Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

Game Thread: Arizona @ Hawaii

Great job, 'bows. Though Tomey would not have been thrilled.

RIP to the great man.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Happy for the conference win, not so happy about Hawaii.  They beat a pretty awful Arizona team.  I keep rooting for Hawaii to return to it's glory days and today we found out that, aside from Byrd, they have a long ways to go.  The backup QB coming in during a tie ball game is not a good sign for the program.  Right now I project Hawaii as 4th in the West, above SJSU and UNLV.  Keep grinding Bows!

48 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Some of those Hawaii dance girls need to cut down on the poi.

it is all starch...

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

11 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

They'll have athletes but their HC is suspect.

the really suspect one is at FSU now.....with a lot of other future "suspects"

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

6 minutes ago, SJ PRIDE said:

Happy for the conference win, not so happy about Hawaii.  They beat a pretty awful Arizona team.  I keep rooting for Hawaii to return to it's glory days and today we found out that, aside from Byrd, they have a long ways to go.  The backup QB coming in during a tie ball game is not a good sign for the program.  Right now I project Hawaii as 4th in the West, above SJSU and UNLV.  Keep grinding Bows!

This guy’s an asshole sock-nobody likes you....great win HI. SJ Pride is hated by all-how dare you throw shade at a great win-quit trying so hard. Great job Bows!

9 minutes ago, SJ PRIDE said:

Hawaii's making strides and continually getting better.  It was a week 0 game vs a P5 school (even if it was U of A).  Great win.  Hawaii is closer to its Glory days than it has been in awhile.  It will be fun to see where Rolovich takes them.  

28 minutes ago, SJ PRIDE said:

That back-up QB is now 4-0.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

35 minutes ago, SJ PRIDE said:

Any other MWC school that has 6 turnovers to an average PAC—12 school would have loss by 30. But in SJS case by 70.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

16 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Any other MWC school that has 6 turnovers to an average PAC—12 school would have loss by 30. But in SJS case by 70.

Those turnovers stopped you from putting up 60+ on Arizona. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Watching the game recap here. Nice job bows! Love seeing that arrogant Az fan base eat dirt!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Great Win over a PAC 12 team at home. Coach Rolo is right 6 turnovers are unacceptable. The O-Line has improved big time. When Arizona rushed 3 and dropped 8 into coverage they got picked apart. But when Arizona blitzed Hawaii had some difficulties on offense. The special teams and defense did a good job making big plays when it was needed the most. I don't see a QB controversy yet, both Cole McDonald and Chevan Cordero are able to start or step in at anytime. What a nice problem to have 2 QB's (Cordero is redshirt freshman and McDonald is a senior) that can play at a moments notice. 

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
Go Warriors!

2 minutes ago, WarriorTyme said:

Great Win over a PAC 12 team at home. Coach Rolo is right 6 turnovers are unacceptable. The O-Line has improved big time. When Arizona rushed 3 and dropped 8 into coverage they got picked apart. But when Arizona blitzed Hawaii had some difficulties on offense. The special teams and defense did a good job making big plays when it was needed the most. I don't see a QB controversy yet, both Cole McDonald and Chevan Cordero are able to start or step in at anytime. What a nice problem to have 2 QB's (Cordero is redshirt freshman and McDonald is a senior) that can play at a moments notice. 

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
Go Warriors!

I had thought McDonald was a jr, and didn't realize Cordero is a freshman. Hawaii is in good hands for the next few years.

That finish reminded me of the UNM/BSU finish a few years back... Gut wrenching finish!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."