Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State vs Air Force...

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

You and I both.  

We should’ve won that 2015 game in Provo, there was that bullshit call when a BYU offensive lineman ripped the helmet off of our defensive lineman and the refs called a 15 yard penalty.  

Two words. Chad. Bunn.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Huh?

The story...   In short, a BYU employee in the replay booth did not provide the replay video that clearly showed the Aztecs caused and recovered a fumble. The TV audience saw the view, but mysteriously that view wasn’t shown to the refs - who incorrectly said the runner was down. Probably decided the game in byu’s favor. 

19 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

The story...   In short, a BYU employee in the replay booth did not provide the replay video that clearly showed the Aztecs caused and recovered a fumble. The TV audience saw the view, but mysteriously that view wasn’t shown to the refs - who incorrectly said the runner was down. Probably decided the game in byu’s favor. 

Come on, nobody believes something like that would happen 

9 minutes ago, slappy said:

Come on, nobody believes something like that would happen 

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic, I was just offering another case of bad officiating at byu. The case I’m referring to resulted in suspensions, rule changes about who can staff the replay booth and made national headlines.

That was a gut check win by Boise State in a tough physical game. Air Force may not lose in the Mtn Div. again. They are solid on defense and the triple option is always tough to contain. We did about as well this game against the triple option as we ever have other than the one blown coverage toward the end of the game. 

Good time for a bye as we likely will get a few injured players back. Pierce and Ojukwu returning will really help. It will allow our Oline to be back to full strength and Pierce is our smartest player on defense.  

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Lui having 16 tackles in the game tonight while playing nose tackle might be one of the most incredible stats I've ever seen. Crazy to see an interior lineman have that many tackles in a game.

That's the way it should be when you play the option.

You cover your assignment the triple option doesn't work.

My 2-HUGE take-a-ways from 2nights game:

#1 - All those damn Gyro Shack radio ads made me crave lamb gyros all-night-long

#2 - ¿is it humanly possible for your radio team to say “...on the blue...” any more often?

54F96899-2376-4DDE-BA3C-48CBF8FFAC05.jpeg

On 9/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, Fowl said:

And this is why I like AFA to win outright.  BSU's defense has a short week to prep for the triple and historically hasn't been great against it - not that the players today can't perform well in a good scheme to defeat it.  More importantly, the BSU OL recently has not been able to handle exotic stunts and blitzes well - see SDSU's defensive performance last year against this OL and in prior years.  AFA runs a similar defense to SDSU that stunts and blitzes a lot.  Given the Boise OL's lack of ability to pick up those pressures along with a 21-year old "BYU True Freshman" QB I think AFA is going to limit BSU's yardage and cause a couple of turnovers.  Throw in the four-down triple option, just about every starter returning for AFA, and I think AFA squeaks this one out at the end. 

Derp.  What a garbage prediction.  Congrats Boise. 

Well, have to say I woke up this morning in a great mood. That game was scaring the shit out of me and the Broncos did what they needed to win. Gutsy performance over the best opponent so far. 

I hope Hammond is able to get healthy and play out the season. If so, AFA will finish second in the SEC Mountain. First if Boise State stumbles down the stretch.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

That was a fun, and stressful, game to attend. If not for a garbage-time TD, we hold Air Force to 13 point. Also held them 100 yards below their rushing average. Very impressed with the defense overall.

Not sure why Air Force was playing an injured QB when they had another who was playing well. I think that cost them quite a bit in the second half.

1 minute ago, Dimwhit said:

That was a fun, and stressful, game to attend. If not for a garbage-time TD, we hold Air Force to 13 point. Also held them 100 yards below their rushing average. Very impressed with the defense overall.

Not sure why Air Force was playing an injured QB when they had another who was playing well. I think that cost them quite a bit in the second half.

I felt bad for Hammond....that guy's got heart though.  His limp on his drop backs was obvious, and he couldn't put the zip he needed to on his throws.  Sanders was doing pretty well in his back up role, and I am also surprised that they stuck with Hammond.  That RB Kadin Remberg kid is a freak, you could just see his speed and athleticism.  I Think AFA is going to be a total nightmare next year.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

4 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

It started out slow but then the crowd became electric!!! Shout out to the student section for being loud & proud!!! Did the blackout look good on TV?

down in a hole.jpg

16 minutes ago, NoMWCCG4UNRLOL said:

Lol wrong that’s not even a conference game. The Utah State is the big game. 

You aren't wrong. For the conference, I'd agree that Utah State is the biggest one now. For fans hoping for an NY6 game, BYU is probably the toughest one left.