Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Popeyes VS Chick-fil-A

Who ya got?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Popeyes
    • Chick-fil-A

Cat, the other other white meat.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

Cat, the other other white meat.

I threaten my oldest cat,  who's a bully to our other cat, with going full Chinese on his ass when he acts up.....seems to get my point and mellows out.  

So, after reading this thread, I decided to go to my local popeye's for lunch today. 

I drive by neighborhood location often enough and have never seen the lot full nor the drive thru line snaking the lot...not that long, however, it was long enough and hot enough outside for me to decide park and eat there. 

I walked in and there were 1/2-dozen ahead of me. Again, not long, but usually when I go to popeye's, there are like two people in line,  if that.

I started friendly convo with the guy ahead of me. I told him I was there for the sandwich b/c of this thread. Apparently, he drove 30 mins from L.A. to get the sandwich. He had it before. So I figured it must be that good. 

I ordered mine. Enjoyed it. Will have it again, but am not in a hurry nor planning to have it again this week. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, mugtang said:

One of my cats will only eat dry food.  Won’t eat wet food, treats, nothing. It’s strictly dry food for her. 

ProTip: Petco usually has an endcap with returns and closeout SKUs. Since finding this, ours is eating baller style - it's Red Lobster all the way down.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:36 PM, mysfit said:

Cats are obligate carnivores.  But Nefritiri is allergic to fish so no fish. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, mugtang said:

One of my cats will only eat dry food.  Won’t eat wet food, treats, nothing. It’s strictly dry food for her. 

Try this one.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Chick-Fil-A has some new competition coming soon, though. There's Chicken-Jesus, not that Jesus would be afraid to eat there (unless it was Sunday), and the women's only eatery, Fil-A-Chick. OK, you dirty minded guys that think you have a right to go there, you don't. It's not a 'fast food' brothel.  

kat.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, mysfit said:

Neither

Poor nutritional value, bad for the environment and bad for working class people.

How is bad for working class people vs any other class of people? I'll agree that it is poor nutritional value, but people aren't supposed to exist on fast food and if they do, that's their poor choice to make. 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:04 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

The difference between CFA, Popeyes or any other fast food restaurant down here is.....service.  

Chick-fil-a has some damn good customer service training programs. The employees are polite as hell, accomadating and attentive.  

Their employees are being taught valuable skills at a young age. I see so many young people in the service industry who have no clue how to interact with a customer. 

I'm not a chicken sandwich expert so I won't say who's best, but I do know the hospitality business, and if I'm traveling and see CFA on one side of the street and any other fast food competitor on the other side....I'm going to CFA.

I don't go bananas for Chic-fil-a, but they have some good food and we'll sometimes find ourselves there. But you're absolutely right, the customer service at CFA is second to none AND they're preparing their workers for their future. There's a Taco Bell near me and every single time I've been there, the employees are bullshitting with each other, not paying attention to customers (and when they do, they're usually rude) and every single time, they f' up the order. That simply won't happen at CFA. And if you have a problem at Popeye's, they'll tell you to go F' yourself.....which I actually appreciate more than workers being apathetic. 

Bump.

Thought I bring this up. I traveled to AZ for the T-giving holiday weekend. We decided to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel, since it was near the hotel we stayed at. Order the the Chicked BLT. Thought it would come with a grilled piece of chicken breast- I quickly glanced at the name of dishes only. Nope. It came with a piece of fried chicken breast. Way better than Popeye's. I think those two are more similar in style than Popeye's and Chic-fil'a.

I don't see why they would even be compared, but both are pretty good.

Popeyes has really good spicy chicken strips that are really meaty and tasty af. Chik Fil-a has small little nuggets that are pretty good in their own right, and good waffle fries, but they are totally different animals imho. 

Never had the sandwiches from either place but both look like shit and I don't get the fanfare. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Ranking traditional on the bone fried chicken, Church's > Popeye's. But Popeye's owns Church's in every other aspect.

I grew up on fried chicken and soul food but where I live there isn't much offered ( Poor House Bistro and Southern Kitchen are closest things to soul food places in SJ). There are no Church's in south bay either, so i really lean on Popeye's.

I have not had the chance to try their new sandwich yet but I love their spicy chicken is money on the bone or strips.  I often eat a family size container of RBnR all by myself, and I wish they still offered their Jambalaya as an entrée. 

Has anyone mentioned Chick Fil-A chicken biscuits yes? if no, then you guys have no place in this discussion. There is no better FF breakfast item period.

Rest of rankings 

Best strips = Raising Cane's

Best sides = Popeye's

Best Drinks = CFA

Best sauce = Zaxby's

Best sandwich = CFA but have not tried Popeye's yet

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 12/3/2019 at 9:28 AM, DoubleBlueGold said:

Bump.

Thought I bring this up. I traveled to AZ for the T-giving holiday weekend. We decided to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel, since it was near the hotel we stayed at. Order the the Chicked BLT. Thought it would come with a grilled piece of chicken breast- I quickly glanced at the name of dishes only. Nope. It came with a piece of fried chicken breast. Way better than Popeye's. I think those two are more similar in style than Popeye's and Chic-fil'a.

There are Cracker Barrels in Sacramento and Victorville areas now too. My fave is the Herschel with sweet tea

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif