Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

Air Force @ Colorado

My look at the game and 20+ news links.  GO FALCONS

More at www.ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com

After an opening win over Colgate and a bye week to watch the CU win over Nebraska, our Air Force Falcons will travel up I-25 to Boulder to face the CU Buffs for the first time since 1973. A lot of history behind the 'why' the game has been so long in the make (see David Ramsey's Gazette article below) and it is definitely time for the rivalry to resume. ….click link for more

..GO FALCONS..

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

My look at the game and 20+ news links.  GO FALCONS

More at www.ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com

After an opening win over Colgate and a bye week to watch the CU win over Nebraska, our Air Force Falcons will travel up I-25 to Boulder to face the CU Buffs for the first time since 1973. A lot of history behind the 'why' the game has been so long in the make (see David Ramsey's Gazette article below) and it is definitely time for the rivalry to resume. ….click link for more

Nice blog.  It definitely wasn't just a bunch of rah-rah trying to justify over the top confidence.  Broke it down pretty well.  I've got the dirty chop-blockers by 4.  :D  I'm sticking with that.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, Wyovanian said:

Josh Allen. :banana:

Josh Allen's stats.

image.png.2fd1caaad26241eea0f92fe2eca3e716.png

Steven Montez's stats.

image.png.58eaff77e1d44da304b4053d6adbb7ec.png

Similar stats there.  Josh Allen faced a few P5 schools while Montez has already played 30 P5 schools especially in an ultra competitive conference in the Pac-12 (more competitive than when CU was in the Big 12).  Montez is also a perfect 5-0 against CU's rivals CSU & Nebraska and this AFA game is supposed to be a rivalry game.  He has made big time throws in those games.  If you gave Josh Allen CU's WRs, the numbers probably would have been better.

And there are a couple of good WRs besides Shenault Jr plus several TEs who can block and catch the ball.  It'd be surprising if Montez doesn't have his best season this year.

I don't think MWC fans realize how much of a talent gap there is between AFA and CU but those AFA players will be fighting every second.  CU has been rotating eight DL players per game this season and that is why CU was able to wear down both CSU & Nebraska in the second half.  That is not what former HC Mike MacIntyre did and that would explain why CU was 0-10 in bowl clinching games the last several seasons.

And both teams are coming off consecutive 5-7 seasons...something is going to give in this game.  I still think CU wins this one and Athlon Sports agrees with that giving CU a 27-20 win which seems about right.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/air-force-falcons-vs-colorado-buffaloes-prediction-picks-2019

4 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I don't think MWC fans realize how much of a talent gap there is between AFA and CU but those AFA players will be fighting every second.....

Good comments across the board and we know you have excellent athletes. But I do believe we will not underestimate you or your players however I believe you and most fan OIC  do underestimate the caliber of players Air Force now has on this roster. Interesting game this Saturday.  GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Josh Allen's stats.

image.png.2fd1caaad26241eea0f92fe2eca3e716.png

Steven Montez's stats.

image.png.58eaff77e1d44da304b4053d6adbb7ec.png

Similar stats there.  Josh Allen faced a few P5 schools while Montez has already played 30 P5 schools especially in an ultra competitive conference in the Pac-12 (more competitive than when CU was in the Big 12).  Montez is also a perfect 5-0 against CU's rivals CSU & Nebraska and this AFA game is supposed to be a rivalry game.  He has made big time throws in those games.  If you gave Josh Allen CU's WRs, the numbers probably would have been better.

And there are a couple of good WRs besides Shenault Jr plus several TEs who can block and catch the ball.  It'd be surprising if Montez doesn't have his best season this year.

I don't think MWC fans realize how much of a talent gap there is between AFA and CU but those AFA players will be fighting every second.  CU has been rotating eight DL players per game this season and that is why CU was able to wear down both CSU & Nebraska in the second half.  That is not what former HC Mike MacIntyre did and that would explain why CU was 0-10 in bowl clinching games the last several seasons.

And both teams are coming off consecutive 5-7 seasons...something is going to give in this game.  I still think CU wins this one and Athlon Sports agrees with that giving CU a 27-20 win which seems about right.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/air-force-falcons-vs-colorado-buffaloes-prediction-picks-2019

When Shenault's a top 10 NFL draft pick and starter, get back to us.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

4 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Good comments across the board and we know you have excellent athletes. But I do believe we will not underestimate you or your players however I believe you and most fan OIC  do underestimate the caliber of players Air Force now has on this roster. Interesting game this Saturday.  GO FALCONS 

CU has been practicing for this game since summer camp and Mel Tucker said that CU spent an extra $7,000.00 on knee braces as well.  Given how well prepared CU coaches have been this season, CU will be ready for this one.  CU's players probably heard about the Army-Michigan game so they are probably little more dialed in than they would have been for this one.

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

When Shenault's a top 10 NFL draft pick and starter, get back to us.

He's getting double and even triple teamed.  KD Nixon has taken advantage and was the one that caught that 96 yard flea flicker.

Nixon had one 13 catch 2 TD 198 yard receiving game while Shenault was out with an injury.  He's capable of carrying the load when Shenault is getting that much coverage.

There's a reason why CU's receiving corps was one of the highest ranked groups in preseason magazines.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

CU has been practicing for this game since summer camp and Mel Tucker said that CU spent an extra $7,000.00 on knee braces as well.  Given how well prepared CU coaches have been this season, CU will be ready for this one.  CU's players probably heard about the Army-Michigan game so they are probably little more dialed in than they would have been for this one.

Good.  So we won’t get any excuses after you get your asses kicked.

13 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

He's getting double and even triple teamed.  KD Nixon has taken advantage and was the one that caught that 96 yard flea flicker.

Nixon had one 13 catch 2 TD 198 yard receiving game while Shenault was out with an injury.  He's capable of carrying the load when Shenault is getting that much coverage.

There's a reason why CU's receiving corps was one of the highest ranked groups in preseason magazines.

That's great, but as of now, his "stature" relative to Allen is unknown and unproven.

That being said, if he IS comparable, the fact is, Josh Allen had Air Force's number...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

For those that don’t know first-hand, our resident buff fan is not really normal. While he is annoying, he is not the typical entitled douche you encounter in Boulder. They’re (particularly the students) an incorrigible bunch. Pulling hard for the Falcons tomorrow! Here’s to AFA owning the state tomorrow and to UW owning it the balance of the year!

44 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

That's great, but as of now, his "stature" relative to Allen is unknown and unproven.

That being said, if he IS comparable, the fact is, Josh Allen had Air Force's number...

Montez’ accuracy is better than Allen but he doesn’t throw as hard and he isn’t as physical as St Josh.  And there is absolutely no doubt that Montez has had superior receivers.  Shenault is a specimen but he’s more an athlete than a route runner.

1 hour ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

For those that don’t know first-hand, our resident buff fan is not really normal. While he is annoying, he is not the typical entitled douche you encounter in Boulder. They’re (particularly the students) an incorrigible bunch. Pulling hard for the Falcons tomorrow! Here’s to AFA owning the state tomorrow and to UW owning it the balance of the year!

Thanks.  Only time I step foot in Boulder is if I have a ticket to a CU athletic contest.

I have enjoyed CU's OOC schedule a lot this year and if there was one more OOC, I'd have loved it to be against Wyoming so we could settle this Front Range thingy in the same year.

Pumped for this game.  If CU wins this one, that will be quite the bragging rights up and down the Front Range given that CU beat AFA, CSU, and Nebraska (lots of Corn fans live in the Front Range too).  Wish there was room for Wyoming this season but both schools will meet in a MBB tournament this year.  It's going to be a long time before CU has an OOC schedule like that again.

Times like this does make me wish CU was in the MWC.