Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State V Florida State Game Thread

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Did you watch the game? FSU was the one faking cramps. They were going down left and right. Boise didn't have player cramp up. They haven't the last three years down south. 

With UCF's monstrously God awful run defense and the way Boise absolutely punished FSU on the ground, UCF would only get the ball on kickoffs. 

That's exactly what I was saying, at least your first paragraph.  Reading comprehension.  Don't rush to assume everything is criticism just because I don't follow your collective thought most of the time.  

As far as your second paragraph goes, if Boise played AAC offenses each week last season then their defense wouldn't have looked so hot either.  Either way this is a new year and our defense finally isn't all freshmen and sophomores so I expect it will be back to what we've been used to in the past.  Good luck this week against Marshall, should be a competitive win!

1 minute ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kind of sucks the national narrative seems to be more "FSU sucks, Taggart didn't have them prepared," than "Boise went in and beat their ass on their home turf." 

Isn't that how it always goes in these sorts of situations?

Taggart will make the rest of the year...he's got too much of a sky-high buyout. Still, it's funny to see that program completely implode. 

3 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kind of sucks the national narrative seems to be more "FSU sucks, Taggart didn't have them prepared," than "Boise went in and beat their ass on their home turf." 

While it was a gutsy win, which I find more substantive anyway, it wasn't an ass beating and there were already rumbles that FSU was going to be terrible before the game.  It isn't fair but that's the P5 narrative, it's always from their perspective.

Besides, nationwide, FSU's inexplicable implosion is more news worthy than another victorious Boise State.

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That's exactly what I was saying, at least your first paragraph.  Reading comprehension.  Don't rush to assume everything is criticism just because I don't follow your collective thought most of the time.  

As far as your second paragraph goes, if Boise played AAC offenses each week last season then their defense wouldn't have looked so hot either.  Either way this is a new year and our defense finally isn't all freshmen and sophomores so I expect it will be back to what we've been used to in the past.  Good luck this week against Marshall, should be a competitive win!

It's a lack of defenses that helps the offenses look good. Cincinnati had a great defense playing AAC teams. When UCF played LSU, they only mustered 250 yards. AAC is like the old WAC. Fun, innovative offenses, but no defense. 

2 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

Just been a real fan for 2-3 years since my grandson enrolled there. It is so much relief and fun to watch the excellence this team puts forth. A real escape from many years as a Ucla fan. Go Broncos.

Welcome to the team

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don't disappear, I am just not on as much and when I am it's a different schedule than most of you.  I don't have a hard time saying I'm wrong, I have a hard time taking someone seriously when I presented several situations over several threads of several different topics with facts/numbers that couldn't be disputed then it is all entirely ignored and one thing of many was focused on.  It doesn't take away from the point I was making at all even if what I said at the time was wrong because there was much more to it than what he's obsessed with.  Moreover it is bigger than that, that guy is wrong nearly daily on here, at least when I check in, but he gives me grief for the one false statement that was construed differently than my intent (though I could have worded it better)? Beyond all that he finds it satisfying to be trolltastic when I'm cheering on the success of these teams in other threads like this one.  When I came here originally I made it clear that I thought a successful MW and its teams were paramount to the success of college fb as a whole and expressed my desire for each teams success.  He is just hypocritical and incendiary, and ultimately unnecessary.  He could start showing equal respect for the AAC teams like I do MW teams and he will still be ignored.  

Lol, you even came back to that thread but refused to acknowledge you were wrong.  You don't bring stats and numbers and when you do, they are incorrect.

Try it with me "I was wrong".  If you want to add more I would go with "I was wrong, Boise has been wildly more consistent since we both moved to D1 in 1997"

On 9/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, unless he grows two inches.  

a true freshman, 18, COULD grow 2 inches in the next couple of years. He's going to be a good one.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

I mentioned before the FSU fans I work with have no confidence in Taggert or Briles....but what they were most pissed about today was the lack of conditioning.  It was unacceptable for Boise to come in to the game better conditioned.  

Taggert will be lucky if he survives the year.  Poor leadership. 

But, they did give Boise major props for the win and thereby pointing out Taggerts flaws as a head coach. 

Two of them said Harsin is a far better coach than Taggert and his multimillion dollar salary. 

I saw this, which is really cool (iterally). Do you guys know anything about this cooling table?

7 hours ago, Bruin 70 said:

Just been a real fan for 2-3 years since my grandson enrolled there. It is so much relief and fun to watch the excellence this team puts forth. A real escape from many years as a Ucla fan. Go Broncos.

Welcome to the BSU family! I've been a fan since the late 90s. My daughter just started classes at Boise State last week.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

a true freshman, 18, COULD grow 2 inches in the next couple of years. He's going to be a good one.

I saw this, which is really cool (iterally). Do you guys know anything about this cooling table?

Damn Boise cheats more than the Patriots. 😀

Just kidding...I've actually never heard of a cooling table hidden under a tent. Have seen cooling mist machines on the sidelines. ..

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise has used their IPF to simulate heat and humidity the last three years. Opposing fans have laughed every year saying, "It's not the same." but all three years Boise has completely dominated the game and won going away against good teams. 

Oh stop it. Show me legitimate pics of the ' fake sun' and the relative humidity.  

The reason you win is because you get overlooked. And your team does not like to be overlooked. 

Regardless of your win totals each year....you get the sideways glance from P5's. 

And more often than naught you find a way to slap that sideways glance straight. 

I still hate you.

31 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Damn Boise cheats more than the Patriots. 😀

Just kidding...I've actually never heard of a cooling table hidden under a tent. Have seen cooling mist machines on the sidelines. ..

Probably ice in a cool chest, lol.

45 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Oh stop it. Show me legitimate pics of the ' fake sun' and the relative humidity.  

The reason you win is because you get overlooked. And your team does not like to be overlooked. 

Regardless of your win totals each year....you get the sideways glance from P5's. 

And more often than naught you find a way to slap that sideways glance straight. 

I still hate you.

They showed it during the game, we had our IPF at 108 degrees during practice all week and were watering down the field constantly.  The heat and humidity we practiced in every day was far more severe then anything you will find in the country.  Our team is tough.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They showed it during the game, we had our IPF at 108 degrees during practice all week and were watering down the field constantly.  The heat and humidity we practiced in every day was far more severe then anything you will find in the country.  Our team is tough as balls.

I as much as said that. But I still want to see the fake sun. FSU might want to copy your illegal underground IPF or whatever you call it ...And I want to see pics of you practising in that environment and other facilities around the country, so I can quantify your statement ' that it's far more severe..than anything in the country'