Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DestinFlPackfan

Bottom 25 - CBS Sports.com

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Ignoring for a minute that no one brought them up....Because they suck.  They beat a bad SJSU team and did NOT give MSU a good game - unless you consider 80 yards of total offense (and their one scoring drive was more than that) 'good'.

uh, they were in the article posted by the OP...that's really the only thing that caught my eye in the article. Tulsa isn't good, but they aren't one of the worst teams in the country either.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

39 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

uh, they were in the article posted by the OP...that's really the only thing that caught my eye in the article. Tulsa isn't good, but they aren't one of the worst teams in the country either.

Yeah this list is pretty bad. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

NOBODY wants UTEP and NMSU, except UNM.

Also, UNR was apparently #26 in this list, and SDSU was mentioned as well. Rams got out.

I've seen A LOT of folks advocate for UTEP --> MWC over the years. Almost always Front Rangers, but not limited to Lobo fans. 

NMSU on the other hand, I don't recall anyone wanting them.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Biggest Faller: Nevada, which will face UTEP in this week's Bottom 25 Game of the Century of the Week, fell 61 spots from No. 44 to No. 105 after losing to Oregon 77-6.

Most Fraudulent Undefeated Team: Congratulations, San Diego State. There are 44 2-0 teams in the country right now, and you rank dead last amongst them at No. 65 overall.

and yeah, don't worry, we'll have plenty of time here.

3aa3s0.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

41 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I've seen A LOT of folks advocate for UTEP --> MWC over the years. Almost always Front Rangers, but not limited to Lobo fans. 

NMSU on the other hand, I don't recall anyone wanting them.

Hey we don’t let facts get in the way of a good story around here.. :foottap:

On 9/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, SDSUfan said:

@godogsgo is right!!!

Fresno - top of the bottom 25

Boise - bottom of the top 25

down in a hole.jpg

On 9/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, UofMTigers said:

Then your eye is the issue, since they were listed under 'no longer ranked'.  So you were arguing a point not being made.

And you really need to read more thoroughly, since I dont think anybody (including the author) really thinks Miami is one of the 25 worst teams in the country.

Maybe we should rename the No. 25 spot The Miami Spot. Last week it was Miami Ohio and this week it's the Canes. Miami fans can at least take solace in the fact that every winless team is ranked this week, and it's at No. 25, behind eight teams with a win. That usually bodes well. (Last Week: Not Ranked)

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 9/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, 4UNLV said:

Hey we don’t let facts get in the way of a good story around here.. :foottap:

The discussions i saw regarding NMSU in older threads talked about strengthening the basketball side, obviously.  And who the MWC could add if teams were lost in a future realignment like the B12 losing Texas/Oklahoma.  I remember discussing it around the time of the 60 page Gonzaga thread.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, 4UNLV said:

NOBODY wants UTEP and NMSU, except UNM.

Also, UNR was apparently #26 in this list, and SDSU was mentioned as well. Rams got out.

Oh hell no do we want our little sisters from the south in the MW. I admit I wanted UTSA if we were going to expand. UTEP has history and the Sun bowl but that's about it. 

7 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

UTEP has history and the Sun bowl but that's about it. 

I don’t understand why people say UTEP has the Sun Bowl.

When was the last time the Miners or one of their Conference mates even played in that game?

Or do you just mean the stadium?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 9/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, 4UNLV said:

Biggest Faller: Nevada, which will face UTEP in this week's Bottom 25 Game of the Century of the Week, fell 61 spots from No. 44 to No. 105 after losing to Oregon 77-6.

Most Fraudulent Undefeated Team: Congratulations, San Diego State. There are 44 2-0 teams in the country right now, and you rank dead last amongst them at No. 65 overall.

and yeah, don't worry, we'll have plenty of time here.

This article is trash.  They couldn’t even take the time to look at our schedule and realize we don’t play UTEP this week.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 hours ago, GoCoAztec said:

And since we’re playing the #1 worst team in the country....

Here’s to being the most fraudulent 3-0 team!

Go Aztecs!

Aztec Reality is... WE WILL play down to their level Saturday.

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

This article is trash.  They couldn’t even take the time to look at our schedule and realize we don’t play UTEP this week.  

Are you sure you don't play UTEP?

Image result for if it is on the internet it must be true

down in a hole.jpg

On 9/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, boisewitha-s said:

Yeah this list is pretty bad. 

It is just a formula and with 2 or 1 games for each team it is pretty wonky.  After a few more games this ranking system gets more accurate. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

It is just a formula and with 2 or 1 games for each team it is pretty wonky.  After a few more games this ranking system gets more accurate. 

I just noticed your avatar photo from Circle Park, Jimbo.  Nice.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg

8 minutes ago, wyorev said:

I just noticed your avatar photo from Circle Park, Jimbo.  Nice.

Thanks, yeah 15-20 minutes from the house and no traffic like down in Colorado.  I have not been to Green River Lakes in ages.  Need to get the kiddos there in not too long.