Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

Freshman QBs

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not trying to sound cocky but Fresno is the only team I see being able to compete with us simply because of talent in the trenches.  Florida State got beat by us, due to our big ugly guys

You do remind me of a little rooster strutting around   

But   

You need to watch more football.  There was a lot of quality line play in week 1 from a few different teams.   This will be a physical year that will be decided on the line.  Yes the young qb’s played well, but it is a long season and it will come down to the run game.

29 minutes ago, slappy said:

But   

You need to watch more football.  There was a lot of quality line play in week 1 from a few different teams.   This will be a physical year that will be decided on the line.  Yes the young qb’s played well, but it is a long season and it will come down to the run game.

Speaking of which, that was the best run game Boise State has displayed in many years. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

But   

We will see how long Wyoming can hold up with their 180 lb defensive ends and 210 lb tackles.

20 hours ago, bigd said:

Is the story of the week for the MW. Both Boise and Nevada games followed a similar path with freshman QBs struggling in the first half, and coming alive in the 2nd half. Such an awesome win for Boise, I'm pumped! To win that game in Tallahassee in brutal weather and a change of schedule shows incredible poise. 

Just based on the first half of the first week, this looks like this might be the deepest the conference has been in awhile, and the future looks great!

Hopefully Fresno and Wyoming can keep the momentum going. 

EDIT: Its also eerie how they were both 30/51 in their first start.

I'm not sure what you meant by Hank struggling in the first half. He led 5 scoring drives and the offense had 333 yards at halftime. He even had a TD pass called back because his receiver inexplicably stepped out of bounds. That's very, very good. Who wouldn't take that? 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I'm not sure what you meant by Hank struggling in the first half. He led 5 scoring drives and the offense had 333 yards at halftime. He even had a TD pass called back because his receiver inexplicably stepped out of bounds. That's very, very good. Who wouldn't take that? 

Struggling probably isn't an accurate word for Bachmeier in the first half because they did move the ball and put up 19 points, but it was "struggling" compared to his second half:

First half: 14-29, 192 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks

Second half: 16-22, 215 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack

The one thing from Friday that terrifies me: was the Purdue d-line that good, or was our o-line that bad?  When a 3-man rush is consistently making Strong move around and allowing Purdue to drop 8, that’s a major problem.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg