Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Pac 12 is garbage.

40 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

Today's ESPN article about the AP poll ranking six different teams from the conference pretty clearly shows that the conference isn't 'garbage' but I agree that it doesn't appear to be the first or second best conference in the nation like it was generally considered fifteen years ago

What do u mean doesn’t appear.  PAC 12 won’t be in the playoffs again.  Even with a 0 loss champ it is likely to be left out.  I think it is safe to say it is the bottom of the P5.  

I think a 0 loss Boise team gets as much talk as a 0 loss Utah team for inclusion.  Both will be left out but still.  

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

The ranking system is always phucked. Most teams rankings are circle jerks of the P5. 

#3 Georgia has beaten Vandy, Murray State and Arkansas State

Who has Utah beat to warrant a #10 ranking?  BYU?  NIU?  Idaho State?

#11 Michigan has beaten Middle Tennessee and Army - barely.

#12 Texas lost to LSU but has beaten the top teams Louisiana Tech & Rice.

#13 Wisconsin has beaten USF & CMU

#14 Penn State beat Idaho, Buffalo & Pitt

5 SEC teams in the top ten, and only LSU & Auburn have a win vs ranked teams. 

PAC-12 teams?

#15 Oregon beat Nevada & Montana but lost to Auburn

#19 Washington State beat New Mexico State, Northern Colorado & Houston

#22 Washington has beat Eastern Washington and Hawaii, lost to Cal, yet is ranked higher.

#23 Cal beat Washington, North Texas & UC Davis.

#24 Arizona State beat Kent State, Sacramento State and ranked Michigan State, yet is 24th.

Not sure crowing about rankings is a good thing.

BTW, I'm not a Pac-12 hater.  I like the conference. Far more than the other P5's.  Conferences like the SEC get far too much credit playing each other, and the OOC games are mostly pillow fights.  So the whole system is phucked.

Remind me. Who exactly has BSU beat? You know, the best team in this conference. 

A bad FSU team that should be 0-3 and needed OT to beat UL Monroe?

Struggled against “powerhouse” Marshall?

FCS giant Portland State?

Looks like the voters are “circle jerking” Boise as well.  Absolute garbage pussy schedule for BSU.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Yep. Despite the fact I live in L.A. where 17% of the P12 schools are located, since the P12 network isn't on the local FoxSports option on which some P12 games are televised and we subscribe to DirecTV and the P12 network isn't even on its add-on sports package so for us to watch that network, we would have to switch providers. As such, the P12's network is identical to what the inconsequential Mountain West Conference once had.

Kids want to attend school where they know their friends and family can catch their games on TV every week and their friends aren't going to change broadcast providers just to be able to watch them several times per year.

And yet, the P12 has 6 teams ranked and several teams in the top 25 recruiting rankings consistently over the years.  But nobody sees our product right?

Utah had about $50 million in TV and “rights” revenue with our sponsorships last year, not counting all the other revenue. About 3 million from the P12 channel. Our budget is $100m. This is about mid conference.  What is the revenue per team here? Lol. 

You doom and gloom P12 haters don’t look at all the details. Only what serves your agenda. While I agree the P12 network has its failures, the conference is doing just fine in revenue. We have a negotiation coming soon and there is discussions of selling rights to the P12 network to major players. 

The B12 and ACC are very comparable in distributions. 

DOOM AND GLOOM. Lol. Rather this conference doesn’t have a seat at the table is more like it.

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

And yet, the P12 has 6 teams ranked and several teams in the top 25 recruiting rankings consistently over the years.  But nobody sees our product right?

Utah had about $50 million in TV and “rights” revenue with our sponsorships last year, not counting all the other revenue. About 3 million from the P12 channel. Our budget is $100m. This is about mid conference.  What is the revenue per team here? Lol. 

You doom and gloom P12 haters don’t look at all the details. Only was serves your agenda. While I agree the P12 network has its failures, the conference is doing just fine in revenue. We have a negotiation coming soon and there is discussions of selling rights to the P12 network to major players. 

The B12 and ACC are very comparable in distributions. 

DOOM AND GLOOM. Lol. Rather this conference doesn’t have a seat at the table is more like it.

The P12 beats the hell and heaven out of any G5 conference. However, except to those who care about Olympic sports, calling itself the Conference of Champions means very little and it has fallen considerably off the excellence it once had in basketball and of the P5 conferences, it has had the lowest number of participants in the college football playoff since that system was created.

As such, even aside from problems with its TV network, a decade ago the Pac had a reputation solidly above that of the the Big12 and ACC but that is no longer the case. It wasn't me who said the P12 is garbage but its momentum certainly can't be said to be upward.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The P12 beats the hell and heaven out of any G5 conference. However, except to those who care about Olympic sports, calling itself the Conference of Champions means very little and it has fallen considerably off the excellence it once had in basketball and of the P5 conferences, it has had the lowest number of participants in the college football playoff since that system was created.

As such, even aside from problems with its TV network, a decade ago the Pac had a reputation solidly above that of the the Big12 and ACC but that is no longer the case. It wasn't me who said the P12 is garbage but its momentum certainly can't be said to be upward.

The conference of champions label is complete horseshit. Until we win an NC in major sports we will always be behind the other P5 conferences in reputation. 

However, I’m not sure we are “ garbage” when you look at all the same metrics for each P5.

My point is, the conference fans here are simply jealous they don’t have a seat at the table and cherry pick data to serve an obvious anti P12 agenda.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Remind me. Who exactly has BSU beat? You know, the best team in this conference. 

A bad FSU team that should be 0-3 and needed OT to beat UL Monroe?

Struggled against “powerhouse” Marshall?

FCS giant Portland State?

Looks like the voters are “circle jerking” Boise as well.  Absolute garbage pussy schedule for BSU.

Yeah I mean only 8 or so team actually get multiple quality wins. I mean Fresno ended up ranked last year with exactly ONE quality win (@Boise  in MW champ game) and one bad but not terrible loss (@ a .500 Minnesota) and one "good" loss (@BSU). So unless you are actually competing for one of the 4 playoff spots it is really more about avoiding any bad loses. Beat all the decent/bad teams and go .500 vs good/great teams and you will have a pretty solid ranking. 

18 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Yeah I mean only 8 or so team actually get multiple quality wins. I mean Fresno ended up ranked last year with exactly ONE quality win (@Boise  in MW champ game) and one bad but not terrible loss (@ a .500 Minnesota) and one "good" loss (@BSU). So unless you are actually competing for one of the 4 playoff spots it is really more about avoiding any bad loses. Beat all the decent/bad teams and go .500 vs good/great teams and you will have a pretty solid ranking. 

Agree 100 %. I just get a kick out of BSU fans chest thumping with their atrocious schedule. 

Harsin is a 10-3 coach. I see possible losses to BYU( a team Utah road graded) USU and maybe Fresno.

UCF is clearly the class of the G5’s the last few years

16 minutes ago, utenation said:

The conference of champions label is complete horseshit. Until we win an NC in major sports we will always be behind the other P5 conferences in reputation. 

However, I’m not sure we are “ garbage” when you look at all the same metrics for each P5.

My point is, the conference fans here are simply jealous they don’t have a seat at the table and cherry pick data to serve an obvious anti P12 agenda.

Now that there are no Utah schools things are taken far less seriously.  We board for the lulz.  The indignation of the Utah fans have provided plenty.  Nobody is looking that deep into it.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Now that there are no Utah schools things are taken far less seriously.  We board for the lulz.  The indignation of the Utah fans have provided plenty.  Nobody is looking that deep into it.

Nah, you just mad that you will be playing 5th or 6th place Pac team in the Vegas Bowl.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

Nah, you just mad that you will be playing 5th or 6th place Pac team in the Vegas Bowl.

That means we won the conference!  That would be sick and is my goal for the year.  If we can win an up MWC with a tFR QB things bode well for the future.  At this point I give us a 50/50 chance of winning the division and a 35/65% chance of making it to the Vegas bowl.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That means we won the conference!  That would be sick and is my goal for the year.  If we can win an up MWC with a tFR QB things bode well for the future.  At this point I give us a 50/50 chance of winning the division and a 35/65% chance of making it to the Vegas bowl.

An up MWC? 

LOL. I have seen an up MWC, and this ain't it. 

Enjoy the Vegas Bowl this year, cause it is going away too.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

30 minutes ago, utenation said:

Agree 100 %. I just get a kick out of BSU fans chest thumping with their atrocious schedule. 

Harsin is a 10-3 coach. I see possible losses to BYU( a team Utah road graded) USU and maybe Fresno.

BSU doesn’t play Fresno this year.

Anyway on a side note, looking forward to watching UW beat Utah for the 5th year in a row to bring the overall series to 13-1. Kinda reminds of the BSU/Utah series. No clue why y’all are ranked 10 right now, but you’ll help the dawgs improve their SOS. So there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

An up MWC? 

LOL. I have seen an up MWC, and this ain't it. 

Enjoy the Vegas Bowl this year, cause it is going away too.

The best MWC year of all time, 2008, had 9 P5 wins, this year we have 7 with a chance for 8 next week.  Yeah, it's an up year.  Especially compared the last several.

I can see this thread struck a nerve.  Lol.

5 hours ago, utenation said:

There’s always a few things you can count on in this conference. A tainted, biased anti P12 agenda here simply because of geography and the lack of seat at the table.

2. A few head to head MWC wins against bad P12 teams somehow counts as ownership of the P12.

BTW, what happened to “powerhouse” Hawaii yesterday? Did they have to finally come off of Iwo Jima and play a good P12 team? Yikes. 

I thought they “owned” the P12?

Finally, as some other fans mentioned, you could go through each P5 slate and find plenty of WTF moments in this early season.

BTW, nearly half of our conference is ranked. How about the MWC? Lol

You better hope that Florida State win holds up. They should be 0-3 right now.

When people say that a conference is "good" they don't actually mean good. They mean that it has a lot of elite teams. An 8 team conference of teams ranked between 35 and 20 will be percieved as "weaker" than a conference with 3 teams in the top 15 and then trash for the next 9. The pac is seeing that problem now. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The best MWC year of all time, 2008, had 9 P5 wins, this year we have 7 with a chance for 8 next week.  Yeah, it's an up year.  Especially compared the last several.

I can see this thread struck a nerve.  Lol.

Lulz, comparing this to 2008, when there were 2 top 10 teams and another in the top 25, with the top teams having OOC wins over ranked P5 opponents, and blowing out the unranked P5's.

This isn't the WAC any more, dare to aim higher.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

30 minutes ago, toohandsome said:

Anyway on a side note, looking forward to watching UW beat Utah for the 5th year in a row to bring the overall series to 13-1. Kinda reminds of the BSU/Utah series. No clue why y’all are ranked 10 right now, but you’ll help the dawgs improve their SOS. So there’s that. 

Maybe you just have bad math?We beat UW in 2015. Not quite 5 in a row if they win this year.  But then again, last I checked MWC Schools are pretty far down the list on best  educational institutions. So I won’t bust your balls too much since you are probably limited on IQ and ability.

Especially Boise. Lol

Hell, at least Utah plays ranked teams every year.  The MWC is lucky to get one team ranked on a good year.

This conference has never been the same since Utah, TCU and BYU left.

WAC rejects and out dated, non performing old MWC teams

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

Maybe you just have bad math?We beat UW in 2015. Not quite 5 in a row if they win this year.  But then again, last I checked MWC Schools are pretty far down the list on best institutions. So I won’t bust your balls too much since you are probably limited on IQ and ability.

35 minutes ago, toohandsome said: