Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Democratic National Debate round 3-Game Thread

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

We honestly don't need China...it is a dysfunctional relationship.  We could do a lot better by having those factories in El Salvador.  Less shipping, better for our neighbors.

Lol.  El Salvador does not have even 4% of the manufacturing infrastructure.  We do need China.  We need India.  We need a global economy.  If you think Trump's tariffs have put a burden on Americans then Warrens would be catastrophic. 

The difference in intellectual level of this conversation and a Trump speech is staggering

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

They're going to get rid of the tarrifs but have leverage.... because we're going to take the lead to partner w/ China on human rights, labor standards and climate LOL? Like China gives a sh*t about any of that. Their policy on trade with China is to just bend over, spread their cheeks and take it up the ass like Obama did for 8 years.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I actually agree.  Let’s invest in those 3 countries instead of China and Southeast Asia.   I’d rather our wealth go to our neighbor which would benefit every. And it would stop illegal immigration. 

China invested in themselves to build manufacturing infrastructure.  Those three countries would need decades to catch up.  Further, even though China is considered a producer they are still a consumer on a level those countries can never, ever touch and we need a consumer as much as producers.  You think we can cut off the production power of China and SE Asia and those countries will pick up their consumer power?  Let alone like I said they do not have to manufacturing base and infrastructure to be the producer we need.

Pie in the sky Mug.  Does not mean they can not grow in both respects but thinking we can forfeit trade with SE Asia and China by investing there is laughable.  Especially where you have condemned tariffs for being a tax on the people.  

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

$2 trillion for HBCUs? :blink: 

I mean I don’t have a problem investing in them but 2 trillion is...uhhh what?

Lol at what point tonight made you think the price tag matters on any of this?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Only one question left... wow. A ton of candidates were almost completely shut out in the second half of this thing. I don't remember the last time that Klobuchar or Beto were allowed to speak.

Beto had has had 80 seconds since the break.  Laughable.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

China invested in themselves to build manufacturing infrastructure.  Those three countries would need decades to catch up.  Further, even though China is considered a producer they are still a consumer on a level those countries can never, ever touch and we need a consumer as much as producers.  You think we can cut off the production power of China and SE Asia and those countries will pick up their consumer power?  Let alone like I said they do not have to manufacturing base and infrastructure to be the producer we need.

Pie in the sky Mug.  Does not mean they can not grow in both respects but thinking we can forfeit trade with SE Asia and China by investing there is laughable.  Especially where you have condemned tariffs for being a tax on the people.  

You sound like a 90s Clinton Democrat.

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Beto had has had 80 seconds since the break.  Laughable.

Wow, that is pretty laughable. I know that he's had his arm raised to interject, but they kept going back to the same people. 

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You sound like a 90s Clinton Democrat.

What did I say that was not correct?

You can not on one hand condemn Trumps trade policy on the grounds it raised the price on commodities for US citizens and hurts sectors that rely on exporting their goods to China and SE Asia and on the other hand advocate for halting economic relations with countries that do not meet environmental and economic standards of the first world.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Winners, losers?  Your favorite moment?  Most concerning moments?

Its hard to point out a loser but Biden continues to show he's not a great debater anymore. Castro stood out (perhaps negatively) and Yang performed better than previous debates. Warren and Bernie just played to their bases. Kamala IMO did not do herself any favors but wasn't horrible either. Buttigieg had more of a voice.

Favorite moment was when Castro knifed Biden, obviously. 

Most concerning moment was essentially whenever Warren spoke. I honestly believe her policies are to the left of Bernie, and I really hope she wasn't serious about waging a trade war until China lives up to First World environmental standards.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.