Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise postpones future series with Cincy

On 8/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, #1Stunner said:

https://fbschedules.com/cincinnati-boise-state-postpone-football-series-to-2028-2029/

Looks like Boise postponed a future series with Cincy.   That now opens the 2024 schedule, presumably to schedule more games with BYU.   

@MWC Tex will be sad to hear this.

Good!!! LOL!!!!!

26610244-vector-illustration-of-six-peas

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

USU fans have been living this fantasy out in their heads for what, 10 years now?

AND.... then there is reality.  

The only sell out that a school like USU can ever apparently muster is when it schedules BYU (which it also jacks up as the most expensive game tickets on its schedule, every year).  I'm sure they could also sell out Utah too, but Utah refuses to ever play games in Logan anymore.  Its no wonder that USU always schedules BYU and refuses to participate in any scheduling boycott.

So, while your fantasy about making BYU "fold" is cute, it won't ever happen.  USU's AD is probably on the phone right now, asking BYU to schedule more games in every sport.

If it costs more in donor dollars than it generates in gate, it makes more sense not to schedule byu*. Once the donors and schools recognize this, they will hold all the cards.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

USU fans have been living this fantasy out in their heads for what, 10 years now?

AND.... then there is reality.  

The only sell out that a school like USU can ever apparently muster is when it schedules BYU (which it also jacks up as the most expensive game tickets on its schedule, every year).  I'm sure they could also sell out Utah too, but Utah refuses to ever play games in Logan anymore.  Its no wonder that USU always schedules BYU and refuses to participate in any scheduling boycott.

So, while your fantasy about making BYU "fold" is cute, it won't ever happen.  USU's AD is probably on the phone right now, asking BYU to schedule more games in every sport.

Has Boise never sold out Maverick stadium?

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

If it costs more in donor dollars than it generates in gate, it makes more sense not to schedule byu*. Once the donors and schools recognize this, they will hold all the cards.

Ummm....  Donor Dollars?

USU fans get upset because 1/4 of their season ticket holders show up to BYU vs USU games in BYU gear.   So donor protests isn't a problem in Logan.

Regarding Wyoming, I'd have to ask the Taggarts what they think.   There are "donors" and then there are "DONORS".   The Taggarts are in the latter. 

4 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Nevada donors have no problem with BYU.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:40 AM, utenation said:

Yeah. I’ve heard this one for about 15 years. We’ve scheduled BSU 2 times in 22 years. Maybe we just don’t give a shit about your program.

Maybe you just get boat raced over and over.

Utah is the tallest midget in the pac 12 and they are scared of little BSU.    For good reason they would get killed.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:06 AM, Wyobraska said:

I've read rumors that Cincy wanted to move it to make room for a P5 team.  

Supposedly it is a Big 10 team but I don't believe that it will happen. Read this on a bbs site about a month ago but no definite information.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, RogueStout said:

Yeah BYU is not going away until the day comes when scheduling them does not guarantee a home sellout to MWC opponents.  

Amen brother. 

The schools don't care what shirt colors are in the seats, as long as they have paid for that seat.

Go back and watch highlights of the B-Y-Who - Tenn game. There was a boat load of blue beyond the usual visiting team quota. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/15/2019 at 9:23 AM, renoskier said:

Do you even MWCBOARD?

Oh, wait, 3 posts, nevermind.

So, like our president, posters just throw anything on the wall to see what sticks ?

Americans Mayor

On 10/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, Wyovanian said:

Actually, they don't "usually stay in Denver". Teams that charter always stay in Laramie. Football teams always stay in Laramie the night before the game. Depending on scheduling, basketball teams may or may not spend a night in Laramie.

In the past, before the current inventory of hotel rooms, there were times when teams stayed in Cheyenne or FoCo, but not anymore.

Just repeating what I heard the SLC stringers for the local team said about that roadie. They always stayed with the team near the Denver airport and bussed to both arenas or stadiums.

They they're not real thrilled about Pullman or Corvalis either. They love Cali and Arizona roadies though.

Americans Mayor

On 10/15/2019 at 3:23 PM, HooknLiberty said:

Has Boise never sold out Maverick stadium?

Probably or close to it. Especially if it was a big game.

For BY-Who and Utah games there are a lot of visiting fans. Especially for BY-Who as there are more BY-Who fans in Logan than Aggie fans.

Americans Mayor

48 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Probably or close to it. Especially if it was a big game.

For BY-Who and Utah games there are a lot of visiting fans. Especially for BY-Who as there are more BY-Who fans in Logan than Aggie fans.

When Boise State is good, we have taken over a few stadiums.  I've been to BYU, USU, Wyoming, CSU, and a few others where we had close to 1/3 to half the attendance.  That added to the fact that when we are good, we are usually ranked, and there is usually a bit of TV hype, it seems more than likely that we've sold out at least a few USU games.  

26 minutes ago, HooknLiberty said:

When Boise State is good, we have taken over a few stadiums.  I've been to BYU, USU, Wyoming, CSU, and a few others where we had close to 1/3 to half the attendance.  That added to the fact that when we are good, we are usually ranked, and there is usually a bit of TV hype, it seems more than likely that we've sold out at least a few USU games.  

You left out Reno. I have been there when the stadium is 2/3 bronco fans. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

You left out Reno. I have been there when the stadium is 2/3 bronco fans. 

I knew I was going to forget a few.  That's why added the "and a few others.". That's a pretty big one to forget though.  That year we went to the first Fiesta after beating them, we stormed their field! That was fun.  Have some good pics from that game.

13 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Just repeating what I heard the SLC stringers for the local team said about that roadie. They always stayed with the team near the Denver airport and bussed to both arenas or stadiums.

They they're not real thrilled about Pullman or Corvalis either. They love Cali and Arizona roadies though.

Denver is an over four hour round trip to Laramie in a bus. Add two hours flying time, up to three hours bussing from Provo and Logan to SLC, and three hours of airport time. That's twelve hours of travel time. Laramie is a six hour bus ride from SLC, seven hours from Provo, and about the same from Provo, depending on the route.

Not sure who these stringers were, but SLC area football teams rarely flew into Denver for games in Laramie. Basketball teams, in the middle of winter, perhaps, but not football teams.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

20 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Denver is an over four hour round trip to Laramie in a bus. Add two hours flying time, up to three hours bussing from Provo and Logan to SLC, and three hours of airport time. That's twelve hours of travel time. Laramie is a six hour bus ride from SLC, seven hours from Provo, and about the same from Provo, depending on the route.

Not sure who these stringers were, but SLC area football teams rarely flew into Denver for games in Laramie. Basketball teams, in the middle of winter, perhaps, but not football teams.

Just repeating what they shared on the air

Americans Mayor