Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

New Mexico in play for 2020?

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

I've never understood why Mexican-Americans, Latinos, Chicanos or whatever they are called lean left. They are hard working, family-oriented and religious - all of which are conservative values. 

No shit, the GOP somehow screwed it up.

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

I've never understood why Mexican-Americans, Latinos, Chicanos or whatever they are called lean left. They are hard working, family-oriented and religious - all of which are conservative values. 

Just like Donald Trump.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Good, "God-fearing" Christian men like Roy Moore, Donald Trump, New Gingrich, Wes Goodman, Chris Myers, and Larry Craig, amirite?

To suggest that people who are not card-carrying, Trump pole-smoking knobknockers are not hard-working, family-oriented, and/or value-driven displays a somewhat divisive and derisive degree of ignorance.

For your further edification:

Party-affiliation-by-religious-group.png

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Seen a Trump rally lately? Mexican-Americans are vilified by the right.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Because the Republican Party is no longer conservative and is xenophobic. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

4 hours ago, Bob said:

The fact that there are but two parties in America leaves so many left out or having to sacrifice one set of core beliefs for another.  The GOP and Dems keep drifting farther and farther apart.  I pray for someone to fill the void and we can damn these two parties to hell where they belong!

54 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Because the Republican Party is no longer conservative and is xenophobic. 

Becoming more so by the year.  The GOP party today, particularly it's leadership does not at all resemble the party I registerd for back in 1991 when I turned 18.  It's only become a bigger cesspool since I registered Independent in 2007.

In 2016, out of 780k votes in New Mexico:

Hillary: 385 k 

Trump: 320 k

Johnson: 75 k 

---

He would need the Libertarian candidate to be a complete failure and hope for a candidate like Warren or Bernie on the other side.  If the Catholics Biden or Beto are on the ticket, I don't see Trump having much of a chance there.

39 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

In 2016, out of 780k votes in New Mexico:

Hillary: 385 k 

Trump: 320 k

Johnson: 75 k 

---

He would need the Libertarian candidate to be a complete failure and hope for a candidate like Warren or Bernie on the other side.  If the Catholics Biden or Beto are on the ticket, I don't see Trump having much of a chance there.

New Mexicans don’t like Beto. The fake Mexican tends to piss people off. His use of Spanish at his rallies and during the debates comes off as condescending. If Beto becomes the nominee he will get his ass kicked in New Mexico.

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Good, "God-fearing" Christian men like Roy Moore, Donald Trump, New Gingrich, Wes Goodman, Chris Myers, and Larry Craig, amirite?

To suggest that people who are not card-carrying, Trump pole-smoking knobknockers are not hard-working, family-oriented, and/or value-driven displays a somewhat divisive and derisive degree of ignorance.

Are you telling us what is divisive and derisive?  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, easybronc said:

Are you telling us what is divisive and derisive?  :facepalm:

If you're asking if I am stating the insinuation that only card-carrying conservatives have family values, work hard, and believe in God is divisive and derisive, then yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

The “Latino vote” is a myth. The Latino population is far too diverse to back candidates anywhere near as much as black voters back democrats. 

34 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

If you're asking if I am stating the insinuation that only card-carrying conservatives have family values, work hard, and believe in God is divisive and derisive, then yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

It clarifies that you don't consider it divisive or derisive to interchange the word conservative with "card-carrying, Trump pole-smoking knobknockers".  

Just now, easybronc said:

It clarifies that you don't consider it divisive or derisive to interchange the word conservative with "card-carrying, Trump pole-smoking knobknockers".  

I didn't mean to offend you. You're more than welcome to smoke whomever's pole you wish. You go be you, tiger.

30 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

The “Latino vote” is a myth. The Latino population is far too diverse to back candidates anywhere near as much as black voters back democrats. 

I completely agree with this. Anecdotal evidence, but my Mexican family members don't identify at all with my Spanish family members and vice versa. I even have witnessed straight ugly racism among them.