Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

Air Force @ Colorado

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Oooh I'm excited for this one. Buffs going down

You should be upset with your Army buddies since that performance made it easier for CU's coaches to get the message across this week to the CU players to not take this game easy.  If Mike MacIntyre was still the coach, this would almost definitely be a win for Air Force.  After the Nebraska game, CU's players definitely are bought into what Mel Tucker is trying to do especially the mental toughness part which will be a necessity for the Buffs this Saturday.

Regardless, this game is going to be close.

2 hours ago, Pokez said:

Yep that's just the 22-67-2 and 5 in a row talking right there.

If CU wins in Ft. Collins next year with a new QB, OL, and starting WRs, there's going to have to be a big welfare check in Ft. Collins for the well-being of CSU fans.

Thanks @ltcpilot for stopping by AllBuffs to share stories of the past AFA-CU matchups since I'd say 95% of Buff fans were born after the Vietnam war and I believe most of them would have been disgusted with the behavior of those CU students & fans back then.  I'm hoping for no problems this Saturday.  If not, I will be one of many CU fans sending an angry email to the CU AD.

I went to one Navy-Air Force game back in 1998 and had a blast.  I'd go to another AFA game for sure.

Only concern I have for CU is can CU defend the option plays on the outside?  CSU and Nebraska had big plays on the outside so that's still a concern.  If CU can slow the triple option on the edge, it could be a long day for the Falcons.

Also when was the last time AFA faced a player of Shenault Jr's stature?

38 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Only concern I have for CU is can CU defend the option plays on the outside?  CSU and Nebraska had big plays on the outside so that's still a concern.  If CU can slow the triple option on the edge, it could be a long day for the Falcons.

AFA will pull away for good early 3rd quarter.

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

AFA will pull away for good early 3rd quarter.

Said a fan of a team that has lost six of its last seven against the Buffs.  What's Bobo's record against AFA again?

This game is interesting to me as a CU fan because the last time CU faced a team known for the triple option was a John Blake coached Oklahoma team in 1998 where the Buffs edged the Sooners 27-25 in Norman.  I'm aware that AFA is mostly multi-offense these days which adds to the headache of preparing for them.  Fortunately for the Buffs, CU's DC Tyson Summers was the CSU defensive coordinator before taking the Georgia Southern head coaching job (turned out to be a disaster) so there's some familiarity with AFA there.

13 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Said a fan of a team that has lost six of its last seven against the Buffs.  What's Bobo's record against AFA again?

Bobo is 1-3 against AFA.  He won 38-23 his first year at CSU with Tyson Summers as his DC.

15 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

How the hell is that relevant?

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Bobo is 1-3 against AFA.  He won 38-23 his first year at CSU with Tyson Summers as his DC.

I like that about CU's current DC.  It appears that Mel Tucker is having the CU DL rotate more players than MacIntyre did which was a big help in the second half against Nebraska.  I still expect AFA to try to test CU's D on the edges.  It helps that we faced Nebraska's Martinez recently so CU can simply have a LB spy the QB and then rush him.

I'm going to be curious about Shenault Jr against that AFA defense...he has been held under check the first two games and he's probably ticked off that he fumbled that kickoff return.  He might just go off on AFA...he's due for a big game.  It'll be interesting to see how far back AFA's secondary steps back which should open up the CU running game.

I expect a close game but I wouldn't be surprised if CU wins big since the overall talent differential is greater between AFA-CU than CSU-CU plus I'm not sure if having a bye week really was of benefit to AFA versus playing last week since there is only so much you can improve in practice.

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

How the hell is that relevant?

Maybe it's time for CSU fans to be quiet until they get a coach that can win against AFA, CU, and UW.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:51 PM, Jalapeno said:

Josh Allen. :banana:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I like that about CU's current DC.  It appears that Mel Tucker is having the CU DL rotate more players than MacIntyre did which was a big help in the second half against Nebraska.  I still expect AFA to try to test CU's D on the edges.  It helps that we faced Nebraska's Martinez recently so CU can simply have a LB spy the QB and then rush him.

I'm going to be curious about Shenault Jr against that AFA defense...he has been held under check the first two games and he's probably ticked off that he fumbled that kickoff return.  He might just go off on AFA...he's due for a big game.  It'll be interesting to see how far back AFA's secondary steps back which should open up the CU running game.

I expect a close game but I wouldn't be surprised if CU wins big since the overall talent differential is greater between AFA-CU than CSU-CU plus I'm not sure if having a bye week really was of benefit to AFA versus playing last week since there is only so much you can improve in practice.

Maybe it's time for CSU fans to be quiet until they get a coach that can win against AFA, CU, and UW.

Maybe it's time for Air Force AND CSEw fans to be quiet...😏

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

22 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

What does that have to do with this game?

Ok, I say AFA pulls away in the third quarter.  Remember you can't ague because my program is much better than yours!!

What a moroon.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Maybe it's time for Air Force AND CSEw fans to be quiet...😏

Dude, except for my one general post no other Air Force fans have posted here (much less negativly or boasting) so your comment makes no sense.

..GO FALCONS..

30 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Dude, except for my one general post no other Air Force fans have posted here (much less negativly or boasting) so your comment makes no sense.

Shhhhhh.  We're supposed to be quiet.

Kick the buff's ass AFA.  I hope I'm right, I think they're in for a surprise.

I'm slowly getting away from the euphoria of beating Nebraska and getting focused on this game but I should be locked and ready by Thursday or Friday.  I was thinking CU would wear their traditional G-B-G uniforms one more time this season against AFA but I guess not.  Steven Montez might be looking forward to throwing some bombs this Saturday.