Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Authoritarianism - Trump & Vaping ban

This may get Gen Z to come out and vote en masse

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I understand heavily regulating the flavorings. IIRC they've found that diacetyl has been used as a flavoring in them. But... banning? Why? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

This is pretty dumb if the ban has anything to do with the recent rise in deaths as a result of vaping, since the deaths were only from secondary market THC vapes. 

The JUUL thing is a little iffy though because they're basically marketed to kids with all the flavors and they are way too strong. A few years ago the strongest nicotine vape was like 1% and now it's 5%+. It's a high enough dose that you're basically getting high off the nicotine. I've seen folks who smoke 2 packs a day that can't handle 1 hit off of a JUUL. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

38 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

This is how I  feel about fruity cocktails. 

How can you live in Florida and not like fruity cocktails?

Are you some kind of Communist?

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Do I like fruity cocktails?

Yes. Yes I do.

Ok,  I appreciate your transparency.  I on the other hand do not. Unless you include a lemon wedge with a shot of tequila as a fruity drink. 

The sugar content gets me all outta whack.

Next time youre up in lower Alabama territory,  please let me know.  Would enjoy buying you a drink at one of my local hangouts. 

16 hours ago, toonkee said:

Is vaping stuff like strawberry juice even enjoyable? Or is it just something to do? Like chew gum?  Teach me.

If you like a nicotine buzz?  Vaping is way easier to inhale than conventional cigarettes -  more like breathing tasty steam than smoking a cigarette.  But the long-term health consequences are still pretty unknown, these contain a shitload of nicotine as others have said, which is incredibly addictive.  

I'd still rather the US ban all conventional smoking tobacco due to the public health costs... 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I'd still rather the US ban all conventional smoking tobacco due to the public health costs... 

Sure. Right after fast food is banned owing to the massive obesity crisis plaguing the country.

22 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

This is pretty dumb if the ban has anything to do with the recent rise in deaths as a result of vaping, since the deaths were only from secondary market THC vapes. 

The JUUL thing is a little iffy though because they're basically marketed to kids with all the flavors and they are way too strong. A few years ago the strongest nicotine vape was like 1% and now it's 5%+. It's a high enough dose that you're basically getting high off the nicotine. I've seen folks who smoke 2 packs a day that can't handle 1 hit off of a JUUL. 

If I'm not mistaking you're supposed to hit it like cigar not cigs.

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

If I'm not mistaking you're supposed to hit it like cigar not cigs.

I think you're supposed to put a pinch between your cheek and gum

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Sure. Right after fast food is banned owing to the massive obesity crisis plaguing the country.

Artificial Trans Fats have been banned by the FDA.  Plus fast-food restaurants are now forced to show calorie content (which should help consumers make better choices).  

But obesity is much bigger societal problem than just fast-food. 

But 90% of lung cancer could be 'cured' with a cigarette ban.  Saving 140,000 lives per year.

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Artificial Trans Fats have been banned by the FDA.  Plus fast-food restaurants are now forced to show calorie content (which should help consumers make better choices).  

But 90% of lung cancer could be 'cured' with a cigarette ban.  Saving 140,000 lives per year.

Obesity kills 300,000 annually. We should either ban things that cause it outright or tax those things prohibitively to protect people from themselves.

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Cigarettes don't kill people... :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Obesity kills 300,000 annually. We should either ban things that cause it outright or tax those things prohibitively to protect people from themselves.

Fast Food doesn't kill people... :ph34r: