Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Weber State @ Nevada

1 minute ago, Dj_John69 said:

The Pack has blown since Polian started here. Its sad. I used to love attending games. Now, i wouldn't waste a dollar to see them at home.

Won't argue that. 

But BB may be a big let down next year.

Flat performance against an FCS team after a big Purdue win and a pancaking against a juggernaut in a hostile atmosphere. Got out with the win. Next weekend the season begins in earnest.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

47 minutes ago, Dj_John69 said:

The Pack has blown since Polian started here. Its sad. I used to love attending games. Now, i wouldn't waste a dollar to see them at home.

However you support the team, just support the team.  Maybe that’s a ticket, maybe that’s a TV set playing the game in the background for ratings.  Apathy kills programs.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

However you support the team, just support the team.  Maybe that’s a ticket, maybe that’s a TV set playing the game in the background for ratings.  Apathy kills programs.

I was at the game..... The Pack offense was shaky as holy  hell but the D

was  pretty good and they won. Pack redshirt QB still in an ongoing learning process.

Weber State has a good senior laden D line. Rated #6 In FCS.

I think as fans we have to ask ourseleves:

1. Do I like going to the games for the fun of being the games themselves?

2. Or am I a lazy frontrunner? If they don't look good I will skip the games.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

54 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I was at the game..... The Pack offense was shaky as holy  hell but the D

was  pretty good and they won. Pack redshirt QB still in an ongoing learning process.

Weber State has a good senior laden D line. Rated #6 In FCS.

I think as fans we have to ask ourseleves:

1. Do I like going to the games for the fun of being the games themselves?

2. Or am I a lazy frontrunner? If they don't look good I will skip the games.

That’s the thing: the area has always been full of bandwagoners.  Part of it has to do with the transient nature, that many are here for a good time, not a long time.  In that vein: if it’s a championship team (not just a winning team), they’ll grab people’s attention.  If not, people just generally can’t be bothered.  They don’t have anything that binds them to the school.  That’s not shit-talking, just how I see the situation.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Reno fans. Like BYU fans without the charm.

3 hours ago, Dj_John69 said:

I just can't get excited for Nevada football. Is it basketball season yet?

LOL. Basketball won't save you.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

Our offensive line is shit.  Absolute shit.  We may not win a mwc game. 

Our oline is definitely a work in progress, but calm down about not winning a game. Weber State’s D front is really good for an FCS team. And they gave SDSU fits, too. 

That said, we’re probably a 6- or 7-win team at best. Which is pretty much status quo for the program.

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Speaking of charmless...

You would think getting you shit pushed in last week would give you a little humility and basic sportsmanship would require you to recognize that your opponent fought hard and played well.  Alas, these to traits; humility and sportsmanship, seem to be in short supply amongst the Reno "faithful".

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You would think getting you shit pushed in last week would give you a little humility and basic sportsmanship would require you to recognize that your opponent fought hard and played well.  Alas, these to traits; humility and sportsmanship, seem to be in short supply amongst the Reno "faithful".

Lol. You mean like this?

33 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Our oline is definitely a work in progress, but calm down about not winning a game. Weber State’s D front is really good for an FCS team. And they gave SDSU fits, too. 

Now you, on the other hand, are here just to be a dick. So humility isn’t really your thing either, is it? You’re just a finger-wagging dipshit with the charm of a pit viper and the self-awareness of a concrete slab.

early game inexperienced QB it will get better. Weber is a good team Has a nice defense. I still think Nevada will go bowling. Doing good in recruiting hang in there.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

oooh working hard  laying the doggy doo  in here today ooooh!

have a nice day.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Lol. You mean like this?

Now you, on the other hand, are here just to be a dick. So humility isn’t really your thing either, is it? You’re just a finger-wagging dipshit with the charm of a pit viper and the self-awareness of a concrete slab.

SDSUfan is simultaneously the most bitter and the most cowardly poster on this forum and is in the running for angriest poster. He’s king of the pile on post and the “I told you so” post. I suppose he views his petty victory dances as some sort of confirmation of the power of his absolutist views, but they only reveal what a small person he really is. Pathetic.