Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Pac 12 is garbage.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

My friends call me Natty. You may call me Mr. Utenation. And I sure did pick CU #2 last week on an INTERNAL thread.  It was also a WEEKLY pick numbnuts. Things change dumbass.

I don't think anybody had Hawaii #2 in our weekly internal rankem threads.  You have gotten so fragile in your time over in the Pac12 safe space.  The Pac12 board summed up in 2 catchy minutes.

15 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

It's become tough to know who's more clueless about the alleged greatness of their conference, AAC fans or P12 fans.

Oh yeah, and you idiots are objective and rational here right? I’m not so sure anyone is calling the P12 great.

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

My friends call me Natty. You may call me Mr. Utenation. And I sure did pick CU #2 last week on an INTERNAL thread.  It was also a WEEKLY pick numbnuts. Things change dumbass.

Come on. Why so triggered? I’m a fan of all west coast conferences and the pac12 is broken right now. It’s week three and already national media yawning at pac12. USC has to get its chit together. 

P12 will cannibalize itself as the season progresses. Utah will finish with 2-3 losses, same with UW. Oregon will win the conference but will likely pick up a head scratcher loss throughout conference play. 

I dont think the P12 is the worst P5 conference, that title goes to the ACC. However, like others have mentioned, they do lack that elite team this year. They’ll get it turned around, but it’s not gonna happen this year. 

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Same.  So damn frustrating.  I live in Pac 12 country and don't get it.  I wanted to watch CU-AF and the Oregon-Griz game too.  I can't believe how long they have let their dispute with Direct TV go on.  

That's why God invented SportSurge. Next weekend you won't have that problem.

https://sportsurge.net/

The SEC's top is better than the Pac's.

Bama/Georgia/UF/LSU/Auburn/TAMU is better than anything the Pac-12 has. Hell Kentucky would probably win the Pac-12 if they played in it this year.

17 minutes ago, utenation said:

Oh yeah, and you idiots are objective and rational here right? I’m not so sure anyone is calling the P12 great.

You obviously aren't around these parts enough anymore to be aware of the opinions I've expressed about the MW.

Boom goes the dynamite.

48 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

OOC games WERE just preseason contests to Rocky. As evidenced by the fact he has beaten P12 opponents 5 of the last 6, he's become aware of the need to stop de-emphasizing them. Hopefully he will soon come to the realization that however poorly attended MWC bowl games might be, because gamblers pay a lot of attention to them, they matter too.

I did not know that. He is even more underrated. Why Holmoe put Rocky on the schedule is beyond me. I would never play him. Our last game of the year will be a battle. If for some odd reason we overlook that game, we will be beaten badly.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

59 minutes ago, utenation said:

There’s always a few things you can count on in this conference. A tainted, biased anti P12 agenda here simply because of geography and the lack of seat at the table.

2. A few head to head MWC wins against bad P12 teams somehow counts as ownership of the P12.

BTW, what happened to “powerhouse” Hawaii yesterday? Did they have to finally come off of Iwo Jima and play a good P12 team? Yikes. 

I thought they “owned” the P12?

Finally, as some other fans mentioned, you could go through each P5 slate and find plenty of WTF moments in this early season.

BTW, nearly half of our conference is ranked. How about the MWC? Lol

You better hope that Florida State win holds up. They should be 0-3 right now.

The ranking system is always phucked. Most teams rankings are circle jerks of the P5. 

#3 Georgia has beaten Vandy, Murray State and Arkansas State

Who has Utah beat to warrant a #10 ranking?  BYU?  NIU?  Idaho State?

#11 Michigan has beaten Middle Tennessee and Army - barely.

#12 Texas lost to LSU but has beaten the top teams Louisiana Tech & Rice.

#13 Wisconsin has beaten USF & CMU

#14 Penn State beat Idaho, Buffalo & Pitt

5 SEC teams in the top ten, and only LSU & Auburn have a win vs ranked teams. 

PAC-12 teams?

#15 Oregon beat Nevada & Montana but lost to Auburn

#19 Washington State beat New Mexico State, Northern Colorado & Houston

#22 Washington has beat Eastern Washington and Hawaii, lost to Cal, yet is ranked higher.

#23 Cal beat Washington, North Texas & UC Davis.

#24 Arizona State beat Kent State, Sacramento State and ranked Michigan State, yet is 24th.

Not sure crowing about rankings is a good thing.

BTW, I'm not a Pac-12 hater.  I like the conference. Far more than the other P5's.  Conferences like the SEC get far too much credit playing each other, and the OOC games are mostly pillow fights.  So the whole system is phucked.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

6 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

The ranking system is always phucked. Most teams rankings are circle jerks of the P5. 

#3 Georgia has beaten Vandy, Murray State and Arkansas State

Who has Utah beat to warrant a #10 ranking?  BYU?  NIU?  Idaho State?

#11 Michigan has beaten Middle Tennessee and Army - barely.

#12 Texas lost to LSU but has beaten the top teams Louisiana Tech & Rice.

#13 Wisconsin has beaten USF & CMU

#14 Penn State beat Idaho, Buffalo & Pitt

5 SEC teams in the top ten, and only LSU & Auburn have a win vs ranked teams. 

PAC-12 teams?

#15 Oregon beat Nevada & Montana but lost to Auburn

#19 Washington State beat New Mexico State, Northern Colorado & Houston

#22 Washington has beat Eastern Washington and Hawaii, lost to Cal, yet is ranked higher.

#23 Cal beat Washington, North Texas & UC Davis.

#24 Arizona State beat Kent State, Sacramento State and ranked Michigan State, yet is 24th.

Not sure crowing about rankings is a good thing.

BTW, I'm not a Pac-12 hater.  I like the conference. Far more than the other P5's.  Conferences like the SEC get far too much credit playing each other, and the OOC games are mostly pillow fights.  So the whole system is phucked.

I'm not a Pac hater either, they are my second favorite conference.  Washington State is my favorite non MWC team.  Love me some pirate and they way they kick conference ass with players Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA did not give the time of day.

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Pretty sure you had Colorado #2 in your power rankings.

The Pac 12's problem is their top would be most P5 conferences middle.  If you are looking at leaning on Utah as your top team, you have a problem. Oregon and Washington are clearly the best teams in the Pac12 and they already have home loses.  

This thread is not about the MWC, Natty, if you want to start a "the MWC is garbage" thread, go ahead but do try and stay on topic in this one.  Thanks.

Do you understand the difference between power rankings, based solely on results of who you have played, and a poll where you are ranking teams by who you think is best? Are you one of those guys that shakes your fist at early season computer rankings too?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

Do you understand the difference between power rankings, based solely on results of who you have played, and a poll where you are ranking teams by who you think is best? Are you one of those guys that shakes your fist at early season computer rankings too?

Yes and Yes.

I don't hate the Pac 12.  I think their problem is they have become the "BYU" of the P5.  Some nice moments, some feel good wins but too few and far between to be nationally relevant.

Today's ESPN article about the AP poll ranking six different teams from the conference pretty clearly shows that the conference isn't 'garbage' but I agree that it doesn't appear to be the first or second best conference in the nation like it was generally considered fifteen years ago.

The author of that ESPN article mentions '[Week 3 results] put the Pac-12 at 4-4 against the Mountain West this season.'

You could interpret the implication of mentioning the record means the Pac 12 is bad but it can just as easily be interpreted as implying that the Mountain West is good, especially  because MW schools have beaten Big Ten and SEC schools as well this year.