Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Popeyes VS Chick-fil-A

Who ya got?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Popeyes
    • Chick-fil-A

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Srsly though this Popeye's thing is weird AF. Some 4th rate franchise all of a sudden has lines out into the street? This is some next level marketing.

Popeye's is probably the best tasting fast food chain in the country.

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

What's the quality of the food? Sustainability? What kinds of non recyclable containers does your food come in? Are the employees well compensated? Do they have health benefits or are they a drain on the local systems?

And I usually bring my lunch. I source most of it locally and use reusable containers etc. I KNOW what's in the food, it's organic, local and healthier. Way better than mass produced foods on nutrient depleted mega farms that use pollinator killing pesticides.

Humans can do just fine on plant based protein which has a lower carbon footprint than meat. Cheese, milk and eggs the best I can do there is buy local so I go boisemilk.com which supports the local farmers and comes in glass.

So yes I have no doubt many find me silly and it might not make sense to you but I do what I can where I can and frankly the food supply chain can be pretty problematic. I try to stay seasonal and local.

It's a SANDWICH FFS

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I'm NOT a leftist.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

37 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It's a SANDWICH FFS

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I'm NOT a leftist.

Not all of us are that uptight 

3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Meh, Panera is overrated.  If you ever come to Utah check out Cafe Zupas.

Zupas is good, except for the fact that my wife and I nearly get a divorce every time we eat there because the 16 year old girl working there doesn't know how to pick equal sized chocolate strawberries 

The difference between CFA, Popeyes or any other fast food restaurant down here is.....service.  

Chick-fil-a has some damn good customer service training programs. The employees are polite as hell, accomadating and attentive.  

Their employees are being taught valuable skills at a young age. I see so many young people in the service industry who have no clue how to interact with a customer. 

I'm not a chicken sandwich expert so I won't say who's best, but I do know the hospitality business, and if I'm traveling and see CFA on one side of the street and any other fast food competitor on the other side....I'm going to CFA.

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

It's a SANDWICH FFS

Have you not heard? The lungs of the planet are going POOF! Up in smoke.

Actually I started down this path looking into improving my health because I'm not getting any younger. Starting checking out ayurvedic medicine. A friend of mine works in publishing and with a food science degree, we have talked about chemicals and farming and all of the nasty things ending up in prepared food. And so I tried eating better. The last couple of times I went for fast food I felt really crappy afterward.

10 years ago, I'd say Popeyes. But I'll take the laugh for having tweaked that response of yours.

One of the Final Five..........

3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Meh, Panera is overrated.  If you ever come to Utah check out Cafe Zupas.

If you ever make it down to St. George or just driving through you have got to try Viva Chicken.  The spices they use are great.  Aside from their great rotisserie chicken you have got to try their chicken soup.  

"Viva Chicken is a Peruvian Rotisserie Joint specializing in Pollo a la Brasa. Our menu is fresh, flavorful, and packed with inspired recipes that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Peru. Viva Chicken is not only hip and healthy, it’s quick and convenient and a great spot for dine-in or takeout."

14 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

If you ever make it down to St. George or just driving through you have got to try Viva Chicken.  The spices they use are great.  Aside from their great rotisserie chicken you have got to try their chicken soup.  

"Viva Chicken is a Peruvian Rotisserie Joint specializing in Pollo a la Brasa. Our menu is fresh, flavorful, and packed with inspired recipes that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Peru. Viva Chicken is not only hip and healthy, it’s quick and convenient and a great spot for dine-in or takeout."

I've been to Peru, and Guinea Pig is considered a delicacy there. I passed on it. PERU0001.GIF

Image result for fried guinea pig peru

13 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Have you not heard? The lungs of the planet are going POOF! Up in smoke.

Actually I started down this path looking into improving my health because I'm not getting any younger. Starting checking out ayurvedic medicine. A friend of mine works in publishing and with a food science degree, we have talked about chemicals and farming and all of the nasty things ending up in prepared food. And so I tried eating better. The last couple of times I went for fast food I felt really crappy afterward.

10 years ago, I'd say Popeyes. But I'll take the laugh for having tweaked that response of yours.

You laugh?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

37 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

You live in st George @Meister_Rebel? I thought I was the only rebel fan in this city.

And yeah viva chicken is good if you’re into rotisserie . The problem is, I’m more of a fried chicken kinda guy...

16 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

You live in st George @Meister_Rebel? I thought I was the only rebel fan in this city.

And yeah viva chicken is good if you’re into rotisserie . The problem is, I’m more of a fried chicken kinda guy...

No.  I usually stop there a few times a year as I'm driving through.  Nielsen's frozen custard on St. George Blvd. for a concrete is a guaranteed stop and now Viva Chicken are my two stops.  Nielsen's doesn't serve sandwiches anymore so I have to make a second stop.  Once in a while I will stop at the In-n-out or Pier 49 pizza for a sour dough crust pie.  I've tried other restaurants in the area but, the ones mentioned are more the family favorites.  I've run the St. George marathon a few times and I've grown to appreciate the city and people for their great support so I like to patronize their restaurants as a way of giving something back.  Plus I'm usually hungry when I drive through there.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Popeye's is probably the best tasting fast food chain in the country.

I don't know about that but all of a sudden we talking bout Popeye's because they made a sandwich? Like if del taco made a new burrito and the internet went all "you got to try this new offering from del taco" I mean I wouldn't worry about it too much. We're talking about ghetto Popeye's for crissakes and I got cars backing up into Sahara Ave. Wtf?

6 hours ago, rudolro said:

Is this real?

Absolutely real. https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-09-25/the-one-dish-to-try-in-peru-is-guinea-pig

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Watching y'all quibble about two restaurants that are nowhere near me.

lukr1.jpg?a435096

Have you not ever watched White Castle? It is time toke and road trip to either those.