Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State vs Air Force...

I read here last week that you just had to have a LB spy the QB.  Lot's of crazy theories on here.

The only real answer that works is pretty simple.  Make 'em punt.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

I read here last week that you just had to have a LB spy the QB.  Lot's of crazy theories on here.

The only real answer that works is pretty simple.  Make 'em punt.

That's a good strategy for Air Force, but there is a better way: score more points than them. The team that scores more points almost always wins (CSU vs USU last year being the exception). 

I think Boise's players on defense (particularly with the front seven) have enough experience against Air Force. I don't think the Falcons will surprise the Broncos with anything they do on offense.

As others have said, it will all come down to disciplined football. And I want to see some wrapping-up on tackles.

Oh, come on, they are just Howdy Doody fly boys!!!  :hahaha:

They are always a concern!  I hope our defensive guys don't get hurt. 

down in a hole.jpg

Redzone and third downs being key...I agree with that.  AFA turned the ball over in the redzone against CU and I'm not sure they would be as lucky against Boise State.

Going to be interesting with a freshman QB for the Broncos but AFA is going to have to be careful with the football too.

Moa and Lui and our MLB need to shut down the dive play. The Dends need to hit the QB on every play and not get suckered in on the dive play. The OLBs need to take the outside pitch to the RB. The CBs and safeties need to respect the pass first and assist on the run second. If everyone does their job and doesn’t start free lancing we should be fine.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, tailingpermit said:

I’m prepping thy anus.  

...knees?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 9/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, HooknLiberty said:

They don't have to be.  More often than not, they are Boise beaters.

image.png.d5a3b4a2ecd8e1f1c464afe4a179cd20.png

7 minutes ago, BSUFan said:

image.png.d5a3b4a2ecd8e1f1c464afe4a179cd20.png

Ya, I know, it's definitely realitive to other teams that we regularly play and not the best choice of words.  However, I live in CO and attended two of those loses.  AF is the scariest team in the conference in my mind.  I believe Boise can and should win, but I believed that about all the games we've played against Air Force.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, and pretty much every game against AF, but big emphasis on the caution part.

Just now, HooknLiberty said:

Ya, I know, it's definitely realitive to other teams that we regularly play and not the best choice of words.  However, I live in CO and attended two of those loses.  AF is the scariest team in the conference in my mind.  I believe Boise can and should win, but I believed that about all the games we've played against Air Force.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, and pretty much every game against AF, but big emphasis on the caution part.

Can't disagree, Air Force scares the hell out me as well.

AF tend to wear down as the season progresses. It's better to play them late.

Rocky ball seems to be triple option kryptonite; Ball control offense. Fast aggressive defenders who can get to the edge and make the open field tackle.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Rocky is an old option QB so as long as thy he defense performs well on assignment the Aztecs do well.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

AF tend to wear down as the season progresses. It's better to play them late.

Rocky ball seems to be triple option kryptonite; Ball control offense. Fast aggressive defenders who can get to the edge and make the open field tackle.

Army's 2017 team disagrees with this assessment.

2 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Army's 2017 team disagrees with this assessment.

that was one game .I guess last year prove we can beat Boise every time we play them Or was that just one game? SDSU has one six straight  against Air fFrce

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

AF over CU now plays BSU... almost all the alphabets

More at http://www.ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com/ LINK

A great win by our Air Force Falcons over Colorado on Saturday. From start to finish the team played 100% And while giving credit to Colorado, AF was mainly stopped by three turnovers. Credit the defender's for causing two fumbles but an interception in the end zone should have been a touchdown if not bouncing off the receiver's hands. Impressed by the offensive line, defensive backfield and the selections and play calling by our offensive coordinator.

Now we head to the blue in Boise Idaho to play undefeated Boise State. This will be a tough matchup between two very good teams. Keys in watching this game is how Air Force's secondary does against Boise young freshman quarterback and how Boise State does vs the rushing attack while worrying about the play-action pass.

Currently on the road so I don't have time or the ability to post many links that here's some early thoughts for the matchup.

First look AF vs BSU. https://academywars.com/2749/air-force-football-first-look-boise-state/

AF defensive backs and Steelhammer. https://gazette.com/sports/weston-steelhammer-s-legacy-lives-on-as-air-force-football/article_61a76b54-d9b8-11e9-bc84-534ee70d9c19.html LINK

AF vs BSU's QB. https://gazette.com/sports/rattling-boise-state-s-freshman-qb-hank-bachmeier-imperative-for/article_731f7100-d9b4-11e9-bd83-8b9f0cb30cf5.html LINK

Boise Coordinator talk triple option ‘Three yards and a cloud of dust’? Air Force’s triple option is so much more.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article235192987.html

Boise State-Portland State report card

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article235140777.htmlResized_20190917_120223.jpeg.74694ac76627aeaf83d7d52952a61678.jpegResized_20190917_120207(1).jpeg.e382e7cda0bef0fab50ceb802338550f.jpeg

Funny coincidence. Driving through Yellowstone to Boise and saw two Colorado Buffaloes walking the opposite direction because they were sad and disheartened after the game on Saturday. Life is timing and they passed three feet from my mirror (serious... two-lane road, trees and mountains on one side river-bed on the opposite side there was a line of cars 3 miles long behind them, lucky it was not on our side of the road. God's creatures are amazing

GO Falcons

..GO FALCONS..