Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

New Mexico in play for 2020?

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

People are giving you shit here but I see your point and I agree with it to a degree. One of the biggest problems I see overseas, and even domestically, is a sort of Walmart/McDonaldization of the country. It's hard to discern American cities from each other, for example. And overseas cities are getting just as bad. It's sad and pathetic really.

It's not really sad or pathetic, it's life. The world has become smaller and smaller ever since we wandered away from the caves.

Not in our lifetimes but someday, the whole world will have melted together and become one.

It's not good or bad, it just is.

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It's not really sad or pathetic, it's life. The world has become smaller and smaller ever since we wandered away from the caves.

Not in our lifetimes but someday, the whole world will have melted together and become one.

It's not good or bad, it just is.

It might be "what it is", but what it is, is sad and pathetic. It's become a sort of Soylent Green of Consumerism.

7 hours ago, happycamper said:

Not gonna lie, got a lot more chances to practice Spanish as a college kid vs. adult for this exact reason (among many others). 

But you weren’t pandering to get votes. You weren’t pretending to be something you’re not. Beto absolutely tries to do that and many people don’t buy it or like it.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

But you weren’t pandering to get votes. You weren’t pretending to be something you’re not. Beto absolutely tries to do that and many people don’t buy it or like it.

Sure, but that makes Beto look worse, doesn't it? "Hey Latino person I noticed speaking Spanish, let me, a white man who !SHOCKINGLY! speaks Spanish, default to your native language for you (despite the fact that my Spanish has decayed through lack of use, and my middle class Argentina influenced Spanish is the next thing to Portuguese to your working class Oaxacan accent) comes across as condescending and my desire is "I haven't spoken Spanish in a while", not "PLEASE MAKE ME YOUR LEADER LOOK I CAN BE LIKE YOU"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

People are giving you shit here but I see your point and I agree with it to a degree. One of the biggest problems I see overseas, and even domestically, is a sort of Walmart/McDonaldization of the country. It's hard to discern American cities from each other, for example. And overseas cities are getting just as bad. It's sad and pathetic really.

Agreed. You can go down any commercial street in any mid size or larger city in the country and they all look the same with the same franchises. 

On 9/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Good, "God-fearing" Christian men like Roy Moore, Donald Trump, New Gingrich, Wes Goodman, Chris Myers, and Larry Craig, amirite?

To suggest that people who are not card-carrying, Trump pole-smoking knobknockers are not hard-working, family-oriented, and/or value-driven displays a somewhat divisive and derisive degree of ignorance.

For your further edification:

Party-affiliation-by-religious-group.png

Evangelicals & Mormons still clinging to the 1850's  :rock:

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

Sure, but that makes Beto look worse, doesn't it? "Hey Latino person I noticed speaking Spanish, let me, a white man who !SHOCKINGLY! speaks Spanish, default to your native language for you (despite the fact that my Spanish has decayed through lack of use, and my middle class Argentina influenced Spanish is the next thing to Portuguese to your working class Oaxacan accent) comes across as condescending and my desire is "I haven't spoken Spanish in a while", not "PLEASE MAKE ME YOUR LEADER LOOK I CAN BE LIKE YOU"

Image result for beto spanish meme

On 9/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, alum93 said:

You took his bait huh?  I think a response of Archie Bunker was enough.  But we can add our current president to the pic.  Apparently a nice blue suit and red tie make people gloss over statements like Mexicans are sending rapists and murderers when explaining immigration.

Image result for archie bunker pics

Never forget, the fictitious Archie Bunker lived in Queens where the real Trump came from. 

32 minutes ago, aztech said:

Never forget, the fictitious Archie Bunker lived in Queens where the real Trump came from. 

There's a lot of Archie Bunkers in Queens.