Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Popeyes VS Chick-fil-A

Who ya got?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Popeyes
    • Chick-fil-A

3 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

If you ever make it down to St. George or just driving through you have got to try Viva Chicken.  The spices they use are great.  Aside from their great rotisserie chicken you have got to try their chicken soup.  

"Viva Chicken is a Peruvian Rotisserie Joint specializing in Pollo a la Brasa. Our menu is fresh, flavorful, and packed with inspired recipes that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Peru. Viva Chicken is not only hip and healthy, it’s quick and convenient and a great spot for dine-in or takeout."

I LOVE Peruvian cuisine so will definitely give this place a try.  My in-laws are in Cedar City so I’m down that way fairly often.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 hours ago, crixus said:

I've been to Peru, and Guinea Pig is considered a delicacy there. I passed on it. PERU0001.GIF

Image result for fried guinea pig peru

My gf ate guinea pig while she was down there. She said it's quite good. She also said it was a little weird seeing them run around and playing before they cooked and ate them though.

10 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

No.  I usually stop there a few times a year as I'm driving through.  Nielsen's frozen custard on St. George Blvd. for a concrete is a guaranteed stop and now Viva Chicken are my two stops.  Nielsen's doesn't serve sandwiches anymore so I have to make a second stop.  Once in a while I will stop at the In-n-out or Pier 49 pizza for a sour dough crust pie.  I've tried other restaurants in the area but, the ones mentioned are more the family favorites.  I've run the St. George marathon a few times and I've grown to appreciate the city and people for their great support so I like to patronize their restaurants as a way of giving something back.  Plus I'm usually hungry when I drive through there.

Ah, gotcha. Well if you ever need a local restaurant recommendation I’ve probably tried most of them. 

17 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Popeyes is inconsistent.

Yep. It's hard to find any chicken under the batter sometimes.   Love the red beans and rice though.

I'm an El Pollo Loco man myself - three pieces and a double broccoli w/corn tortillas

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I enjoy Chick-fil-A for my chicken sandwiches and as a California native I support In-N-Out, but then I was introduced to Culver's. My fiancee spent 3 years at South Dakota State for grad school and Culver's became her addiction. When we traveled to Austin, TX a few years ago we passed through Phoenix and when she saw a Culver's off the side of the highway she damn near grabbed the steering wheel forcing me to pull over. Their butterburger and cheese curds changed my life as in shaving off a few years, but damn it was good. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Just now, ridgeview2 said:

I enjoy Chick-fil-A for my chicken sandwiches and as a California native I support In-N-Out, but then I was introduced to Culver's. My fiancee spent 3 years at South Dakota State for grad school and Culver's became her addictionn. When we traveled to Austin, TX a few years ago we passed through Phoenix and when she saw a Culver's off the side of the highway she damn near grabbed the steering wheel forcing me to pull over. Their butterburger and cheese curds changed my life as in shaving off a few years, but damn it was good. 

I’ve only tried the custard at Culver’s which I found underwhelming.  Next time might try reducing my life expectancy as well!

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Raising Canes Chicken Sandwich is the best.  Popeyes is terrible.  Chick-fil-a is meh.

Check out this video for a look at the best chicken sandwich....

I had Raising Cane's for the first time last Nov when I went to Dallas for a Cowboys game. They blow Chick Filet and Popeye's out of the water! Two stores opened up in Phoenix a few months ago, and 1 is supposed to be coming to Yuma next year. I'm counting the days!

I've not tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich that seems to be this huge deal right now... but I will say that I like their chicken more than Chick-Fil-A. I've just always found CFA to be completely overrated for what it is... my wife and kids love it, but I'm just overall pretty meh about it. The food is usually lukewarm, and just overall kinda bland. I'll take Popeye's or Church's over CFA any day of the week.

18 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

My gf ate guinea pig while she was down there. She said it's quite good. She also said it was a little weird seeing them run around and playing before they cooked and ate them though.

'A little weird'.....:stop:

17 hours ago, PackNation said:

Wife and I did Popeye's for the first (and only) time in Sparks about a year ago. Never again. 

Yah, that's the problem with Popeyes.  I've had the same experience.  It can be worse than 7/11.  It can also be very good, but unless you know the location, it's like a box of chocolates