Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

P5 (or 6) Conferences

According to Forde

1. Big 12

2. Big Ten

3. SEC

4. PAC-12 (hmmm sketchy)

5. Mountain West Conference

6. ACC

Not listed: AAC

https://sports.yahoo.com/forde-yard-dash-how-conferences-have-stacked-up-so-far-4-picks-for-the-playoff-040443607.html

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

When MWC gonna get dipchit P6 patch? Nevada can cram it in between the 150, MWC and various other patches it wears. 

The P6 helmet sticker is one of the more cringier things I’ve seen in all of sports. Especially when they proceed to go 4-10 vs P5 competition lulz

4 minutes ago, toohandsome said:

The P6 helmet sticker is one of the more cringier things I’ve seen in all of sports. Especially when they proceed to go 4-10 vs P5 competition lulz

The phrase under promise over deliver escapes the AAC.

17 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

When MWC gonna get dipchit P6 patch? Nevada can cram it in between the 150, MWC and various other patches it wears. 

Craig Thompson is negotiating for this right now.  For the MWC to wear p6 patches for the length of their new contract.

For all the talk about the PAC-12 being garbage, they do have half their membership in the Top 25. The ACC, on the other hand, outside of Clemson, appears to be complete garbage. The AAC and MAC can both make a good argument for being better conferences than the one currently waving the National Championship flag.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I approved this message.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

For all the talk about the PAC-12 being garbage, they do have half their membership in the Top 25. The ACC, on the other hand, outside of Clemson, appears to be complete garbage. The AAC and MAC can both make a good argument for being better conferences than the one currently waving the National Championship flag.

Im sold on Virginia. I think Mendenhall has them in a good spot 

Related image

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

No, no, no. Idaho is known as the great trend setter in style, so we should put the P6 patch right on the players asses. Another good thing about it being on the ass is that it’s as close as it can get to the sewer without actually getting soiled. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

According to Forde

1. Big 12

2. Big Ten

3. SEC

4. PAC-12 (hmmm sketchy)

5. Mountain West Conference

6. ACC

Not listed: AAC

https://sports.yahoo.com/forde-yard-dash-how-conferences-have-stacked-up-so-far-4-picks-for-the-playoff-040443607.html

Someone has to take this to the AAC board, or even the ACC board and give Florida St. fans some love. 🙂👍

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

That’s what I was saying. The PAC-12 is different than recent years with who’s good and who’s not. But it’s not a bad conference like people are saying. It is a little early, but if they can keep 5 to 6 schools in the Top 25, they’ll at least be respectable. 

kat.jpg

https://awfulannouncing.com/league-networks/even-the-most-conservative-internal-acc-network-projections-have-the-conference-shooting-past-the-pac-12.html

Ironic that the MW provides more quality football game content through Week 4 than the ACC the year the ACC launches its conference network with ESPN.

The Mountain West on the field performance makes it possible to seek media deals that are valued in proportion to autonomous conferences with a straight face.

I'm just speculating but a $120 million per year deal (~$10m each presuming Boise plays nice) is not a 'laugh in your face' asking price now that the Mountain West has demonstrated how many good football games are played most years in this conference.

The one 'ACC' provision i'd really like to see included is a kicker if the conference goes from eight to nine conference games.  I have to imagine that a tv partner would want to make it more lucrative to play intraconference than scheduling MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt games out of conference, especially when the dollar figures get large enough.

12 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/league-networks/even-the-most-conservative-internal-acc-network-projections-have-the-conference-shooting-past-the-pac-12.html

Ironic that the MW provides more quality football game content through Week 4 than the ACC the year the ACC launches its conference network with ESPN.

The Mountain West on the field performance makes it possible to seek media deals that are valued in proportion to autonomous conferences with a straight face.

I'm just speculating but a $120 million per year deal (~$10m each presuming Boise plays nice) is not a 'laugh in your face' asking price now that the Mountain West has demonstrated how many good football games are played most years in this conference.

The one 'ACC' provision i'd really like to see included is a kicker if the conference goes from eight to nine conference games.  I have to imagine that a tv partner would want to make it more lucrative to play intraconference than scheduling MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt games out of conference, especially when the dollar figures get large enough.

I'm sure a TV exec would point to the 5 year or current MW configuration average.  No one is paying millions of dollars for one year of results.  

20 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I'm sure a TV exec would point to the 5 year or current MW configuration average.  No one is paying millions of dollars for one year of results.  

I bet a lot of Fox and ESPN execs think they could have shown a number of MW games played over the past five years that CBS Sports broadcast and gotten a bigger audience if they owned the rights instead.

The bigger point is that the comparison is to the ACC and the Pac 12, not just the AAC, which is appropriate based on the actual quality of play on the field.

An ACC team, aside from Clemson, is basically not any better than a MW team.  The last five years of ACC play was unwatchable - I found I couldn't do it a lot. 

The effusive praise for the SEC is partially based on the 'meh' play of the ACC in the media markets where the pundits who pontificate about that ish pontificate.

7 hours ago, ZK686 said:

Crazy how much love the MW is getting, and Fresno State is 0-2 against the P5.

Imagine if we were actually doing good too...

It really sucks because you could’ve won both games, just came up short. We’d have 9 P5 wins as a conference.  USU came so close with WF which would’ve made it 10 P5 wins. 

kat.jpg

The playoffs have created an upper, middle and lower tier in the P-5 conferences. Now that they are competing for a play-off spot vs just a good bowl game, the big boys are starting to separate themselves from the wannabes P-5 schools. It has created more weaker bottom feeder teams which are now equal to the higher or above average G-5 teams. Thus you’ll have more G-5 schools winning against P-5 teams not at the top of their conferences. You will continue to see this until they expand the play-off to 8.

The Ohio St’s, Oklahoma’s, Alabama’s and Clemson’s have separated themselves from their conference mates. It’s the reason why the play-offs only have 4 teams, they don’t want to take the chance of a 2nd tier P-5 school devolving into a power school and possibly winning it all. aka another Clemson. 

All that’s missing is USC, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Texas to rise up and start playing their part as a power school.

Ohio St, Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Nebraska, Michigan and Georgia run college football, they have for years. We won’t have an 8 team playoff until the majority of them buy off on it. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.