Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Mass shooting reported in Odessa, TX: At least 30 injured, two suspects in vehicles firing randomly

1 minute ago, Orange said:

If I feel like it.

Either way, enjoy explaining to the Pac-12 board why you banned me there for something I did here.

Why do you feel it necessary to act like such a raging shitlord all the time?

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Your assumption is the bad guys won’t have guns. They still will. 

So when someone breaks into your house and threatens you and your family, you say wait, let me go down to the militia gun depot and retrieve my shot gun. 

Or, when a mass shooter guns down 20-30 people you hope the militia gets there before the police? 

Or, when you want to go hunting, you check your hunting rifle out at the militia gun depot? 

This is pretty much my point.   I didn’t say all guns and I left it open for discussion on types of guns and Ammo.   But the no change crowd goes off on items I didn’t say.  Once again proving they aren’t open to ideas only in status quo.

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Holy crap.  5 pages of Orange... why don’t you all just put him on ignore?????

He won’t be posting here anymore so we don’t need to worry about it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He didn't really leave you with much of a choice. What a shitheel.

I gave him plenty of opportunities and quite a bit of leeway.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He didn't really leave you with much of a choice. What a shitheel.

The thing is, we wanted to keep him around because he emboldened other left wing posters to speak their voice.  If he had gotten a warning point for every time he broke board rules he would have been banned a long time ago.

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

This is pretty much my point.   I didn’t say all guns and I left it open for discussion on types of guns and Ammo.   But the no change crowd goes off on items I didn’t say.  Once again proving they aren’t open to ideas only in status quo.

If a state wanted to test your idea I would be fine with it.  As long as they could own their firearms and keep them in their residence and their was no confiscation of private property.  I actually think it may have merit if that were the case.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I gave him plenty of opportunities and quite a bit of leeway.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The thing is, we wanted to keep him around because he emboldened other left wing posters to speak their voice.  If he had gotten a warning point for every time he broke board rules he would have been banned a long time ago.

Agreed on both counts. I liked having him around for those reasons, and because he would occasionally be able to have a legitimate debate on topics. But there does come a time when it looks like enough just has to be enough unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Agreed on both counts. I liked having him around for those reasons, and because he would occasionally be able to have a legitimate debate on topics. But there does come a time when it looks like enough just has to be enough unfortunately. 

i feel like we just witness mwcboard history

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I think I am going to take a more prominent stance on some key liberal issues like climate change and the crises on the border.

Just now, retrofade said:

Orange being banned?

not just the ban hammer but the meltdown that preceded it

it had all the trappings of crazy and triggered

1. accusing others of being super pissed while being demonstrably angry

2. not letting anything at all go or slide, all challenges, no matter how little and throwaway, must be escalated and responded to.

3. accusing anyone in any authority position whatsoever of misconduct and shifting the blame to them

4. repeated @ mention of other posters who aren't involved

Just now, AndroidAggie said:

2. not letting anything at all go or slide, all challenges, no matter how little and throwaway, must be escalated and responded to.

3. accusing anyone in any authority position whatsoever of misconduct and shifting the blame to them

It was pretty Trumpian in nature, all things considered. 

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

I’m waiting for the blow up on the pac12board.