Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Boise/Florida State game moved to 10am MT start due to hurricane Dorian

3 minutes ago, RSF said:

No, I didnt.

I knew what he meant.

Just because the eye doesnt make landfall until Monday doesnt mean the storm doesnt.

Your response does not make sense then. If you knew that he was asking why the game cannot stay at 7 PM in Tallahassee what does that have to do with Jacksonville?

3 minutes ago, 307dude said:

You're right, that was dickish. Plus, that's something SDSU would do.

Of course when I was in Miami in '83 as a Trooper (and if you don't know who the Troopers are, you aren't a real Wyomingite) and all of the people from the east, that had never been farther east than NJ, asked if we lived in forts, had problems with Indians, had indoor plumbing, etc.  and they were serious!!!  

down in a hole.jpg

6 minutes ago, baileyake said:

Now moved to ESPNews

Yep.

A source confirmed to the Democrat that this move has been made official and FSU will host the game against the Broncos at noon. The game will be broadcast on ESPNews according to ESPN.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2019/08/29/fsu-football-game-hurricane-dorian-seminoles-boise-state-jacksonville-tallahassee/2148277001/

2 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I was 100% going to drive down to the game in Jacksonville if the game is on but now that they moved it to Tallahassee and to noon there’s no way I’m getting up at 3 AM for the game even though the tickets are $50 for general admission which is pretty sweet. Oh well.

Why not drive down Friday night and get a room or an airbnb?

I changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the situation.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why not drive down Friday night and get a room or an airbnb?

II’ve got a job interview at 2:30 in the afternoon, but maybe I will do that. That’s not a bad idea. But driving through Atlanta during rush hour is literally worse than Los Angeles. I would know because I moved here from Los Angeles. So on second thought maybe I won’t. A bit conflicted 

12 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

II’ve got a job interview at 2:30 in the afternoon, but maybe I will do that. That’s not a bad idea. But driving through Atlanta during rush hour is literally worse than Los Angeles. I would know because I moved here from Los Angeles. So on second thought maybe I won’t. A bit conflicted 

Good Luck on the interview!

$10 bucks, man...

18 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Okay. 

Buy tickets online ($10).

Leave at 6:30 after traffic.  Drive down to Tifton or something...check into hotel ($100) by 10 pm. 

Get up at 8 and drive the 2 hours to Tallahassee.  Tailgate from 10-11 to try and forget the awkwardness of the job interview.  

Tomahawk Chopping by 11:30.  

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay. 

Leave at 6:30 after traffic.  Drive down to Tifton or something...check into hotel ($100) by 10 pm. 

Get up at 8 and drive the 2 hours to Tallahassee.  Tailgate from 10-11 to try and forget the awkwardness of the job interview.  

If he is tomahawk chopping, then he will be voted off of the Boise State Island. :ph34r:

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay. 

I live in Greenville, so the drive from here to Tifton is five and a half hours.

47 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Of course when I was in Miami in '83 as a Trooper (and if you don't know who the Troopers are, you aren't a real Wyomingite) and all of the people from the east, that had never been farther east than NJ, asked if we lived in forts, had problems with Indians, had indoor plumbing, etc.  and they were serious!!!  

Most definitely aware of the Troopers. Your story reminded me of riding up the Pikes Peak cog railway before my senior year of HS. A good friend and I were part of the Wyoming delegation attending the National HS Student Council convention in Colorado that summer. The two of us, plus a third guy in our delegation, who was from Burns (about 20 miles east of Cheyenne) happened to be sitting with three girls from Massachusetts who were also there for the convention. After they find out we're from Wyoming, they asked us, completely seriously, if we had running water (we said yes) and electricity (also yes). They next asked if we had telephone. The kid from Burns, without missing a beat, said they were thinking about running a line out from Cheyenne, but it would cost about two million dollars. My buddy, completely in character at this point, said we were having trouble where we lived (SW Wyo) with Indians continuously cutting the lines. I nearly bit through my tongue trying to keep a straight face.

2 minutes ago, 307dude said:

Most definitely aware of the Troopers. Your story reminded me of riding up the Pikes Peak cog railway before my senior year of HS. A good friend and I were part of the Wyoming delegation attending the National HS Student Council convention in Colorado that summer. The two of us, plus a third guy in our delegation, who was from Burns (about 20 miles east of Cheyenne) happened to be sitting with three girls from Massachusetts who were also there for the convention. After they find out we're from Wyoming, they asked us, completely seriously, if we had running water (we said yes) and electricity (also yes). They next asked if we had telephone. The kid from Burns, without missing a beat, said they were thinking about running a line out from Cheyenne, but it would cost about two million dollars. My buddy, completely in character at this point, said we were having trouble where we lived (SW Wyo) with Indians continuously cutting the lines. I nearly bit through my tongue trying to keep a straight face.

They also asked if we rode horses to school, I told them yes, I have 350 of them.  They were like wow, so many horses.  I said that's what '79 Z28's have in them, 350 four barrel.  LOL

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

I live in Greenville, so the drive from here to Tifton is five and a half hours.

Okay that's a long drive (550 miles total)...I was thinking you were just North of Atlanta.

Can you reschedule the job interview?  LOL.