Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

Game Thread: Arizona @ Hawaii

23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise was minus 5 in TO ratio (including two defensive TDs for the cougs) against BYU a few years back and still win. That was the first time that had ever happened. 

Remember the Utah St game in 2015, BSU had a minus 7 in TO ratio and was never able to mount a comeback in that game.  There are only so many setbacks a good team can overcome...and then you have the recent games between Fresno and Boise where 1 key turnover in the game is probably the difference between winning and losing...

51 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Remember the Utah St game in 2015, BSU had a minus 7 in TO ratio and was never able to mount a comeback in that game.  There are only so many setbacks a good team can overcome...and then you have the recent games between Fresno and Boise where 1 key turnover in the game is probably the difference between winning and losing...

Yeah, eight TOs in the first 32 minutes of the game. I've never seen anything like that. 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, azgreg said:

So, what do my Wildcats need to look for when facing the Rainbow Warriors this Saturday night?

2014 was the last time Arizona finished the season ranked in the top 25. Hawaii just reminded you of that. 

Just watched the condensed game...Hawaii was lucky to win that game!  Hope the Rainbow Warriors fix those errors because I don't think the 'Bows will be as lucky next time.

8 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Just watched the condensed game...Hawaii was lucky to win that game!  Hope the Rainbow Warriors fix those errors because I don't think the 'Bows will be as lucky next time.

That's one way to look at it. The more realistic way to look at it is Arizona was lucky to not lose by 21.

People, not a fan.

8 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Anytime you turn the ball over 6 times you are damn lucky to get out with a win.  McDonald threw just 10 INT's all of last season.  Three of the 4 he threw vs AZ could have been avoided and were on him.  The fumbled exchange between McDonald and his RB likely was a week zero issue being less sharp.  Cut the turnovers in half and Hawaii could have easily won this game by 3 scores.  Hawaii has defensive issues to be sure but I think the offense with a few more games under it's belt is gonna be scary in conference play.

I see your Buffs are predicted to finish near the bottom of the Pac-12 South.  With as bad as AZ looks CO should have a decent chance to avoid finishing last.  What say you?

9 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Two ways to look at it. Hawai’i was lucky to never trail the game with 6 TO’s. Another way is that Arizona was lucky that Hawai’i had 4 TO’s on Arizona’s side of the field that could have easily ended in FGs at least and allowed Arizona to score 21 points of their 35 (28 points total)

3 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Anytime you turn the ball over 6 times you are damn lucky to get out with a win.  McDonald threw just 10 INT's all of last season.  Three of the 4 he threw vs AZ could have been avoided and were on him.  The fumbled exchange between McDonald and his RB likely was a week zero issue being less sharp.  Cut the turnovers in half and Hawaii could have easily won this game by 3 scores.  Hawaii has defensive issues to be sure but I think the offense with a few more games under it's belt is gonna be scary in conference play.

I see your Buffs are predicted to finish near the bottom of the Pac-12 South.  With as bad as AZ looks CO should have a decent chance to avoid finishing last.  What say you?

I'm going to keep my eye on Hawaii and given their Facebook games, I'm probably going to to watch them more this season.

As for CU, Arizona travels to Boulder this year and that was the same place as Tate's coming out party...that could go either way.  Difference between the top of the P12S and the bottom isn't that great.  You have experience and good health, you'd win that division.  Just look at CU's 2016 season and every P12S school has played in the P12 CCG.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, Warbow said:

Considering Arizona had 6 more possessions, that’s not to bad. Tate is a yardage machine, I wouldn’t let those stats fool you, they forced Zona to punt 5 times and created 2 turnovers. 

Any team that can make the other team punt 5 times and create at lease 2 turnovers should win the game.

I call it even-Stevens.   Arizona forced 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles, and 1 stop on downs.  Warriors forced two interceptions and 5 stops on downs.  That makes 7 apiece. If not for Tate's last 30 yard scamper, Warriors would have out rushed the Wildcats.  Had they not fumbled, they would have surpassed the Wildcats in stunning fashion. In passing game, even with the 4 picks, the Warriors were at 70% while the Wildcats were in the low 60's.  Warriors never trailed.  Wildcats were chasing all the way and managed to tie the game twice