Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Nevada @ Oregon

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

just saw the score on this one - whoa! 

Just one of those games where everything went wrong against a superior team.  Watch the tape, burn it and move on.  All we learned is Nevada isn’t a top 10 team this year and can’t compete with the elites of college football. :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Strong kind of lost his concentration and he turned the ball over and it went downhill fast. -- very fast ---In a 5 minute span.

If they could have punched in the Duck muffed punt early it would have been awesome and confidence  building.

The Ducks  are better.

They have athletic budget 5 or 6 times more.

Still think the Pack can be 5-1 going into their MWC hard section to Logan Laramie, SUDS, and Fresno St.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Strong kind of lost his concentration and he turned the ball over and it went downhill fast. -- very fast ---In a 5 minute span.

If they could have punched in the Duck muffed punt early it would have been awesome and confidence  building.

The Ducks  are better.

They have athletic budget 5 or 6 times more.

Still think the Pack can be 5-1 going into their MWC hard section to Logan Laramie, SUDS, and Fresno St.

Exactly, just have to look past it. We have 4 extremely winnable games coming up, and a chance for our young team to build confidence.

Nevada has 5 key games to become bowl eligible 

Weber

@UTEP

SJSU

UNM

UNLV

I think they pick up 1 of these tough conference road games of but drop one of those 5 easier games above

@USU

@Wyoming,

@SDSU and

@Fresno

Which leaves Hawaii at home as potentially the key game of the season.  Not sure how confident I would be at this point.  I also disagree you learned nothing from the Oregon game.  They are somewhere between the Purdue game where it took +5 TO and some lucky bounces and the Oregon game where nothing went right and every questionable call went the ducks way.  Play each game 10 times and Nevada likely beats Purdue 1-2 times but keeps it within 30 of Oregon most games as well.

14 hours ago, bigd said:

The announcers said he didn't make the trip because of strep throat.

I hope that's the case, I'm not trying to throw him under the bus,  I know little about him other than he is suppose to be talented but he had a few past problems. Hopefully Strong's shoulder is just a bruise, that was a hard shot he took in the first quarter.