Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Pac 12 is garbage.

2 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

This morning it seems as though the PAC12 has five good teams: WSU, Washington, Oregon, California and Utah. How many conferences have five good teams?  The SEC?  Any others?

The PAC12’s problem is the seeming absence of an elite team. Utah could be that team. Washington St could be that team. Time will tell. 

Well, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State, Baylor and KState are all undefeated.  And Texas is probably pretty good too.  That's 6 (out of 10 - not 12 (or 14)).  And we play 9 conference games too.

8 minutes ago, Jared said:

Well, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State, Baylor and KState are all undefeated.  And Texas is probably pretty good too.  That's 6 (out of 10 - not 12 (or 14)).  And we play 9 conference games too.

So your point is that the BigXII is also not garbage? I won’t argue with that. The only P5 conference that is garbage, imho, is the ACC. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

This morning it seems as though the PAC12 has five good teams: WSU, Washington, Oregon, California and Utah. How many conferences have five good teams?  The SEC?  Any others?

The PAC12’s problem is the seeming absence of an elite team. Utah could be that team. Washington St could be that team. Time will tell. 

ASU also looks pretty good, still undefeated and just beat Michigan State.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

4 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

So your point is that the BigXII is also not garbage? I won’t argue with that. The only P5 conference that is garbage, imho, is the ACC. 

No, my point is that your point is weak.  The SEC, Big10 and Big12 all meet (and exceed) your threshold; contrary to the implication in your question that the Pac 12 is somehow unique in having 5 good teams.  I'm not sure if I would use the word "garbage" but the Pac12 has money problems, exposure problems and competition problems - each of which that are undeniable.  (if I were still a MWC fan, however, I'm not sure that I would be labeling the conference which my teams are beating as "garbage" either because that really doesn't enhance the MWC's case all that much either.)  I also don't consider the ACC to be "garbage" although they (Clemson aside) also have money problems, exposure problems and competition problems.  (The Big12, by contrast has "argue with each other," "conference disarray" and "long-term stability" problems...and the MWC has "wannabe," bigger "money" and "exposure" problems).

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

No, my point is that your point is weak.  The SEC, Big10 and Big12 all meet (and exceed) your threshold; contrary to the implication in your question that the Pac 12 is somehow unique in having 5 good teams.  I'm not sure if I would use the word "garbage" but the Pac12 has money problems, exposure problems and competition problems - each of which that are undeniable.  (if I were still a MWC fan, however, I'm not sure that I would be labeling the conference which my teams are beating as "garbage" either because that really doesn't enhance the MWC's case all that much either.)  I also don't consider the ACC to be "garbage" although they (Clemson aside) also have money problems, exposure problems and competition problems.  (The Big12, by contrast has "argue with each other," "conference disarray" and "long-term stability" problems...and the MWC has "wannabe," bigger "money" and "exposure" problems).

And I contend that my point is salient.

Name the good teams in the B1G. That list includes Ohio St and Wisconsin. 

Name the good teams in the SEC, a league that truly defines fattening up on lower competition, and that list is only five or six teams deep, and this is a 14 team conference that plays only 8 conference games with a designated cross over. 

As to the rest:  we shall see if equity overrides revenue, or vice-versa. With regard to conference leadership, I won’t argue that because I believe our leadership has been wanting thus far. Exposure?  There’s only so much you can do to counter the realities of time zones. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I also believe that putrid TV deal is contributing to the talent drain of the PAC-12. They’re getting minuscule national exposure. 

It all plays a part.  Just read an article stating that the pac 12 is already out of the playoffs again.  Might be premature, but not a bad thing at all.  Expansion of the playoff system might be driven by the weakest link in the P5.  Pac12 suffering is actually really good for the MW.  I enjoy it 

14 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Congrats on beating USC.

Image result for nancy pelosi golf clap gif

Lulz. You just lost to Air Force. 

4 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

3 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

Or...good teams that all play nine conference games tend to cannibalize each other. On that list, Utah plays all but Oregon. Can the SEC say that?  

You act like that’s an unusual statistic. Have you compared that with the other P5’s records?  What about the ten wins you conveniently ignore? The PAC12, unlike other P5 conferences, will play away games against inferior teams. Does the B1G or the SEC?  The PAC12 plays 9 conference games in a 12 team conference. Adding yet another P5 game in OOC just further disadvantages the conference.

Double Lulz for delusions of grandeur. Comparing the singular worst P5 conference over the last five or so years to arguably the best P5 conference is even more delusional than the AAC's "P6" fantasies.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Maybe. Way to early to tell. Plus some teams will get better. Rocky Long probably the most underrated coach of all time his teams always improved. 

What would tick me off as a fan about him is non conference games are just preseason games to him. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

There’s always a few things you can count on in this conference. A tainted, biased anti P12 agenda here simply because of geography and the lack of seat at the table.

2. A few head to head MWC wins against bad P12 teams somehow counts as ownership of the P12.

BTW, what happened to “powerhouse” Hawaii yesterday? Did they have to finally come off of Iwo Jima and play a good P12 team? Yikes. 

I thought they “owned” the P12?

Finally, as some other fans mentioned, you could go through each P5 slate and find plenty of WTF moments in this early season.

BTW, nearly half of our conference is ranked. How about the MWC? Lol

You better hope that Florida State win holds up. They should be 0-3 right now.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I also believe that putrid TV deal is contributing to the talent drain of the PAC-12. They’re getting minuscule national exposure. 

Yep. Despite the fact I live in L.A. where 17% of the P12 schools are located, since the P12 network isn't on the local FoxSports option on which some P12 games are televised and we subscribe to DirecTV and the P12 network isn't even on its add-on sports package so for us to watch that network, we would have to switch providers. As such, the P12's network is identical to what the inconsequential Mountain West Conference once had.

Kids want to attend school where they know their friends and family can catch their games on TV every week and their friends aren't going to change broadcast providers just to be able to watch them several times per year.

Boom goes the dynamite.

52 minutes ago, robe said:

Maybe. Way to early to tell. Plus some teams will get better. Rocky Long probably the most underrated coach of all time his teams always improved. 

What would tick me off as a fan about him is non conference games are just preseason games to him. 

OOC games WERE just preseason contests to Rocky. As evidenced by the fact he has beaten P12 opponents 5 of the last 6, he's become aware of the need to stop de-emphasizing them. Hopefully he will soon come to the realization that however poorly attended MWC bowl games might be, because gamblers pay a lot of attention to them, they matter too.

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

There’s always a few things you can count on in this conference. A tainted, biased anti P12 agenda here simply because of geography and the lack of seat at the table.

2. A few head to head MWC wins against bad P12 teams somehow counts as ownership of the P12.

BTW, what happened to “powerhouse” Hawaii yesterday? Did they have to finally come off of Iwo Jima and play a good P12 team? Yikes. 

Finally, as some other fans mentioned, you could go through each P5 slate and find plenty of WTF moments in this early season.

Pretty sure you had Colorado #2 in your power rankings.

The Pac 12's problem is their top would be most P5 conferences middle.  If you are looking at leaning on Utah as your top team, you have a problem. Oregon and Washington are clearly the best teams in the Pac12 and they already have home loses.  

This thread is not about the MWC, Natty, if you want to start a "the MWC is garbage" thread, go ahead but do try and stay on topic in this one.  Thanks.

44 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think there is a good chance an undefeated Utah is left out of playoffs.  I am pulling for that.  Good luck.  

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Pretty sure you had Colorado #2 in your power rankings.

The Pac 12's problem is their top would be most P5 conferences middle.  If you are looking at leaning on Utah as your top team, you have a problem. Oregon and Washington are clearly the best teams in the Pac12 and they already have home loses.  

This thread is not about the MWC, Natty, if you want to start a "the MWC is garbage" thread, go ahead but do try and stay on topic in this one.  Thanks.

My friends call me Natty. You may call me Mr. Utenation. And I sure did pick CU #2 last week on an INTERNAL thread.  It was also a WEEKLY pick numbnuts. Things change dumbass.

3 minutes ago, slappy said:

I think there is a good chance an undefeated Utah is left out of playoffs.  I am pulling for that.  Good luck.  

For sure if schools like Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama all stay unbeaten.  The helmet teams always get the nod.  It will be interesting if Utah somehow stays undefeated but there is a helmet team with one loss.