Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Echoes of Populism

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I can.  We can not be using bigoted slurs on the site.  See you in a few days.

Gracias amigo. I'll raise one to you tonight at the Salty Dawg.

We have openly gay posters on this board.  It was not acceptable when Roswell used bigoted language and it's not now.

Let's get back on track though.

I think @Old_SD_Dude would appreciate the description of populism presented here in the introduction

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/673228/pdf

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

I got nothing. The song kinda sounds like this: so that's what I'm going with. 

Man, I don't even know what the rules are in the first place!

But I want to keep it going to ward off all the assholes on here. Lighten it up a bit everyone. Jesus H Christ.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We have openly gay posters on this board.  It was not acceptable when Roswell used bigoted language and it's not now.

I think @Old_SD_Dude would appreciate the description of populism presented here in the introduction

I got it right back on track, my man. Back to the things that really matter - stream-of-consciousness pop culture references. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Man, I don't even know what the rules are in the first place!

But I want to keep it going to ward off all the assholes on here. Lighten it up a bit everyone. Jesus H Christ.

Each person plays on their own rules and the other person tries to hone in on them! Do you want a spoiler?

Also

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Each person plays on their own rules and the other person tries to hone in on them! Do you want a spoiler?

Also

I don't wannabe your lover, I wanna be your dog...

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I don't wannabe your lover, I wanna be your dog...

Image result for amores perrosAmores Perros

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That’s a good description. Very clear. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

I got it right back on track, my man. Back to the things that really matter - stream-of-consciousness pop culture references. 

As was brought down to us through the message of our cult leader, Quentin Tarantino?

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

this may take a while...

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Come on guys. There’s only one version of that song.

Dude the UT version is good if you like that sort of thing. 

17 hours ago, happycamper said:

Amores Caballos

or

Zoo

On 8/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, smltwnrckr said:

Amores Caballos

or

Zoo

We bought a Zoo

Image result for we bought a zoo

On 9/2/2019 at 9:13 PM, happycamper said:

We bought a Zoo

Image result for we bought a zoo

"At the Zoo," Simon and Garfunkel

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

"At the Zoo," Simon and Garfunkel

"This Party Just Took a Turn For the Douche", Garfunkel and Oates

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

"This Party Just Took a Turn For the Douche", Garfunkel and Oates

Hall & Oates vs Loggins & McDonald, Yacht Rock