Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelSaint702

Funny text about Reno

I live in Oregon now, have lived here for about 3 years.

Its pretty funny how many people think UNR is UNLV they just assume when they see the word Nevada that the school is from Vegas. 

I received a text tonight from a friend who was at the Duck game (as they were destroying UNR).  They know I am from Vegas and a big UNLV fan.

The text read:

"Is this really your team?  They are horrible!!!"

I replied

"Nope, thats UNR, from Reno... yup they suck"

His reply

"Well...it is Reno"

ROFL, made my night.

Ok?

Don’t lose to Arkansas State. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, RebelSaint702 said:

Its pretty funny how many people think UNR is UNLV they just assume when they see the word Nevada that the school is from Vegas. 

I received a text tonight from a friend who was at the Duck game (as they were destroying UNR).  They know I am from Vegas and a big UNLV fan.

The text read:

I replied

His reply

"Well...it is Reno"

ROFL, made my night.

Sounds like your friend is as smart as you are. 

1 minute ago, RebelSaint702 said:

Oh, I dont think we are any better.  This game right now is painful to watch

It was just one of those things...  a lot of casual football fans just assume when they see Nevada that its a Vegas team.

Those same people think Reno is next door to Vegas so :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Those same people think Reno is next door to Vegas so :shrug:

Truth be told. Living here in Florida it's the same. The only ones who know the distance between the two are the ones who've been to Tahoe.

3 minutes ago, RebelSaint702 said:

Making it personal? Really... lol ok

Personal?  Hell yes ,you took a jab at the University of Nevada..you said your friend knows you live in Vegas and went to UNLV. How the hell does he not understand what you already said he knew?

And you went to UNLV...nuff said.

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Many times while walking the Magnificent Mile in Chicago with my Boise State attire I have been asked...”Did Baby Jesus really go to school there?”

I responded, yes!  50-3 record, those three losses were his Father teaching him humility.  

Why have those teachings fallen on your deaf ears? Are you so smitten with the 50 wins  ( which is a sign of gluttony. ..deadly sin) that you have failed to see the true humility of embracing ones faults (3 losses) and giving your trust to a power other than yours for enlightenment and saviour? 

19 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Why have those teachings fallen on your deaf ears? Are you so smitten with the 50 wins  ( which is a sign of gluttony. ..deadly sin) that you have failed to see the true humility of embracing ones faults (3 losses) and giving your trust to a power other than yours for enlightenment and saviour? 

Those are questions that should be directed to and only can be answered by Baby Jesus. 

You should reach out, he’s in Dallas spreading the offense gospel.   

1 hour ago, RebelSaint702 said:

Oh, I dont think we are any better.  This game right now is painful to watch

It was just one of those things...  a lot of casual football fans just assume when they see Nevada that its a Vegas team.

Also unr basketball recruits.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Also unr basketball recruits.

I honestly doubt the average person knows where most universities located, its really not a huge deal...

The average person probably has no idea that U of O is Eugene or OSU is in Corvallis.

Just now, bigd said:

I honestly doubt the average person knows where most universities located, its really not a huge deal...

The average person probably has no idea that U of O is Eugene or OSU is in Corvallis.

If only that were the issue. The problem here is that nobody knows who unr even is. They only know unlv.

Just now, toonkee said:

If only that were the issue. The problem here is that nobody knows who unr even is. They only know unlv.

Obviously your friend didn't know UNLV, or he wouldn't have asked the question...

1 hour ago, RebelSaint702 said:

The text read:

I replied

His reply

"Well...it is Reno"

ROFL, made my night.

"Is this really your team?  They are horrible!!!"    No!!  My team sucks 10x worst every year is what your answer should have been.

3 minutes ago, RebelSaint702 said:

Based on tonight.... i agree... Sanchez needs to go.

Based on tonight, or the past 40 years? Or however long NSU has existed...