Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

iPhone 11

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Just called Batteries Plus, $70 installed for a Galaxy 7. Guy says they do a lot of them. Sure beat paying for a new phone.

The repair store near me will do it for $100. Definitely better than buying a new phone. Technology in phones now seem to be progressing a lot slower.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:18 AM, Stealthlobo said:

And its rediculous how expensive they're getting as well. My pixel is on its last leg (or at least the battery is, phone still runs great) but I think I'm going to upgrade to the 3a instead of the 4 due to price. And on top of that maybe get a Black Friday deal or something...

Truth. I shat a purple twinkie when I went into Verizon last year to buy my wife's new phone. It cost as much as a f*cking laptop. :blink:

That was my biggest "I remember back when X cost $Y!" moment to date as a middle-aged adult.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Truth. I shat a purple twinkie when I went into Verizon last year to buy my wife's new phone. It cost as much as a f*cking laptop. :blink:

That was my biggest "I remember back when X cost $Y!" moment to date as a middle-aged adult.

I mean aren't they basically a laptop that you carry in your pocket. I always find it interesting that we are willing to spend that money on a computer but shrink it down and put it in your pocket and use it much more than your computer and it becomes too expensive(and yes I do realize there is a difference in computing power but it functions the same for most people-browsing internet and social media, watching videos, listening to music)

I do the same thing so I am not criticizing your statement there just piggybacking off of it.

5 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I mean aren't they basically a laptop that you carry in your pocket. I always find it interesting that we are willing to spend that money on a computer but shrink it down and put it in your pocket and use it much more than your computer and it becomes too expensive(and yes I do realize there is a difference in computing power but it functions the same for most people-browsing internet and social media, watching videos, listening to music)

I do the same thing so I am not criticizing your statement there just piggybacking off of it.

Not if you plan on actually getting any work done. Try running meetings with development teams, conducting code (or any work product) reviews, etc. There's a reason engineers don't code on a phone, you know.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 hours ago, tspoke said:

If u want a computer for just social media, watching videos and listening to music, you can get one for around $500 or less, which is also much more reasonable for a phone. If ur spending over $1k on a computer it's gonna have a higher end graphics card, and processing power for gaming or video/graphics editing which a phone in the same price range definitely cannot do.