Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

2019 MW Volleyball

@jdgaucho  What you say?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

@Warbow I say damn. Wahine get swept at Cal Poly, turn around and sweep UCSB?  Did not see that coming.   UCSB's win streak snapped at 13. 

I also say for this week you are rooting for Santa Barbara to beat Cal Poly.  An SB win pulls Hawaii within one game of Cal Poly in the loss column.  An SB loss moves Hawaii into second place, but also increases Cal Poly's separation from everybody.

image.png.3a490236820ed42ebc810728723dad44.png

October 14th AVCA polls

#9 BYU, no change

#14 CSU, up one

#22 Hawaii, down three

USD just outside the top 25.  The highest of the RV teams, they effectively sit at #26.  UCSB 14 votes.  Cal Poly 12.

Oct 13 RPI

MW

13. CSU (1st place in the MW at 6-0)

93. Wyoming (2nd at 5-1)

100. Boise (tied for 3rd at 4-2)

124. Nevada (tied for 3rd at 4-2)

125. SDSU (9th at 2-5)

137. UNLV (tied for 3rd at 4-2)

147. Fresno (6th place at 4-3)

222. UNM (last place at 0-6)

240. SJSU (10th place at 1-5)

279. Air Force (tied for 7th at 2-4)

290. USU (tied for 7th at 2-4)

BW

9. Hawaii (tied for 3rd place at 4-2)

36. UC Santa Barbara (2nd at 5-1)

39. Cal Poly (1st at 6-0)

123. UC Davis (tied for 3rd at 4-2)

179. Cal State Fullerton (tied for 6th at 1-4)

180. Long Beach State (5th at 2-3)

193. CSUN (tied for 6th at 1-4)

205. UC Irvine (tied for 6th at 1-4)

265. UC Riverside (last at 1-5)

The MW? CSU is in hosting contention.  Unfortunately it's beginning to look like the only way for two bids is for somebody else to hoist the conference crown.  Boise hosts CSU so let's see if they can do something. The Rams have already beaten UNLV and have a leg up on Wyoming, via five set win in Laramie.  The Pokes do get another shot at CSU, but round two is on Oct 29th in Fort Collins. If Wyoming is to have any shot at winning the MW they must win the rematch; cause otherwise I can't imagine CSU losing more than once.

As for the BW, Hawaii is an NCAA lock and in the hosting conversation.  Cal Poly would be in as the conference champions and UC Santa Barbara would get an at-large if the season ended today.  It's looking good for 2 bids and there's a decent chance at 3, but the Cal Poly / UCSB matchup is huge for both teams as well as Hawaii. 

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Nevada is falling apart after back to back losses against Air Force and UNM. Hopefully we can at least beat UNLV and help to regain the Governors Cup.

I’m sure its disappointing after winning at Boise which is a difficult thing to do.  But its a long season and things can change.

24 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

A WYO win tomorrow essentially turns it into a two-team race.

From my perspective as a casual fan, it seems like what held Wyoming back last year was the lack of wins on the road. Would be a huge win tomorrow to knock off a solid Boise team... it might give the team more hope for that return trip to FoCo coming up

I watched some of the loss to unm, and our passing is horrible. Can’t run any plays with bad passes, which then turned every broken player to a 3 set which unm was able to stop.   The curse of Groth is still with us after she ran Scruggs out. 

The Spartans beat UNM today 3-1 in San Jose. :cheer: