Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

CSU @ Arkansas

Just now, Cstateman said:

Yeah true i would agree there. If they fire him mid-season who takes over the d? 

A rotten tomato. 

A goat.

3 grade school girls from Beattie Elementary.

I don't care.

They'll all do a better job!

4 minutes ago, AKram said:

A rotten tomato. 

A goat.

3 grade school girls from Beattie Elementary.

I don't care.

They'll all do a better job!

Yeah, you replied for me.  Jancek is awful.  His hiring was suspect from day one.  He was not a defensive coordinator, he was a quality control guy with an SEC team.  Same story with assistant HC and QB coach Letson.  I love Coach Bobo.  He's a good man and has great philosophies about teaching his players life's lessons.  I would love for him to coach CSU in perpetuity if only he could put together a staff that can win football games.  He can't.  He's toast.  I sincerely wish him the best at his next stop, but he really needs to find that stop pretty damn quick.  We've got too much invested in this FB program to put up with today's bullshit.  I'm Bobo's biggest defender, and I'm done.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, you replied for me.  Jancek is awful.  His hiring was suspect from day one.  He was not a defensive coordinator, he was a quality control guy with an SEC team.  Same story with assistant HC and QB coach Letson.  I love Coach Bobo.  He's a good man and has great philosophies about teaching his players life's lessons.  I would love for him to coach CSU in perpetuity if only he could put together a staff that can win football games.  He can't.  He's toast.  I sincerely wish him the best at his next stop, but he really needs to find that stop pretty damn quick.  We've got too much invested in this FB program to put up with today's bullshit.  I'm Bobo's biggest defender, and I'm done.

He was a DC at Tennessee, before his consultant job, and, though I don't know Tennessee's history very well, I do know a rabid Tennessee fan who said he rejoiced the day Jancek was fired in 2015. That says enough for me.

I'm still clinging to the Bobo train, but I'm really hurting my knees on the railroad ties. I think if he had a staff around him who had the same fire he does, he'd be a decent (not saying good or great) head coach and for CSU decent is good enough (we play in the MW not the SEC).

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Too bad you won't be enjoying bacon after missing out on buffalo meat.  Rocket fuel next weekend sounds tasty?

You really are an idiot, but keep going.

1 hour ago, AKram said:

This. Good-bye John Jancek.

Bobo's biggest problem is that he hired Jancek.  Before Jancek, he hired Marty English.  Before that he hired Tyson Summers who is definitely the better of the three but ditched him after one year.  I get that they all had to leave for legit reasons, but three DC's in five years ain't likely to get you very far.  Especially three bad DC's.

Bobo is gone, there's no way to avoid it.  I just really, really hope that his replacement isn't worse.  I do not trust Joe Parker to make this hire.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

You really are an idiot, but keep going.

You are the one who keeps replying to my quotes. :lol: 

On a serious note, still plenty of season to go.  College football looks very unpredictable.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bobo's biggest problem is that he hired Jancek.  Before Jancek, he hired Marty English.  Before that he hired Tyson Summers who is definitely the better of the three but ditched him after one year.  I get that they all had to leave for legit reasons, but three DC's in five years ain't likely to get you very far.  Especially three bad DC's.

Bobo is gone, there's no way to avoid it.  I just really, really hope that his replacement isn't worse.  I do not trust Joe Parker to make this hire.

I'm not trying to be a dick but glad you have come around...  Hopefully both will be gone in 9 weeks.

I haven't liked Bobo since the 2016 Potato bowl disaster, where apparently, no one on our FB team cared either.  Then we find out over the summer that Parker doesn't care and decides to anoint (extend) Bobo as the second coming when CSU beat SDSU in the rain with 500 people in attendance when SDSU had already clinched the division.  Shows how little our AD knows the game of FB.  CSU is being led by a guy who just makes excuses and that has killed the expectations for our program.  This stuff flows down hill and becomes part of the culture.  It's going to be tough to crawl out of this mess.  Parker has no business being CSU's AD and I hope Pres. McConnel cans him ASAP and Bobo at the end of the year.

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Medved is Joe Parker’s only hire and I liked it.  I’m not big on the contract extensions but Parker really had to in order to avoid a lame duck situation which would’ve killed recruiting (ie players like O’Brien and Dante Wright would never have come).  Based on the Niko Medved hire, Parker deserves a chance to hire the next football coach.

30 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Medved is Joe Parker’s only hire and I liked it.  I’m not big on the contract extensions but Parker really had to in order to avoid a lame duck situation which would’ve killed recruiting (ie players like O’Brien and Dante Wright would never have come).  Based on the Niko Medved hire, Parker deserves a chance to hire the next football coach.

Parker doesn't know football at all.  He's admitted it to some boosters I know.  He is not qualified to make the next hire.

His comments the other day on the BSN podcast would have been enough for me to show him to the exit if I were the CSU prez.

7 hours ago, RamSack said:

I will concede Medved, that was a solid hire.  Just not sure he's the guy for an all important FB HC hire.  I definitely wouldn't want to see it happen without the right committee in place.  Not boosters, but football people who know CSU.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, slappy said:

Try not to embarrass the conference

On 9/14/2019 at 1:35 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

You were saying?

Just you wait...it'll be tied late into the 3rd-Qtr until Chill#15 get's taken-out w/a cheep shot.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, Headbutt said:

Hill out for the game.  I'm guessing he's done for good.

POB looking like he can handle it though.

¿Anything new on CHill#15's prognosis?

On 9/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, Lobo Amor said:

Dang you guys miss tackles like the Lobos.

Did you see the un-tackle were we had one-Hog stopped by 5-Rams & the hillbilly scored a TD?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27615592

Just now, Lobo Amor said:

Yes it was a thing of ugliness. 

¡HORRIBLE!

I just noticed the link had already been posted, after I added it to my post.

¡DOWN RIGHT UGLY!