Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

North Carolina Special Election

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The polls were a complete tossup leading into tonight for NC09. Bishop's win doesn't necessarily come as a surprise for me, but it does make me sad... he was the sponsor of the +++++ing bathroom bill.

The district had voted R since the 60's and Trump won it by 12 points.  The fact it was this close tells you all you need to know about Bishop.  He is a clown.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The district had voted R since the 60's and Trump won it by 12 points.  The fact it was this close tells you all you need to know about Bishop.  He is a clown.

100% agreed.

My in-laws are in the district and voted against him because he's a joke. Unfortunately for them, that joke will now represent them in Congress.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

100% agreed.

My in-laws are in the district and voted against him because he's a joke. Unfortunately for them, that joke will now represent them in Congress.

How many registered voters in that district?  Seems like those turnout numbers are lower then I would have guessed at first glance.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How many registered voters in that district?  Seems like those turnout numbers are lower then I would have guessed at first glance.

I'd have to look it up... it doesn't look like turnout is was very good though. From what I've been able to glean, people were upset over what happened in the district in 2018, and either didn't bother to put forth an effort in voting this time because they thought it was pointless given the fraud last time around, or they showed up in droves because they wanted their candidate to win. My in-laws fell into the former category, and it took some effort on my part to get them to vote at all because they felt like it didn't matter. I'm sure they're going to throw that back in my face that it didn't matter the next time that I'm out there, but at least I got them to vote. 

40 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'd have to look it up... it doesn't look like turnout is was very good though. From what I've been able to glean, people were upset over what happened in the district in 2018, and either didn't bother to put forth an effort in voting this time because they thought it was pointless given the fraud last time around, or they showed up in droves because they wanted their candidate to win. My in-laws fell into the former category, and it took some effort on my part to get them to vote at all because they felt like it didn't matter. I'm sure they're going to throw that back in my face that it didn't matter the next time that I'm out there, but at least I got them to vote. 

Isn't the district going poof for the 2020 election anyway?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.