bornontheblue

Boise State V Florida State Game Thread

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

The only time you were 'real' was when you had a shot a playing for the national championship. And Nevada crushed it.  :rock:

I gotta bow out buddy. Gotta keep America in front of our competition thing early tomorrow. 

peace brother. 

Get some sleep brother!  Come back tomorrow evening and we can resume your ass kicking!  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don't believe that to be true, a good offense > good defense.  Cincinnati didn't have a great defense playing UCF, a great offense.  When UCF played LSU they were without their QB for the first time and a freshmen stepped in.  They still scored a lot of points.  I understand you're set in your ways, I'm not going to try to stop you from speaking your opinions into existence.  

I don't understand why you say things that are blatantly untrue, you know them to be untrue, and are easy to look up. UCF played the AACCG with that QB. LSU wasn't the first time with him. And UCF beat Memphis far worse with the backup than they did earlier in the year with Milton. Also, Cincy held UCF to 400 yards of offense, half their average in rushing total, and UCF scored on a defensive TD and (basically) a special teams TD. You just absolutely proved the point. When that "great offense" faced a good defense, they went for 400 yards and 24 points. See what I mean? Very pedestrian offense when they aren't facing shite defenses. 

40 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I don't understand why you say things that are blatantly untrue, you know them to be untrue, and are easy to look up. UCF played the AACCG with that QB. LSU wasn't the first time with him. And UCF beat Memphis far worse with the backup than they did earlier in the year with Milton. Also, Cincy held UCF to 400 yards of offense, half their average in rushing total, and UCF scored on a defensive TD and (basically) a special teams TD. You just absolutely proved the point. When that "great offense" faced a good defense, they went for 400 yards and 24 points. See what I mean? Very pedestrian offense when they aren't facing shite defenses. 

My bad, I forgot about the second Memphis game.  I don't think you are on the right track but again this is a new season and by all accounts you are applying a short term weakness of UCF's as a long term trend when if you knew UCF at all you would know that they typically have good defenses.  Your generalizations of MW is better a defense vs AAC are largely false in my assessment.  You can provide some stats to support your position but that will always be the case for anything pretty much, I'm just not interested in arguing something that silly.  Forgive me for forgetting about the second Memphis game, it doesn't change my point in the least but given previous conversations I wanted to  make it clear that I acknowledge my misstep in forgetting it.  

27 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

My bad, I forgot about the second Memphis game.  I don't think you are on the right track but again this is a new season and by all accounts you are applying a short term weakness of UCF's as a long term trend when if you knew UCF at all you would know that they typically have good defenses.  Your generalizations of MW is better a defense vs AAC are largely false in my assessment.  You can provide some stats to support your position but that will always be the case for anything pretty much, I'm just not interested in arguing something that silly.  Forgive me for forgetting about the second Memphis game, it doesn't change my point in the least but given previous conversations I wanted to  make it clear that I acknowledge my misstep in forgetting it.  

It's simple. Two of the twelve AAC teams held their opponents to under 400 per game. Seven of the twelve MW teams held their opponents to under that... and Boise didn't even play three of the ones that didn't. 

You're so wrong about not paying attention to outside teams. Boise fans are conditioned to following other teams. Whether that be other G5s or P5s ahead of them that they need to lose. Boise is in the conversation every year and that's been the standard for close to two decades. Boise fans pay attention to ALL the relevant teams because their results matter to Boise's ultimate Bowl/finish. They have had four undefeated regular seasons and eight of one loss or less. Whether Boise makes it or not, they are always in the conversation at some point of the season. Boise has seen 10 "the next Boise State" and they always fall back to reality and Boise is still here. Boise is the winningest program of the millennium and all the other ones in that group are Blue Bloods... nary a G5 to be found in that group.  

• Like 1

"(Bachmeier) was 8 for 12 for 136 yards and a touchdown on third down, and all eight completions gave the Broncos first downs." 

Clutch

14 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

Welcome to the BSU family! I've been a fan since the late 90s. My daughter just started classes at Boise State last week.

My grandson too!

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It's simple. Two of the twelve AAC teams held their opponents to under 400 per game. Seven of the twelve MW teams held their opponents to under that... and Boise didn't even play three of the ones that didn't. 

You're so wrong about not paying attention to outside teams. Boise fans are conditioned to following other teams. Whether that be other G5s or P5s ahead of them that they need to lose. Boise is in the conversation every year and that's been the standard for close to two decades. Boise fans pay attention to ALL the relevant teams because their results matter to Boise's ultimate Bowl/finish. They have had four undefeated regular seasons and eight of one loss or less. Whether Boise makes it or not, they are always in the conversation at some point of the season. Boise has seen 10 "the next Boise State" and they always fall back to reality and Boise is still here. Boise is the winningest program of the millennium and all the other ones in that group are Blue Bloods... nary a G5 to be found in that group.  

Your first paragraph is comparing apples to oranges.  It's not a lateral comparison.  

Your second paragraph is just a loud opinion, and isn't based entirely in fact either.  For example you forgot to mention App State in your last statement.  Don't worry, I won't pull the boise-ass move that some here do and heckle.  Every person I've seen post somewhat regularly here is wrong more than they think.  Either way,  If you were 'conditioned' at all you'd know UCF historically has a strong defense, that's all I was saying, aside from that I expect it to be better this season with upperclassmen coming through.  Whether you can find it within yourself to agree or not is immaterial.  I'm not questioning your overall desire to pay attention to other teams.  I have nothing but respect for the Boise program and what they did in the past.  Like it or not that is where you are in your defense of what they've accomplished and it will be where they will stay due to factors beyond your or their control.  I don't like it and I've stated my case here how I think it should be different, but the ceiling has been hit for you guys.  The only 'next Boise State' I've heard is App State (lol if you think UCF), and they've been doing their best impression of you for a long time and aren't going anywhere, just like you guys.  IMO.  

• Facepalm 2

57 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Your first paragraph is comparing apples to oranges.  It's not a lateral comparison.  

Your second paragraph is just a loud opinion, and isn't based entirely in fact either.  For example you forgot to mention App State in your last statement.  Don't worry, I won't pull the boise-ass move that some here do and heckle.  Every person I've seen post somewhat regularly here is wrong more than they think.  Either way,  If you were 'conditioned' at all you'd know UCF historically has a strong defense, that's all I was saying, aside from that I expect it to be better this season with upperclassmen coming through.  Whether you can find it within yourself to agree or not is immaterial.  I'm not questioning your overall desire to pay attention to other teams.  I have nothing but respect for the Boise program and what they did in the past.  Like it or not that is where you are in your defense of what they've accomplished and it will be where they will stay due to factors beyond your or their control.  I don't like it and I've stated my case here how I think it should be different, but the ceiling has been hit for you guys.  The only 'next Boise State' I've heard is App State (lol if you think UCF), and they've been doing their best impression of you for a long time and aren't going anywhere, just like you guys.  IMO.  

Boise is (at some point) in the discussion. They were in the discussion until the very last weekend last year... and that was a down year for them. You don't know that because you're obviously new to football and have a hard time distinguishing facts from opinion. Let's take your Appy State comment. Before I show you what a fact is (AGAIN!), I would also like to point out the massive hypocrisy of you saying that you won't do the "boise-ass" move and heckle because so many people are wrong... RIGHT AFTER YOU JUST POINTED OUT WHEN SOMEONE WAS WRONG! Which leads me to what I started with, which is you having no clue what a fact is. See, here are facts:

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-winningest-programs-since-2000-113916135/#113916135_14

Go ahead. Scroll through there. Let me know where Appy State is on that list. You won't find them, because they have 52 wins this millennium. See... not a fact. But I assume I'll be having this discussion with you very soon... AGAIN. 

11 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

:bananasex:

Ironically, FSU was the team that ran the BSU pass-back special...

Can’t wait for league/BYU play; asses will be victimized...