bsu_alum9

Boise State Hoops Recruiting

On 4/28/2022 at 10:50 AM, jewelz4562000 said:

We also just got Chibuzo Agbo who sat the bench at Texas Tech but was a top 100 high school guy and 4 star.  Had offers from AZ, Marquette, USC before committing to Texas Tech

Soupslam suggested a nice backfill on the roster for Abu Kigab.   We can only hope but he's a longish wing who is real athletic and plays solid D.  His jumper can be real good but it's still a work in progress.   Super team guy by some accounts.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:54 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

He was the 4th-leading scorer for local BK Knights as a junior. Spent his senior year practicing at powerhouse Link Prep but did’t make their game-roster. 

Doubt he does more than redshirt and then the following year we'll see if he's even here.  NAIA is in his future unless he really developed practicing with 5 star kids in Louisiana for a year.   It's an easy way for his dad to get him back home and evaluate where his son is at and then find him the proper level to play at.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:55 AM, roughrider said:

Doubt he does more than redshirt and then the following year we'll see if he's even here.  NAIA is in his future unless he really developed practicing with 5 star kids in Louisiana for a year.   It's an easy way for his dad to get him back home and evaluate where his son is at and then find him the proper level to play at.

That was my thought as well. But then I remembered that time when Max Rice went 1-24 from the three point line to start the season and then got even more playing time during conference play.

• Sad 1

On 5/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

That was my thought as well. But then I remembered that time when Max Rice went 1-24 from the three point line to start the season and then got even more playing time during conference play.

I do think Leon screwed the pooch bringing his son back too soon after rehab for hip surgery.  He looked geriatric early on.  It was sad.  

That said,  Max had earned some of that trust the season before and Kuz had not stepped up.

And I think the real mistake may show up this season when we see RJ Keene.   He is and was a superior option to Max.   But the season worked out ok if not for another dump in the Dance so...

On 6/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, kingpotato said:

Boise tripping a blue chip this weekend. They'll lose a lot next year, so this kid would be a day one starter.

I don’t like our chances, but cool he’s visiting. Will be closer at Utah prep school next season.

Is this Rice’s FIBA u18 coaching paying off?