Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Idaho at Wyoming

This should be a very winnable game for Wyoming, but definitely not a game the Pokes can just show up at and think they win.  They will need to execute.  I hope that Vigen doesn't go super conservative and just run, run, run run.  Chambers needs some game action to help get his passing game going.

@VandalPride97are you guys running two QBs now?  Are they the same style of QB or is one a runner and one a passer?

12 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

This should be a very winnable game for Wyoming, but definitely not a game the Pokes can just show up at and think they win.  They will need to execute.  I hope that Vigen doesn't go super conservative and just run, run, run run.  Chambers needs some game action to help get his passing game going.

@VandalPride97are you guys running two QBs now?  Are they the same style of QB or is one a runner and one a passer?

WRONG, this a game Wyoming will show up and WIN!  There is no "very winnable game" about it!  If we are hoping to beat Idaho, or even concerned about this game then UW shouldn't be FBS!  And if you really think Bohl doesn't run, and then run some more then you really haven't watched UW football the last 6 years.  I do see Chambers passing it as well but the run will be the focus and wearing the Vandals down.  Back up players will be playing in this one! 

9 minutes ago, flo4wyo said:

WRONG, this a game Wyoming will show up and WIN!  There is no "very winnable game" about it!  If we are hoping to beat Idaho, or even concerned about this game then UW shouldn't be FBS!  And if you really think Bohl doesn't run, and then run some more then you really haven't watched UW football the last 6 years.  I do see Chambers passing it as well but the run will be the focus and wearing the Vandals down.  Back up players will be playing in this one! 

If Idaho is the tuneup, doesn't it make sense to use them to get Chambers more comfortable passing...?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If Idaho is the tuneup, doesn't it make sense to use them to get Chambers more comfortable passing...?

@flo4wyoWyoming should win, but nothing is ever a given in college sports.  Happy saw what I was getting at.  Why continue to just pound the ball if the passing game is struggling.  Chambers needs passing reps, especially in games.  No better opponent than an FCS school to work on things you aren't executing well.  O know Wyoming can run, but to truly have a special season, Chambers will have to have success passing.

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

We are suck.  Coach's son is the shittiest QB ever and our backup looks like jabba the hutt.  Pregame congratulations to Wyoming for the win.

VP are they going to restructure Petrinos contract to make him get paid like a fcs coach?

Let’s be realistic.  Wyoming is going to be run heavy and is unlikely to throw more than 8-10 passes.  I am guessing Wyoming rushes for over 275 yards against Idaho.  Wyoming won’t blow out Idaho like Penn State but this won’t be much of a contest.  

And then after the game we can hear from the fire Vigen crowd repetitively despite Wyoming being 3-0 on the season and unbeaten in its last 7.  

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Let’s be realistic.  Wyoming is going to be run heavy and is unlikely to throw more than 8-10 passes.  I am guessing Wyoming rushes for over 275 yards against Idaho.  Wyoming won’t blow out Idaho like Penn State but this won’t be much of a contest.  

And then after the game we can hear from the fire Vigen crowd repetitively despite Wyoming being 3-0 on the season and unbeaten in its last 7.  

One dimensionality will only get us so far. It was a more creative approach to play calling that sprang our offense against Missouri. We still have some damn good teams ahead of us who know and anticipate Vigen's play calling. 

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

35 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

One dimensionality will only get us so far. It was a more creative approach to play calling that sprang our offense against Missouri. We still have some damn good teams ahead of us who know and anticipate Vigen's play calling. 

In Particular, Wyoming's conference road schedule with trips to San Diego, Boise, Logan and Colorado Springs.

It will be very difficult to win any of these conference road games with just the running game.  The Cowboys need the experience and confidence gained from in game reps with the passing game.  Hopefully, the Idaho game is where they can do just that.  If Wyoming cannot get the passing game going at home vs the Vandals it might not matter if the Cowboys begin this season 5-0 because they could easily finish it at or below .500.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Sure, fully agree.  But knowing Bohl's philosophy, we won't see any of that against Idaho.  It will be the vanilla of the vanilla this weekend.

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

Yeah would like to see Pokes open it up and regardless of score.  Their offense needs the work. 

I don't necessarily expect a blowout though, could be close at halftime.

Wyoming seems to play down to their competition so far in Bohl's tenure.  Not a lot of games where fans can rest easy knowing the game is won.  

19 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Idaho is still rebuilding to make a big sky run.   Don’t make me spit my coffee out again.