Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State V Florida State Game Thread

13 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Not sure about their data base.....but game one does not portend well .

We've contributed to a lot of "sky is falling" reactions from fanbases. Most end up having good seasons after. Near the end of the season they'll be saying how much better they are playing now and that if the two played again they'd kill Boise. Boise "getting up" for one game is another popular one. 

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IMHO it had more to do with Blackmon.  Boise made adjustments on D and Blackmon did not figure it out.  The play calling was fine, the QB just did not take what was there, and kept throwing it long into good coverage instead of the check downs or taking off running.  All FSU needed was another 5 or so first downs and they likely win.  Briles has been one of the best offensive minds in college football for a while now, he will call good games.  

Yeah, it worked for them early and they kept going to the well. That's a big reason why they were 1-12 on 3rd down conversions. They were in 3rd and long all game. 

20 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Good news. Never know what that means with Harsin though. Pierce was in street clothes second half of the game and Ojukwu was on crutches.

And both listed as starters for Marshall on Friday, lol.

🎶 O, o, or else, they’d get a redshirt! 🎶 

Just watched the condensed game. The number one thing the offense has to look at is picking up the blitz. So many guys were out of place and Bachmeier paid the price.

Bachmeier was high on a lot of passes, which I saw during the game. Also, our WRs are way good.

18 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Just watched the condensed game. The number one thing the offense has to look at is picking up the blitz. So many guys were out of place and Bachmeier paid the price.

Bachmeier was high on a lot of passes, which I saw during the game. Also, our WRs are way good.

Yeah, I noticed that too. When Hurricane misses, it's usually high. He should have had 4 TD passes. Two got called back on some really ticky-tack calls and then he missed a wide open CT Thomas (high). 

From Tallahassee newspaper, the Democrat https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2019/09/02/florida-state-fsu-football-hydration-boise-state-seminoles-willie-taggart-water-powerade-ulm/2194318001/ 

"But when the two teams took the field for Saturday's game at Doak Campbell Stadium, it was the Seminoles who looked totally unprepared for the conditions. FSU players dealt with cramps and apparent heat-related issues all afternoon while the Broncos appeared to be the team that had practiced in the natural Florida heat.

Looking ahead to the Seminoles' second game Saturday at 5 p.m. against ULM, Florida State head coach Willie Taggart discussed how his team may not have been properly hydrated to deal with the heat ahead of its first game.

"I think after going through last weekend and seeing our guys going down and cramping, one thing we talked about with our medical staff is our guys got to hydrate," Taggart said on his weekly call-in show......

The defense's inability to get off the field and the offense's inability to stay on the field led to Boise State possessing the ball for over 40 minutes – more than any other team in the country in their first game – and running 108 plays.

Really unbelievable!

4 minutes ago, An Admirer from the East said:

From Tallahassee newspaper, the Democrat https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2019/09/02/florida-state-fsu-football-hydration-boise-state-seminoles-willie-taggart-water-powerade-ulm/2194318001/ 

"But when the two teams took the field for Saturday's game at Doak Campbell Stadium, it was the Seminoles who looked totally unprepared for the conditions. FSU players dealt with cramps and apparent heat-related issues all afternoon while the Broncos appeared to be the team that had practiced in the natural Florida heat.

Looking ahead to the Seminoles' second game Saturday at 5 p.m. against ULM, Florida State head coach Willie Taggart discussed how his team may not have been properly hydrated to deal with the heat ahead of its first game.

"I think after going through last weekend and seeing our guys going down and cramping, one thing we talked about with our medical staff is our guys got to hydrate," Taggart said on his weekly call-in show......

The defense's inability to get off the field and the offense's inability to stay on the field led to Boise State possessing the ball for over 40 minutes – more than any other team in the country in their first game – and running 108 plays.

Really unbelievable!

Boise has used their IPF to simulate heat and humidity the last three years. Opposing fans have laughed every year saying, "It's not the same." but all three years Boise has completely dominated the game and won going away against good teams. 

11 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise has used their IPF to simulate heat and humidity the last three years. Opposing fans have laughed every year saying, "It's not the same." but all three years Boise has completely dominated the game and won going away against good teams. 

Yeah, clearly it works. I think that's been shown true enough times that it can't be disputed.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:24 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He has a point.  You have a really hard time saying "I was wrong" even when presented with direct facts/numbers.  You just disappear instead and refuse to talk about it.

I don't disappear, I am just not on as much and when I am it's a different schedule than most of you.  I don't have a hard time saying I'm wrong, I have a hard time taking someone seriously when I presented several situations over several threads of several different topics with facts/numbers that couldn't be disputed then it is all entirely ignored and one thing of many was focused on.  It doesn't take away from the point I was making at all even if what I said at the time was wrong because there was much more to it than what he's obsessed with.  Moreover it is bigger than that, that guy is wrong nearly daily on here, at least when I check in, but he gives me grief for the one false statement that was construed differently than my intent (though I could have worded it better)? Beyond all that he finds it satisfying to be trolltastic when I'm cheering on the success of these teams in other threads like this one.  When I came here originally I made it clear that I thought a successful MW and its teams were paramount to the success of college fb as a whole and expressed my desire for each teams success.  He is just hypocritical and incendiary, and ultimately unnecessary.  He could start showing equal respect for the AAC teams like I do MW teams and he will still be ignored.  

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'd love to see Boise play in Central Florida for many reasons.  This is one of them, I'm tired of teams from out of the area faking cramps left and right to stop drives.  I really hope Stanford doesn't do it in a couple weeks.  I'm afraid they will.  Teams like FSU use their IPF to get away from the heat, which I get in certain circumstances but you have to be able to be ready to play outside in FL.  That's what all those kids did growing up in FL playing fb, there just really isn't any excuse.  FSU is just bad.  They have talented players but they are lacking in everything that makes you a good program right now.  

12 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

Yeah, clearly it works. I think that's been shown true enough times that it can't be disputed.

But it pisses me off.... we don't get the heat.... the eff we don't!!!!  We spend most of the summer in the high 90's & 100's (granted this summer wasn't as hot)!!!  We get HOT, it's just a dry heat!  Two years ago, the season opener it was 100+ out, had to have been well over 120 in the stadium and they run out of water at half time.  We are high mountain desert - our summers get HOT!!!!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I'd love to see Boise play in Central Florida for many reasons.  This is one of them, I'm tired of teams from out of the area faking cramps left and right to stop drives.  I really hope Stanford doesn't do it in a couple weeks.  I'm afraid they will.  Teams like FSU use their IPF to get away from the heat, which I get in certain circumstances but you have to be able to be ready to play outside in FL.  That's what all those kids did growing up in FL playing fb, there just really isn't any excuse.  FSU is just bad.  They have talented players but they are lacking in everything that makes you a good program right now.  

Did you watch the game? FSU was the one faking cramps. They were going down left and right. Boise didn't have player cramp up. They haven't the last three years down south. 

With UCF's monstrously God awful run defense and the way Boise absolutely punished FSU on the ground, UCF would only get the ball on kickoffs.