Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Echoes of Populism

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So you agree gun control is racist?

The people who used it to keep black people from arming themselves were. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So, democrats running current large cities?

You're digging for something I'm not going to give you. I've never been a fan of gun control, though I've never owned a gun myself. If people want to take guns away, they should get a constitutional amendment passed. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

You're digging for something I'm not going to give you. I've never been a fan of gun control, though I've never owned a gun myself. If people want to take guns away, they should get a constitutional amendment passed. 

Damn, you're good.

Cheers.

26 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Mystery Train

Train to Busan

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Train to Busan

Snowpiercer

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Also, I support the right of Black Americans to defend themselves.

Too bad America does not.  The 2nd Amendment was created in no small part to help white slave owners capture runaway slaves.  You use a racist amendment's history to post-hoc justify endless massacres today.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Most ideas for gun control are incredibly racist.  They would add an increased financial burden on those living in minority communities who want to be able to legally defend their person and property from the criminal activity done with illegally owned firearms. 

No, most gun violence victims are black and brown, in major cities.  They could be protected by smart gun legislation, but the white assholes in power who use the NRA as a shield support their continued massacre.

As do you.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am friends with Hawk Newsome, the president of the BLM chapter for the greater New York area.  He is very anti gun control.

You're misstating their position.  As a practical matter, yes, they need guns to fight off white racists.  Killer Mike has been vocal in the same way -- but he also supports common sense gun reform so long as it applies equally across all races.  the problem is that 2A has been used in the past to keep black people down.  The NRA, and most 2A supporters throughout history, have been white racists.

Just now, Orange said:

You're misstating their position.  As a practical matter, yes, they need guns to fight off white racists.  Killer Mike has been vocal in the same way -- but he also supports common sense gun reform so long as it applies equally across all races.  the problem is that 2A has been used in the past to keep black people down.  The NRA, and most 2A supporters throughout history, have been white racists.

LMAO @ the guy who calls black people the N-word trying to explain how they think.

Jesus Christ. It's like a cartoon.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

Too bad America does not.  The 2nd Amendment was created in no small part to help white slave owners capture runaway slaves.  You use a racist amendment's history to post-hoc justify endless massacres today.

lol wut.

You should lay off the Bolivian Marching Powder.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

No, most gun violence victims are black and brown, in major cities.  They could be protected by smart gun legislation, but the white assholes in power who use the NRA as a shield support their continued massacre.

As do you.

Lol they are killed by illegally owned guns, all you want to do is give them no fighting, legal chance.

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

No, I'm really not.  Making it more expensive to own guns and ammo for their guns is racist.  As are you.

Just now, Orange said:

I'm repeating what KM said, you no-reading piece of shit with what may or may not be a gigantic rat's nest of hair that can flatten a Home Depot with its odor.

hey didn't mug just tell you not to bring up shit from the Introduce yourself thread.

And it's not a rat's nest. A family of owls lives in it.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

lol wut.

You should lay off the Bolivian Marching Powder.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opinion/second-amendment-slavery-james-madison.html

...the principal instrument for slave control was the militia. In the main, the South had refused to commit her militias to the war against the British during the American Revolution out of fear that, if the militias departed, slaves would revolt. But while the militias were effective at slave control, they had proved themselves unequal to the task of fighting a professional army. Bunker Hill was the last militia victory during the Revolution. The Continental Army (aided by the French Navy) won the war.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

hey didn't mug just tell you not to bring up shit from the Introduce yourself thread.

And it's not a rat's nest. A family of owls lives in it.

BE careful. Owl attacks are a real thing.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

BE careful. Owl attacks are a real thing.

I think i remember Petros Papadakis talking about getting attacked by an owl once.

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/opinion/second-amendment-slavery-james-madison.html

...the principal instrument for slave control was the militia. In the main, the South had refused to commit her militias to the war against the British during the American Revolution out of fear that, if the militias departed, slaves would revolt. But while the militias were effective at slave control, they had proved themselves unequal to the task of fighting a professional army. Bunker Hill was the last militia victory during the Revolution. The Continental Army (aided by the French Navy) won the war.

Bunker Hill ended in a British victory so your source material is already full of shit.