Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State Stadium Project Update

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LOL!

Those are not upgrades, that is general maintenance.  Lol.  Gating.  Replacing turf. 

Yea like fixing the leaks and cracks (don’t get excited Cincy). Super glue they shi*t before putting in a few bulbs already. 

“Oh, we just won a championship and got some brighter lights to show for it......” who gives a sh*t, who gives a F!!!! 

Bwahahahahaha...

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LOL!

Those are not upgrades, that is general maintenance.  Lol.  Gating.  Replacing turf. 

Aren’t you nervous that Fresno will have an easier time stealing Boise recruits now that they have LED’s?

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Aren’t you nervous that Fresno will have an easier time stealing Boise recruits now that they have LED’s?

Lights only gonna brighten that delapidated stadium for all to see.  Can’t raise a dollar in that pit o hell city. Dogs, literally dogs, won’t drink the water there. 

August 28, 2020: "In light of realities facing the school, San Jose State Athletics Director Marie Tuite announced today that its new Football Operations Building is being renamed the Fútbol Operations Building."

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

SGF-we are so happy the Aztecs share the MWC with us. SDSU is like the 4th or 5th school I name when people ask who is in the MWC anyway. They’re usually impressed 

They must have been impressed by our multiple and glorious stadium renderings.  The usual reaction we get around here when enumerating the member schools in the MWC is "What's the MWC":blink:

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

August 28, 2020: "In light of realities facing the school, San Jose State Athletics Director Marie Tuite announced today that its new Football Operations Building is being renamed the Fútbol Operations Building."

For longtime renters, you have some audacity. 

3 hours ago, Monty93 said:

They must have been impressed by our multiple and glorious stadium renderings.  The usual reaction we get around here when enumerating the member schools in the MWC is "What's the MWC":blink:

So in other words, people in San Diego don't know in which conference SDSU plays. Which means they know jackshit about SDSU football. 

You didn't think this through, did you? 

Joser,...

I just said a little prayer for you guys...

Here's hoping you don't somehow expose a live donkey show during a game broadcast..

........  ....

Am I right??  Because of that one side of the stadium, right?!  That other side of the stadium, which was destroyed and not replaced....

..I think we all know several atrocities will be committed all over that entire side by various community degenerates...

.. But seriously, Spartans, on a personal level, I think I may have you guys late in the Pick 'em...  No Joke...

Accordingly, 4 wins would be a major victory in my book, so come on now!!

BTW, @Boise fan, can you please post the final Pick 'em charts so we can actually remember the game we're playing all season??  I could swear I let loose the dogs of war, and likley drunk, putlled the trigger on SJSU - for reals...

New-Signature.jpg

52 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Joser,...

I just said a little prayer for you guys...

Here's hoping you don't somehow expose a live donkey show during a game broadcast..

........  ....

Am I right??  Because of that one side of the stadium, right?!  That other side of the stadium, which was destroyed and not replaced....

..I think we all know several atrocities will be committed all over that entire side by various community degenerates...

.. But seriously, Spartans, on a personal level, I think I may have you guys late in the Pick 'em...  No Joke...

Accordingly, 4 wins would be a major victory in my book, so come on now!!

BTW, @Boise fan, can you please post the final Pick 'em charts so we can actually remember the game we're playing all season??  I could swear I let loose the dogs of war, and likley drunk, putlled the trigger on SJSU - for reals...

Jesus, you drink a lot and snap and then share way too many selfies....what is the question again, Jeff?

2 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Jesus, you drink a lot and snap and then share way too many selfies....what is the question again, Jeff?

Just basically whether or not I picked SJSU...

...donkeys..

New-Signature.jpg

12 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

So in other words, people in San Diego don't know in which conference SDSU plays. Which means they know jackshit about SDSU football. 

You didn't think this through, did you? 

If you aren't aware, San Diego isn't exactly a hotbed of sports fandom.  Consider that we have at least four PAC-12 schools that are in closer geographic proximity to us than all but one MWC team. Then consider that most of the college football games that are easily available to watch here are Power Five and you have to pay extra to get the channel that MWC games are carried on.  Finally, throw in a very large population of transplants who grew up in other cities and went to schools in other conferences and you end up with a population that isn't exactly one that you'd call fanatic.

I coached the kids of one of the local sports radio guys and he told me that - quite honestly - when they want to talk about the Aztecs on the radio it "doesn't move the needle" - and that's not the only time I've heard that from people in the media. Things are great when we're winning, but there aren't many people that are going to pay for tickets to the concrete tombstone in Mission Valley to watch teams that they aren't familiar with. We'll get large crowds for fireworks, Boise State, pretty good for Fresno State, decent for Air Force ('Murrica!) - but otherwise the other teams aren't much of a draw. We got big crowds for Stanford, Arizona State, Cal - but those are the teams your average person is familiar with.

Most residents are familiar with the Aztecs, but they probably don't know (or care) that we play San Jose State or New Mexico. Hell, most of them probably don't know that San Jose State still has a football team.

They do know Tony Gwynn, Marshall Faulk, Kawhi Leonard, Rashaad Penny, Rocky Long, Steve Fisher, Don Coryell, Aztec football, Aztec basketball - but, again, what's the MWC?

So, yeah, I thought it through. 

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

4 hours ago, Monty93 said:

If you aren't aware, San Diego isn't exactly a hotbed of sports fandom.  Consider that we have at least four PAC-12 schools that are in closer geographic proximity to us than all but one MWC team. Then consider that most of the college football games that are easily available to watch here are Power Five and you have to pay extra to get the channel that MWC games are carried on.  Finally, throw in a very large population of transplants who grew up in other cities and went to schools in other conferences and you end up with a population that isn't exactly one that you'd call fanatic.

I coached the kids of one of the local sports radio guys and he told me that - quite honestly - when they want to talk about the Aztecs on the radio it "doesn't move the needle" - and that's not the only time I've heard that from people in the media. Things are great when we're winning, but there aren't many people that are going to pay for tickets to the concrete tombstone in Mission Valley to watch teams that they aren't familiar with. We'll get large crowds for fireworks, Boise State, pretty good for Fresno State, decent for Air Force ('Murrica!) - but otherwise the other teams aren't much of a draw. We got big crowds for Stanford, Arizona State, Cal - but those are the teams your average person is familiar with.

Most residents are familiar with the Aztecs, but they probably don't know (or care) that we play San Jose State or New Mexico. Hell, most of them probably don't know that San Jose State still has a football team.

They do know Tony Gwynn, Marshall Faulk, Kawhi Leonard, Rashaad Penny, Rocky Long, Steve Fisher, Don Coryell, Aztec football, Aztec basketball - but, again, what's the MWC?

So, yeah, I thought it through. 

So in other words, SJSU and SDSU have the same issue. Transplants and PAC-12 schools near by . At the end of the day, trashing the MWC is the same as trashing SDSU. You didn't think it through all the way.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State Athletics Director Marie Tuite said on the weekly coaches' radio show tonight that the removal of the east side berm will begin immediately following the end of this season, rather than after the 2020 season, and that the school's head of finance told her that shovels to begin building the Football Operations Building will hit the ground next summer, a year earlier than previously stated. She did not indicate whether or not the completion date for the entire project will be any earlier than the currently targeted 2023 season.

Getting close to 3 months since the season ended.  Must be close to finishing, no? 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg