Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Pac 12 is garbage.

9 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

UCLA has quit on Chip Kelly.  I wonder who they hire next?

I don't think UCLA fans might be interested in letting their AD make that decision.  More likely the AD goes first IMO.

12 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

At this point, I don't think a 13-0 Boise State team gets left out of the playoffs but if that happens, the Feds might not be able to ignore the NCAA's issues that much longer.

Don't have to worry about that this season - the Broncos are going to lose on October 19.  Maybe in 2024, though.

This morning it seems as though the PAC12 has five good teams: WSU, Washington, Oregon, California and Utah. How many conferences have five good teams?  The SEC?  Any others?

The PAC12’s problem is the seeming absence of an elite team. Utah could be that team. Washington St could be that team. Time will tell. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

12 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

This morning it seems as though the PAC12 has five good teams: WSU, Washington, Oregon, California and Utah. How many conferences have five good teams?  The SEC?  Any others?

The PAC12’s problem is the seeming absence of an elite team. Utah could be that team. Washington St could be that team. Time will tell. 

If there was an elite team then those 5 wouldn't look good.  They're just feeding off the ineptitude of each other and their otherwise kosher early season schedule.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If there was an elite team then those 5 wouldn't look good.  They're just feeding off the ineptitude of each other and their otherwise kosher early season schedule.

Or...good teams that all play nine conference games tend to cannibalize each other. On that list, Utah plays all but Oregon. Can the SEC say that?  

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

The PAC12 has 22 OOC wins. They have beaten 4 P5 teams. (TT, Neb, Mich State and Northwestern). Of the remaining 18 wins, 8 were against Big Sky teams. 

That is very unimpressive. The PAC gets fat off beating FCS teams and each other. They haven’t beaten a quality team in years. It’s an absolutely terrible conference. It’s trash. 

9 hours ago, slappy said:

Pac12 being down is nothing new.   Watered down with expansion and going through a bunch of bad hires  

I do think the MW is more too heavy than the Pac12 right now.  First time I have thought that ever.  

I also believe that putrid TV deal is contributing to the talent drain of the PAC-12. They’re getting minuscule national exposure. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

You act like that’s an unusual statistic. Have you compared that with the other P5’s records?  What about the ten wins you conveniently ignore? The PAC12, unlike other P5 conferences, will play away games against inferior teams. Does the B1G or the SEC?  The PAC12 plays 9 conference games in a 12 team conference. Adding yet another P5 game in OOC just further disadvantages the conference.

Just now, wolfan8431 said:

I get the big 10 & SEC networks but not the Pac 12.  Weird when I live in the West. 

Same.  So damn frustrating.  I live in Pac 12 country and don't get it.  I wanted to watch CU-AF and the Oregon-Griz game too.  I can't believe how long they have let their dispute with Direct TV go on.  

1 minute ago, wolfan8431 said:

I get the big 10 & SEC networks but not the Pac 12.  Weird when I live in the West. 

The coverage and payout is pathetic when compared to the other P5 conferences. Larry Scott should be on the hot seat. His incompetence is only surpassed by Hair Thompson.

Case in point, the highest paid PAC-12 coach, Washington’s Chris Petersen, has a lower base salary than the lowest paid coach in the Big Ten, Purdue’s Jeff Brohm. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg