Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Democratic National Debate round 3-Game Thread

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, that is just a lie.  Manufacturing in the US is greener then ever.  

True. But we’ve just exported our pollution to 3rd world countries to do a lot of our dirty manufacturing. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, retrofade said:

Bernie gets a Venezuela/Maduro question. HAHAHA

anticipation popcorn GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, that is just a lie.  Manufacturing in the US is greener then ever.  

We degraded our standards by moving everything out to the lowest common denominator country.  Companies went to where they could abuse labor and environmental standards and fired American workers.  That is what I mean by degrading our standards.  We degraded our standards on the products we buy in the labor and environmental standards that were used to manufacture them. 

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

True. But we’ve just exported our pollution to 3rd world countries to do a lot of our dirty manufacturing. 

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

We degraded our standards by moving everything out to the lowest common denominator country.  Companies went to where they could abuse labor and environmental standards and fired American workers.  That is what I mean by degrading our standards.  We degraded our standards on the products we buy in the labor and environmental standards that were used to manufacture them. 

@Akkula said it better. 

Booker destroying guaranteed health care  by critiquing the VA and how we treat our veterans. 

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Exactly, we degraded our standards when we decided to buy products made with slave labor and no environmental standards at the expense of American workers to give a tilted playing field to multinational corporations.

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

8 minutes ago, Akkula said:

All true,.  However That limits trade and manufacturing to here in the US, Europe, Australia, Japan and Korea.  Again, Trumps trade war on steroids.  How do we encourage Central and South America, Africa, and much of Asia to increase labor and environmental standards?  We forbid American companies to manufacture there and that increased prices on consumers far, farm more than tariffs.  Not doing trade with them at all?  Making tariffs proportional to improvement in those areas?

Harris trying to figure out how she can send people to jail over climate change. 

You'd better embrace nuclear if you want to eliminate carbon emissions from power production, Liz.

Shhhhhhh

Hmmmm.  I went to Los Angeles last December.  The sky was still pretty brown.  

WTF, Kamala... I was just in +++++ing LA, and the sky was brown.

Just now, mugtang said:

Hmmmm.  I went to Los Angeles last December.  The sky was still pretty brown.  

Lol