Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

2020 Pricing

35 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Reb high mentality at its best. Blame the opponents fan base for not filling your stadium for your HOME GAMES.

Y'all dont fill your stadium every game for a good team, so you might want to check that superiority attitude.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

43 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Reb high mentality at its best. Blame the opponents fan base for not filling your stadium for your HOME GAMES.

No "blame" about it, just the stark reality of the impact of scheduling and marketing on the bottom line.  To offset the cost of playing in the new stadium UNLV will need opponents that will generate local interest and bring their own numbers.

32 minutes ago, RSF said:

Y'all dont fill your stadium every game for a good team, so you might want to check that superiority attitude.

Not really. Check out ticket prices, start times, weather. Bsu does ok not great at filling its stadium. I have never heard Boise fans blaming visiting teams for not selling out our stadium though. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Not really. Check out ticket prices, start times, weather. Bsu does ok not great at filling its stadium. I have never heard Boise fans blaming visiting teams for not selling out our stadium though. 

UNLV in 2018 had a sold attendance of 16,823 last year with a 4-8 record. Our current stadium is in the bumf*ck part of Henderson on the SE outskirts of town. I don't even care to look back even further, but since 2003 UNLV had had 1 season with a winning record (7-5). Do you think if Boise had 1 winning season of football in the last 16 you would have 16,823 tickets sold for football in any year? It's honestly amazing anyone gives a shit about UNLV Football at all. Boise St. would've been dead years ago.--Honestly with how stellar Boise St has been in football, averaging around 30k fans is pathetic.

But now we have a $2 billion dollar stadium that's just down the street from campus and accessible to fans all over the valley that offers affordable ticket pricing to catch a college football game at one of the most luxurious and technologically advanced stadiums in world. We also have a $40 million dollar football practice facility on the way that gives us the best facilities in this sh*tshow of a conference, so excuse us UNLV fans for being a little excited---and some slackjaw Boise dork like you isn't going to rain on our parade, because things are looking up for UNLV football. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV in 2018 had a sold attendance of 16,823 last year with a 4-8 record. Our current stadium is in the bumf*ck part of Henderson on the SE outskirts of town. I don't even care to look back even further, but since 2003 UNLV had had 1 season with a winning record (7-5). Do you think if Boise had 1 winning season of football in the last 16 you would have 16,823 tickets sold for football in any year? It's honestly amazing anyone gives a shit about UNLV Football at all. Boise St. would've been dead years ago.--Honestly with how stellar Boise St has been in football, averaging around 30k fans is pathetic.

But now we have a $2 billion dollar stadium that's just down the street from campus and accessible to fans all over the valley that offers affordable ticket pricing to catch a college football game at one of the most luxurious and technologically advanced stadiums in world. We also have a $40 million dollar football practice facility on the way that gives us the best facilities in this sh*tshow of a conference, so excuse us UNLV fans for being a little excited---and some slackjaw Boise dork like you isn't going to rain on our parade, because things are looking up for UNLV football. 

This is some funny shiit. 

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Yes, you can.  Both BC Place in Vancouver and Mercedes-Benz in Atlanta have curtaining systems that completely block off the upper decks.  And it works quite well.

I hear you there.  I was thinking they needed more blocked off than just the upper deck. 

Not sure why you block off anyway.  Empty stadium is empty stadium.  Tarped or not.  Tv doesn’t matter for Unlv or the impression left so, kind of a non point I guess.  

Im buying my season tickets when they are ready.  Can’t wait.  Hoping for some good seats. 

3 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

This is some funny shiit. 

Didn't you come to this thread looking for funny?  I just searched on "Reb high" and saw that this is the 18th UNLV thread you have jumped into in 2019 so you could talk about what "Reb high" is up to.

10 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Didn't you come to this thread looking for funny?  I just searched on "Reb high" and saw that this is the 18th UNLV thread you have jumped into in 2019 so you could talk about what "Reb high" is up to.

Love me some Reb high. Dumbest  fan base in the country. 

30 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Love me some Reb high. Dumbest  fan base in the country. 

You can't even come up with a comeback. You're just a bit slow, and a weak troll--it's fine.  I have to ask, what is the cause for your deep seated hatred for UNLV? What is it about a 235-335 football program that makes some Boise geek like you obsess over on the internet and shitpost about? 18+ threads and counting and we're rent free in your head. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

32 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

You can't even come up with a comeback. You're just a bit slow, and a weak troll--it's fine.  I have to ask, what is the cause for your deep seated hatred for UNLV? What is it about a 235-335 football program that makes some Boise geek like you obsess over on the internet and shitpost about? 18+ threads and counting and we're rent free in your head. 

I don’t hate Reb high. Just laugh at idiot posters like yourself who think playing in raiders stadium with half the seats covered by tarps is some great thing for Unlv football. Like I said dumbest fan base in the country. 

16 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

I don’t hate Reb high. Just laugh at idiot posters like yourself who think playing in raiders stadium with half the seats covered by tarps is some great thing for Unlv football. Like I said dumbest fan base in the country. 

Yeah... you're so smart. You're just too intelligent for us "reb high" fans. lol, you're such a loser--you actually think that's a good burn? Playing in Allegiant Stadium is obviously better than our current situation in Sam Boyd...I'm really surprised a "smart" guy like yourself would fail to see that. I'd rather have tarped seats in a $2 billion dollar stadium than 30k in that hideous blue turfed dump that Boise plays in. Besides, It's actually a great opportunity to affordably catch a game at such a luxurious venue---someone like you probably can't afford to go to a Raiders game, but catching Boise St. at UNLV would be peanuts in comparison. You can keep calling it the "Raiders" stadium, but if a smart guy like you reads the contract- we're an equal tenant. UNLV has their own offices, lockerroom and use of the medical/training facilities, permanent signage, hell--UNLV even gets their own turf. It's the reason why UNLV is pretty flush with cash after inking a $65 million multimedia deal w/ Learfield Communications. 

UNLV isn't moving into Allegiant Stadium with a loser's mentality that they're going to be tarping off over half the seats forever. The goal is to start winning and put butts in those seats. It doesn't even matter to us if Sanchez is the guy to accomplish that. Even if he fails to make a bowl game this season and he's fired, UNLV will have a nice new stadium and $40 million practice facility to use to attract a new coach. Which again, would leave UNLV in a mucho better situation than before we hired Sanchez. Getting the facility built alone probably makes him the most successful coach in UNLV Football's illustrious history! Keep on grinding that axe for UNLV fans though, we love the attention. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 8/24/2019 at 2:03 PM, slappy said:

Not sure why you block off anyway.  Empty stadium is empty stadium.  Tarped or not.  Tv doesn’t matter for Unlv or the impression left so, kind of a non point I guess.  

AD space.  Got to sell those seats to someone.  If you can't get fans in there, get advertising dollars.

Well UNLV also has an extra home game next year + a better home sch. So that, combined with the new stadium, easily explains the price increase. I mean the cheapest seats are only like 70 cents a game more expensive if you just buy them next year. It is not till you get to the primo seats that you can even tell the difference. 

2019-Southern Utah, Arky State, Boise State, San Diego State, Hawaii, San Jose State

2020- Cal, La Tech, Arizona State, Nevada, Colorado State, Fresno State, Wyoming.