Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Question For You Liberals Like Orange

When a Muslim terrorist nut guns down a bunch of people, the left is always so quick to point out that the vast majority of Muslims are good people that can be trusted and won’t commit violence using guns or whatever. The terrorist is just an uncommon occurrence with these people.

When an American domestic terrorist nut guns down a bunch of people, the left is quick to point out that the American people just can’t be trusted to have so many guns out there and they must be turned in and banned and for us to be safe. 

So my question is, why do you have so much faith/trust in the vast majority of Muslims that they won’t commit gun or any other violence, but you don’t offer that same respect to American gun owners?

kat.jpg

I'm not crazy liberal but just a quick look at your question I notice a slight problem. You are comparing a religion (where many of them are Americans) to Americans (many different religions including Muslim). It feels you were purposely trying to say Muslims can't truly be American.

The only value to this post is that it gives opportunity to point out that the answer to overusing the use of the word 'terrorism' to every act of violence from a muslim or Arab is not to extend its overuse but to restrict it.

That's all.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

When a Muslim terrorist nut guns down a bunch of people, the left is always so quick to point out that the vast majority of Muslims are good people that can be trusted and won’t commit violence using guns or whatever. The terrorist is just an uncommon occurrence with these people.

When an American domestic terrorist nut guns down a bunch of people, the left is quick to point out that the American people just can’t be trusted to have so many guns out there and they must be turned in and banned and for us to be safe. 

So my question is, why do you have so much faith/trust in the vast majority of Muslims that they won’t commit gun or any other violence, but you don’t offer that same respect to American gun owners?

It's more about opportunity than trust. But I feel the same about any human regardless of race.

7 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

It’s shocking to me that Convert couldn’t formulate a question comparing apples to apples. 

Pretty sure he got it from a meme on my uncle's Facebook.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Pretty sure he got it from a meme on my uncle's Facebook.

I’m happy to report that I don’t have any uncles (or aunts, and no close relatives at all) who think like that. This makes family gatherings so much more agreeable. There are some conservatives in the mix, but all of them are thoughtful, articulate and able to parse meaningful information from inflammatory nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

I’m happy to report that I don’t have any uncles (or aunts, and no close relatives at all) who think like that. This makes family gatherings so much more agreeable. There are some conservatives in the mix, but all of them are thoughtful, articulate and able to parse meaningful information from inflammatory nonsense. 

Is this why I’m never invited to the family bbqs?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

How about the majority of Americans, which include Muslims, are good people AND we should have reasonable gun laws to minimize gun deaths and mass shootings like other first world countries do?  Or do i have to try and find a way to use the words liberals and terrorists in my answer.   

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

How about the majority of Americans, which include Muslims, are good people AND we should have reasonable gun laws to minimize gun deaths and mass shootings like other first world countries do?  Or do i have to try and find a way to use the words liberals and terrorists in my answer.   

:feedtroll:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I can barely make heads or tails of this +++++ing dumbassery.

What's your gripe again?  

36 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Christ I envy you.  My own parents traffic in this retardism.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Is this why I’m never invited to the family bbqs?

You aren’t invited to the family bbqs anymore because to you, “pot luck” means you bring an amount of food suitable to your new svelte lifestyle, so three shareable sips of water and a seven piece macaroni salad. I’m starving just writing that. 

1 minute ago, Posturedoc said:

You aren’t invited to the family bbqs anymore because to you, “pot luck” means you bring an amount of food suitable to your new svelte lifestyle, so three shareable sips of water and a seven piece macaroni salad. I’m starving just writing that. 

Whoa now.  I ate like 3 ribs at the rib cook off.