2 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Rams I am truly sorry to hear the news.  I feel awful for Hill...what shitty luck.  On the plus side for the Pokes this helps us with a probable victory in the Border War and will make it four in a row.

He's a sock. Pretty sure. No self-respecting Wyoming fan would ever say such a thing about someone so obscure.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

He's a sock. Pretty sure. No self-respecting Wyoming fan would ever say such a thing about someone so obscure.

True...I just slapped myself!  Rams, go to hell!  The Pokes are going to kick your wooly asses all over the field November 22!  Man, that feels better Wyovanian!  What the +++++ was I doing earlier???

2 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

True...I just slapped myself!  Rams, go to hell!  The Pokes are going to kick your wooly asses all over the field November 22!  Man, that feels better Wyovanian!  What the +++++ was I doing earlier???

You forgot, "...regardless of your quarterback, whoever he is this season."

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

46 minutes ago, AKram said:

ACL injury part III

For the short term, this will be O'Brien's team to lead on the field. 

With Hill, the offense had the chance to keep up with all the points the defense is going to allow. Without. Whoof. This could get ugly fast.

That was such a cheap shot, too.  I hope Arkansas goes 0-fer the rest of the season.

The likely replacement is the Nebraska transfer Pat O'Brien.  A four star out of high school that has been criticized for his slow grasp of the playbook.  Also in the mix is a very athletic Justice McCoy who is in his third year in the program.  I get that he hasn't had the bulk of the reps, but surely he's got some grasp of the playbook by now.

None of this matters.  We don't have a defensive coordinator.  Haven't had one in years.  Can't win games when you give up 50+.

Man, that sucks for him. He had so much going for him in the off season and the Manning Camp and such. He was already saddled with trying to cover for the woes of his D and then this happens. With him I think the Rams win the Border War, .......now?:shrug:  When it rains, it pours.

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That was such a cheap shot, too.  I hope Arkansas goes 0-fer the rest of the season.

The video that I initially saw looked like a complete cheap shot, but it was a condensed version & really just showed the hit itself. I just went and rewatched the full play.. The Arkansas player tripped on a dudes leg and as a result hit hill low. 

8 minutes ago, toohandsome said:

The video that I initially saw looked like a complete cheap shot, but it was a condensed version & really just showed the hit itself. I just went and rewatched the full play.. The Arkansas player tripped on a dudes leg and then crawled up to take a shot on the knee, and as a result hit hill low. 

FIFY.  I heard about some CSU players complaining about earlier crap from this guy so when I watched the replay I paid some attention to that.  Yeah, he was dirty all game.  Kicking players on the ground, standing on CSU players while the pile was sorted out, etc.  I'm not calling Arkansas dirty, but this guy definitely is.  How his coach addresses it will be telling.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

The likely replacement is the Nebraska transfer Pat O'Brien.  A four star out of high school that has been criticized for his slow grasp of the playbook.  Also in the mix is a very athletic Justice McCoy who is in his third year in the program.  I get that he hasn't had the bulk of the reps, but surely he's got some grasp of the playbook by now.

None of this matters.  We don't have a defensive coordinator.  Haven't had one in years.  Can't win games when you give up 50+.

Hate to see any one hurt.  But you were not going to win any games with him.  Your playing for a lottery pick know. 

32 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

FIFY.  I heard about some CSU players complaining about earlier crap from this guy so when I watched the replay I paid some attention to that.  Yeah, he was dirty all game.  Kicking players on the ground, standing on CSU players while the pile was sorted out, etc.  I'm not calling Arkansas dirty, but this guy definitely is.  How his coach addresses it will be telling.

So you are going to tell me with a straight face that this dude crawled into hill’s leg with enough speed and force to tear his ACL? He... crawled. Lmao, okay. He tripped while on a direct line to hill. I’m not saying he isn’t a dirty player, but that play wasn’t intentional. 

3 minutes ago, toohandsome said:

So you are going to tell me with a straight face that this dude crawled into hill’s leg with enough speed and force to tear his ACL? He... crawled. Lmao, okay. He tripped while on a direct line to hill. I’m not saying he isn’t a dirty player, but that play wasn’t intentional. 

I didn’t see it.  Just hear lots of talk about dirty play.  Was it really not dirty at all?

4 minutes ago, slappy said:

Hate to see any one hurt.  But you were not going to win any games with him.  Your playing for a lottery pick know. 

Sadly, you're right. Hill wasn't the problem though.  Like I said.  No defensive coordinator.  The current guy isn't up to Marty English standards.  A Poke fan should see what that's saying.