Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump fires John Bolton

15 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

You might be giving Bolton too much credit here.

I'd say that all things considered, Bolton and Mr. Grumpy are both about a 1 on a 10 scale. Same goes for Wilbur Ross and about half of Trump's appointees over the years.

Which begs this question. Just who in their right mind would actually serve in the fake president's cabinet anymore? Unless Gingrich or a clone thereof seeks the Republican nomination in 2024, holding such a position at this point could be political career suicide.

You can trash Trump all year long but I see a heck of a lot more results than I did with Obama foreign policies.  Obama's Iran deal was crap, he basically ignored NK, sat back when Syria crossed his "line in the sand", sat back and simply put sanctions on a few individuals in Russia when they took Crimea and the airline that was shot down.  He left Iraq to ISIS, a mess Trump cleaned up.  Obama didn't do squat diddly with trade.  But keep on pretending he did something for the US. 

Trumps way of doing things is not standard or normal but he demands results and is not afraid to change something if its not working the way he wants it.  I was never a big Bolton fan, but I don't think he's wrong on not trusting Russia, China, NK, the Taliban, etc.  Now as far as what you do about it all, thats a different narrative. 

18 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Impossible. That guy is the dumbest person I've ever run across online and in RL.

Story time!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, pokerider said:

You can trash Trump all year long but I see a heck of a lot more results than I did with Obama foreign policies.  Obama's Iran deal was crap, he basically ignored NK, sat back when Syria crossed his "line in the sand", sat back and simply put sanctions on a few individuals in Russia when they took Crimea and the airline that was shot down.  He left Iraq to ISIS, a mess Trump cleaned up.  Obama didn't do squat diddly with trade.  But keep on pretending he did something for the US. 

Trumps way of doing things is not standard or normal but he demands results and is not afraid to change something if its not working the way he wants it.  I was never a big Bolton fan, but I don't think he's wrong on not trusting Russia, China, NK, the Taliban, etc.  Now as far as what you do about it all, thats a different narrative. 

The fact Obama's foreign policy was lousy doesn't mean that Trump's hasn't been the same.

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, pokerider said:

So instead of a crap deal, they are free to continue enriching uranium with no deal.  NK has continued launching missiles,  laughing at us because our president was impressed with a couple of love letters.  Syria's president is doing just fine.  Russia... really?  Trump can't even bring himself to believe his own intelligence agencies, much less feign any interest in doing anything about their interference.  Other than that, spot on i guess?

4 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Or...... is that because it may become true?

I thought it was a joke?

Goddamn man make at least some effort at keeping your story straight or people will just start calling you Bruin 70

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, alum93 said:

So instead of a crap deal, they are free to continue enriching uranium with no deal.  NK has continued launching missiles,  laughing at us because our president was impressed with a couple of love letters.  Syria's president is doing just fine.  Russia... really?  Trump can't even bring himself to believe his own intelligence agencies, much less feign any interest in doing anything about their interference.  Other than that, spot on i guess?

but but but Obama told us Russia wasn't a threat anymore, remember?   oh, shucks.  

10 minutes ago, azgreg said:

I was an MP in the Army. There are a number really stupid people in the Army.

cue @East Coast Aztec and @Uncle Juan snarky comments in 3... 2... 1...

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

The situation with Iran is far worse. The situation with North Korea is worse. The "line in the sand" in Syria has now been lapped several times. Trump is f***ing up trade bigly. Oh,  and we've alienated our traditional allies. You keep on pretending the US (and the world) is better off with Nacho Duce.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

46 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I thought it was a joke?

Goddamn man make at least some effort at keeping your story straight or people will just start calling you Bruin 70

You guys are just asking to be messed with.  I find it entertaining that hatred can run so deep that you take a bullshit comment seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

You guys are just asking to be messed with.  I find it entertaining that hatred can run so deep that you take a bullshit comment seriously. 

I don't hate you. I just think you're really dumb.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The situation with Iran is far worse. The situation with North Korea is worse. The "line in the sand" in Syria has now been lapped several times. Trump is f***ing up trade bigly. You keep on pretending the US (and the world) is better off with Nacho Duce.

but but but the war in afghanistan would be easy to win, Iran would crumple under sanctions, and he could win a trade war with China in a few days.