Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Should FBS Schools Be Allowed To Play the Same School Twice During Regular Season Play?

NMSU and Liberty play twice this year in the regular season as Indy schools. Does anyone have a problem with this scheduling? I don’t see a problem with it for independents, although I’m sure some people think that if you’re going to be in FBS, you have to be able to at least put together a schedule with 12 different schools.

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

NMSU and Liberty play twice this year in the regular season as Indy schools. Does anyone have a problem with this scheduling? I don’t see a problem with it for independents, although I’m sure some people think that if you’re going to be in FBS, you have to be able to at least put together a schedule with 12 different schools.

I don’t care strongly, but I wouldn’t want to see my team have to play another twice in one year.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s not the first time it’s happened.  I don’t really care though.  Doesn’t affect me. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's routine in other sports like basketball and baseball, so it's not truly unheard of. It's only unusual in football because of the limited number of games in a season. This scheduling is probably out of necessity more than anything else, as I imagine it must be difficult for the Indy schools to fill a 12 game schedule. Fortunately (or not), they'll both be able to schedule UConn in the near future.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

The few remaining independents can find games early on in the season when most schools are playing OOC.

But once conference play starts, those possibilities dry up for them.

I personally think it looks small time, but what do I care?

Having to play Liberty twice is its own punishment...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

affect

careful, he may effect your departure from this board

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Wyobraska said:

What brought this topic up?  I think it sucks more for the fan base than anything; however, if it keeps schools like NMSU FBS, then I doubt their fanbase cares too much.  

Whatever it takes.

35 minutes ago, toonkee said:

affect

I’m an accountant not an English professor :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

If it needs to be done in order to fill out a schedule, no problem.

I'd rather see a school double up on FBS opponents before adding more than 1 FCS team to the schedule. I think it should be a rule that if you belong to an FBS conference, you can't play more than 1 FCS game per year.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That would have an overall negative affect on the board.

I agree.  You’d have to do something pretty bad and really piss me off for me to ban you.