Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

We don’t deserve Rocky Long

These are the kind of P5 matchups to be playing. In week 1, If Boise had Clemson, Fresno had Alabama, Nevada had Notre Dame, Wyoming had Texas, we would’ve been 0-7 with P5’s with everyone being bummed out. We came really close to having 6 P5 wins in a weekend. 7 if CSU pulled their head out of a Buff butt. Most schools need a cash game, and hopefully they are semi winnable. We don’t have a chance at Oregon, but we should go 3-1 in OOC.

The MWC bottomed out a couple years ago when Fresno was shit, a lot of schools were shit. We were shit with Po-Po getting the boot, Hawaii was, UNM was, UNLV, SJSU the list goes on with CSU and Wyoming and AF hadn’t been killing it. With the conf improving so much, if Polian were still around, he would’ve been massively exposed and we’d probably have gone 2-10 or 3-9 this year.

Teams looking up:

Hawaii, Nevada, Wyoming, Boise, Fresno, SDSU, USU

Teams That Have Potential To Step Up:

CSU, AF and SJSU. SJSU will upset a team or two in conference.

Teams Still Struggling

UNM and UNLV

And Instead of losing a strong USU by having to go with a new coach and build it his way, they got the coach that originally brought them out of hell. 

We could end up with 7 or 8 bowl eligible teams this year. 

kat.jpg

I’d like to feed Rocky a couple of beers, then a couple of shots, let it all soak in... then see if that loosens his tongue up about what went down between he and Former UNM AD, Paul Krebs... and then get his thoughts now, about Krebs recent indictment for fraud... I bet that would be pour gold right there!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Would love to sit at a bar with Pat Hill, Tedford, and Rocky Long after a couple of drinks.  

Back when I was a student at Fresno State, Pat Hill walked in with the team (2007) for breakfast at the student dining hall. My friend and I were the only ones in there before our 7am class. While the team got food he walked over, said hi and sat with us while munching on his bagel and drinking coffee. He asked us what our majors were, how we were doing, and how our families were doing. He talked to us with a personality like we were best friends. I was stressed for midterms and idk what it was but just having that simple 10 minute conversation with him helped me feel better that day. I'll never forget it. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Would love to sit at a bar with Pat Hill, Tedford, and Rocky Long after a couple of drinks.  

Only if Mike Leach is pouring the drinks.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Throw Mike Leach in there and you wouldn't even have to wait for the drinking.

Shit .. you beat me to it.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 hours ago, fanhood said:

And Aztec fans want to fire him.

Course, "The Sky is Falling Clueless" on AztecMessA. 

APE.