Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fearthefumanchu

Holy war game thread?

6 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Playing 9:15PM/9:30PM football games on a Thursday night makes one wonder what BYU really brings to the table.  Just wonder what the TV ratings will look like for this game.  Fans can sleep in Saturday morning after watching a late Friday night game....but Thursday?  I find it interesting that ESPN selected Colorado/Colorado State for the late Friday game....over BYU/Utah.

For AAC, does it really want to play 9:15PM/9:30PM late night Thursday games in Provo?  It appears to me that playing good non-conference games and keeping conference schedule to 8 games has a better payoff in TV viewership and building a program and conference than adding BYU.  I am no longer so sure about AAC adding BYU as I once was.  Stay at 11 for the next few years and let things (B12 Expansion, 8 team National Playoff) sort themselves out....and then AAC can decide about membership additions, if any.

As an aside, AAC continues to build.  Tulane had a very good win against FIU.

Pea6

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-thursday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-29-2019.html

7 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Playing 9:15PM/9:30PM football games on a Thursday night makes one wonder what BYU really brings to the table.  Just wonder what the TV ratings will look like for this game.  Fans can sleep in Saturday morning after watching a late Friday night game....but Thursday?  I find it interesting that ESPN selected Colorado/Colorado State for the late Friday game....over BYU/Utah.

For AAC, does it really want to play 9:15PM/9:30PM late night Thursday games in Provo?  It appears to me that playing good non-conference games and keeping conference schedule to 8 games has a better payoff in TV viewership and building a program and conference than adding BYU.  I am no longer so sure about AAC adding BYU as I once was.  Stay at 11 for the next few years and let things (B12 Expansion, 8 team National Playoff) sort themselves out....and then AAC can decide about membership additions, if any.

As an aside, AAC continues to build.  Tulane had a very good win against FIU.

Just when you think AAC posters can’t be more brainwashed... bam!

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Have to start to wonder how long Sitake stays as HC.  He hasn't really shown a lot so far.  Maybe he needs time to grow as a coach, but right now, I bet the BYU fans are growing impatient.  

Utah flat out just had more talent though last night.  Hard to put everything on Sitake, but the natives will get restless soon.  

Hmmm. Sitake picks from skinny white Mormon boys or Pacific Islanders and Utah recruits freegin the best pac12 athletes it can land. Apples to Oranges. Sitake is in a losing proposition. 

5 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

A interesting Utah side note is the Utes are forced by state government to play YBU, but Utah does have to schedule USU. The separation between church and state is not practiced in Zion.

Signed,

Anyone who has ever spent time in Utard

5 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

A interesting Utah side note is the Utes are forced by state government to play YBU, but Utah does have to schedule USU. The separation between church and state is not practiced in Zion.

I don't understand your comment. I think that you forgot a "not" somewhere.

Utah and BYU are not forced to schedule a game... See 2014 and 2015 when the rivalry game wasn't played. 

Does Utah have to play USU by law?

17 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Wilson basically handed this game to Utah by throwing two pick sixes.

Pretty stupid comment on your part. Utah does that to most teams. They have some of the best DB’s in college.  This is Utah football. Our defense is always top 10 in college. They score nearly every game. 

54 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

Pretty stupid comment on your part. Utah does that to most teams. They have some of the best DB’s in college.  This is Utah football. Our defense is always top 10 in college. They score nearly every game. 

Except you have not had a top 10 scoring defense since 2008....11 seasons ago.  Your past decade is typically in the top 30-50 range, with two seasons in the top 20 and 0 in the top 10.

But hey, +++++ stats. They are for losers.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Hmmm. Sitake picks from skinny white Mormon boys or Pacific Islanders and Utah recruits freegin the best pac12 athletes it can land. Apples to Oranges. Sitake is in a losing proposition. 

It isn't just this game though.  Granted, a lot of games he is outmatched athletically, but I don't think the fans have taken to his coaching style yet.  

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

saying they score nearly every game is another gross exaggeration.

Well, they score nearly every game against that opponent, 9TD's in the past 9 meetings I believe, so could hardly call it a fluke.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

Well, they score nearly every game against that opponent, 9TD's in the past 9 meetings I believe, so could hardly call it a fluke.

No, not a fluke in this series.  Saying they do that to most teams, are a top 10 defense every year and score nearly every game is pretty silly.  Like every poster on this board has no access to cfbstats.com  All while prefacing the prior post as being "pretty stupid".

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Utah was also 20th in INT's, 97th in fumbles recovered, saying they score nearly every game is another gross exaggeration.

You aint gotta lie to kick it. 

1 hour ago, Mano said:

So depressing.

10 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Playing 9:15PM/9:30PM football games on a Thursday night makes one wonder what BYU really brings to the table.  Just wonder what the TV ratings will look like for this game. 

3 hours ago, baileyake said:

A later game time and BYU gets better ratings than one of the AACs best teams this year? Looks like BYU deserves a better media contract than the AAC got.

2 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

A later game time and BYU gets better ratings than one of the AACs best teams this year? Looks like BYU deserves a better media contract than the AAC got.

Perhaps people tuning in to watch a ranked team?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

19 minutes ago, Mano said:

Perhaps people tuning in to watch a ranked team?

Probably not a reason according to the AAC fans. It was 10pm Eastern Time kickoff and as far as they are concerned that is too late for big viewer numbers since the majority of the population is in Eastern Time.

5 hours ago, Packedandready said:

I don't understand your comment. I think that you forgot a "not" somewhere.

Utah and BYU are not forced to schedule a game... See 2014 and 2015 when the rivalry game wasn't played. 

Does Utah have to play USU by law?

Yes I forgot the not.my bad